• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Does the Sc Pay for Return Shipping?

In summary, the solution center will send a return shipping label to the customer if they have ordered the wrong product, within the warranty period, and the customer did not receive the label.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
I can't figure out when the solution center pays for the return shipping for a product. When I first got my consultant kit I broke my microplane adjustable grater right away by being stupid. I called and they send me a return shipping label, and send me the new grater right away (I hadn't even shipped the return one yet).

Then I had a customer who only wrote down descriptions on her order, not item numbers, so I ordered the wrong thing for her. I called again and they sent me the right one (I told them it was my fault) and also the shipping label for return shipping.

Then I had a customer who ordered the easy adjustable measuring cup and her husband accidentally put the top part in the bottom of the dishwasher and part of the rubber seal melted so it leaked (this was within the warranty period). I called and they didn't say anything about sending a return shipping label but they said they'd send the replacement directly to the customer. I haven't heard if she got it yet or not but it's not showing up in my adjustments status on CC even though I got the e-mail confirmation. The e-mail confirmation just said to return the product to the address. I'm assuming that means the customer (or I) have to pay shipping?

Free returns in first 30 days only.

Hm...ok, and that's 30 days from the day the show's held or submitted? Because the measuring cup that I had to get replaced was from a show on 4/19, I submitted the show on 4/30 and did the product adjustment on 5/21 or before (that's the date of the confirmation e-mail I got).

It is 30 days from the day you receive your shipment. Lately my downline has to return everything and is told to pay for shipping even if it is less than 30 days. She doesn't want to question it so she pays for the shipping then complains to me about how high it is. Be sure to INSIST on a return address label and tell them the date you received the item. It can get pretty expensive to ship it all back yourself!

I just had to call HO for a return on products that I ordered wrong...they are arranging for a fedex pickup for tomorrow! I was so grateful, especially because it was totally my fault for putting in the wrong numbers ;)
I guess it just goes to show how helpful PC truely is to their consultants!

Thanks, I'll have to call them tomorrow and tell them I did the adjustment before the 30 days but never got the label.

What is the policy for when the Sc pays for return shipping?

The policy states that the Sc will cover return shipping costs for items that are damaged, defective, or incorrect. This applies to both online and in-person purchases.

How long do I have to return an item and have the Sc cover the shipping costs?

The Sc allows for returns within 30 days of purchase for a full refund, including return shipping costs. After 30 days, the customer is responsible for return shipping fees.

What if I change my mind and want to return an item?

If the item is in its original condition and within the 30-day return window, the Sc will cover the cost of return shipping. However, if the item is not damaged or defective, the customer may be subject to a restocking fee.

Do I need to provide proof of the reason for the return to have the Sc cover the shipping costs?

In most cases, proof is not required for the Sc to cover return shipping costs. However, if the item is being returned due to damage or defect, providing photo evidence may expedite the return process.

What if I want to exchange an item instead of returning it?

The Sc does not cover return shipping costs for exchanges. The customer is responsible for the return shipping fees and the cost of shipping the new item. However, if the exchange is due to a damaged or defective item, the Sc will cover the shipping costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cooknjess
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cooknjess
  • blestmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
  • babywings76