• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Care Calls - I Need a Good Reason to Do Them!

In summary, Heather was struggling to make customer care calls but found that they were good for her business. She plans to keep making them and hope for positive results.
pamperedmomto3
I've tried and tried to be good about calling but whenever I do people act as if I'm bothering them. I need a good story about why they need to be done. Has anyone received a large order from a CCC or a plethora of bookings. Give me something. I'm grasping at straws!

Well coming from a completely PHOBIC of the phone person, I know how you feel! But I finally bit the bullet and made some calls this weekend! I am forcing myself to Just Do It this year! I tried when I first started 2.5 Years ago but only did it a few times. I really want to get into the HABIT of doing them regularly, if anything for good customer service. I told myself to start off SLOW- Baby steps, then work my way up to doing it daily.

So I called the first few just to check in on their products and I felt I was a bother them too. But It did get a Little easier but still painful until I contacted the host of that particular show I was working on.
Well She wanted a Reorder on 3 quickstir pitchers so I told her I would gladly add them to by chance, a friend of her's whose freind had a show open currently. Plus I asked her if she wanted the new Spring catalog and invited her to my Spring Preview (which was another good reason to make my calls ~to invite them :) And she said to send a few catalogs so she could pass them around to her freinds and coworkers! Sweet, she offered and I ofcourse accepted! Hopefully she can collect enough to make it into a show of her own!

So although it's HARD especially at the beginning, it does get a little easier with each call I think! Using that 100 NOs helps too, checking off the list trying to get it fully checked off but then actually getting a positive result is even better!

But I have heard and liked the attitude: NO means Next and move ON!

Next weekend I plan to try to contact my past hosts to check in and see if they'd like a new catalog and invite them to my preview show!

Good luck! Start out small, 1x a week a handful of calls.. then work your way up to 2x a week, then eventually work up to daily 3- contacts a day is my goal.

Last edited:
Awesome testimonial, Heather! Way to go my little phone-phobic!!!:)

It is hard at first to do these calls. If you feel uncomfortable, ONLY call to just check in on their products and to make sure they are using them and enjoying them. Don't put pressure on yourself to ask about bookings unless there's a blatant red flag comment by your customer or something. I found that takes the pressure off......if you're really just calling to check in on them. You WILL find that most are appreciative for the call. I did one today from a show from December. We chatted for 15 minutes and it was fun, plus I was really glad I called because she had ordered a bunch of grill tools in December. She LOVED the BBQ BAsting Bottle and never even opened the BBQ Basting Brush, so she wanted to exchange it for another basting bottle. She was so happy to hear that it will be easy to exchange. I'm glad I called because otherwise it probably would have sat there totally unused and now she's happy about it!:) So, even the small results or the comment "thanks for calling, I never have other consultants who do that" will make you feel good about it!:D

I like Heather's mantra of "Just Do It!"

Ok, you all inspired me - I'll be on the phone tomorrow making CCCs!!

I made one today and the guest was really happy I called and said "I didn't even know that anyone did these calls!" She didn't want anything and didn't want to host, but still, I could tell I made an impact. I also said if I could help her in the future or if she knew anyone who needed a PC consultant that I would love to help her out!

This is the thing, I was only calling to give good customer care. Finding out how their products were and if they were happy. Not saying a thing about hosting a show, etc. I will try again but felt very defeated last evening.

Funny that this was the first thread I saw this morning. I sent this out to my cluster yesterday :)

Customer Care Calls are good for your business :)

Just wanted to share what I did with 2 hours today to grow my business

I called 36 Past customers of mine

I got 25 Machines & left messages

I spoke with 11 Live people

2 were sweet little ladies who remembered me and wanted to talk about the weather :rolleyes:

3 people booked shows

1 recruit lead

And 6 new people on my newsletter list.

All in 2 hours time!

When I was done I didn’t realize I had such great success! I felt like I had called so many people and had only booked 3 shows. But I found that I had actually only spoken to 11 people and I got 3 shows and a recruit lead!

That is AWESOME!

Keep your phone calls in perspective. Don’t count talking to machines and be proud of making that connection with your customers!

Good luck and Happy days for a great spring!

Cheryl :balloon:

I have been trying to get more in the habit of calling outside orders...I did that yesterday, I was getting ready to close out a show, was balancing the $ and everything, going through the order forms (checking it twice for errors, etc) and I decided "what the heck, I'll call these 2 and tell them I'm getting ready to close her show and ask if they want to book to help her out" and guess what??? BOTH of those outside orders BOOKED! One for May and one for June!!!
So, for those of you who don't follow up w/ the outside orders, I say go for it! I'm so glad I did!

I also have tried to make CCC. I am TOTALLY scared to talk on the phone and feel that I am being pushy and bothering people. The one & only time that I did get on the phone I made 3 calls and the last woman I spoke with was TERRIBLE!! She told me that she was not interest in me or TPC and to not call her again. That make me feel even more scared!!! Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can overcome this fear and what can I say that might not sound so pushy?

cooking4pchef said:
I also have tried to make CCC. I am TOTALLY scared to talk on the phone and feel that I am being pushy and bothering people. The one & only time that I did get on the phone I made 3 calls and the last woman I spoke with was TERRIBLE!! She told me that she was not interest in me or TPC and to not call her again. That make me feel even more scared!!! Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can overcome this fear and what can I say that might not sound so pushy?

Did she place an order? If so, how can she say she's not interested in PC? Oh well, some people are like that, but those are usually few and far between! Keep it up and you will have much success!

I sometimes go over the guarantee info. They hear it at the show, but it gets missed by many. Sometimes they are talking to much to hear all the words. :) I remind them about storing their receipt under the silverware drawer and that if anything happens to their products during the guarantees, they can contact me to see what I suggest. Then I will decide what else to talk about based on their response from that.
I have not run into any rude people on the phone, yet. I would try not to take it personal (I know easier said than done). Maybe if they did order and then said they were not interested you could say they must be a good friend to have helped out soso at their show. Then Thank them for their order and their time.

pamperedbecky said:
Awesome testimonial, Heather! Way to go my little phone-phobic!!!:)

It is hard at first to do these calls. If you feel uncomfortable, ONLY call to just check in on their products and to make sure they are using them and enjoying them. Don't put pressure on yourself to ask about bookings unless there's a blatant red flag comment by your customer or something. I found that takes the pressure off......if you're really just calling to check in on them. You WILL find that most are appreciative for the call. I did one today from a show from December. We chatted for 15 minutes and it was fun, plus I was really glad I called because she had ordered a bunch of grill tools in December. She LOVED the BBQ BAsting Bottle and never even opened the BBQ Basting Brush, so she wanted to exchange it for another basting bottle. She was so happy to hear that it will be easy to exchange. I'm glad I called because otherwise it probably would have sat there totally unused and now she's happy about it!:) So, even the small results or the comment "thanks for calling, I never have other consultants who do that" will make you feel good about it!:D

I like Heather's mantra of "Just Do It!"
Awwhh thanks! You'd be soo proud that day, watching me work that phone lol:p !

I HATE making the phone calls. I've been working on it, but I know I have a lot of improvement. I'm naturally an overly anxious person so when I get ready for my phone call time, I have to listen to inspiring and uplifting stuff at least an hour prior. I subscribe to Joel Osteen's sermons on iTunes, and I listen to them; or I listen to recorded tele-classes. I know it sounds lame, but it really helps. Then when I make the phone calls, and I book a show I'm completely over the moon with excitement.

ted122781 said:
I HATE making the phone calls. I've been working on it, but I know I have a lot of improvement. I'm naturally an overly anxious person so when I get ready for my phone call time, I have to listen to inspiring and uplifting stuff at least an hour prior. I subscribe to Joel Osteen's sermons on iTunes, and I listen to them; or I listen to recorded tele-classes. I know it sounds lame, but it really helps. Then when I make the phone calls, and I book a show I'm completely over the moon with excitement.
I don't think it sounds lame at all!! It is wonderful that you have found something that makes it possible to make your calls with confidence! We should all be so lucky!

My advice: keep it strictly CUSTOMER CARE. Especially if you feel like you are being PUSHY. Once you get over the fear, you will be able to "branch out" and bring up hosting or the opportunity.

When I call I say something like "Hi there, this is Kelly with TPC. I met you at Suzie's party! Do you have a quick minute to chat?" If it's OK, then I say "I am just checking in to make sure that you are 100% happy with the products you purchased. Are they "out of the box" yet?

To be a little funnier, you can call them and tell them you are making your "out of the box calls" When they ask what that means (or if they just sit there like a bump on a log and don't respond... ;) ) You can tell them you are calling to be sure that they have their new stuff "out of the boxes" and in use!

KellyTheChef said:
My advice: keep it strictly CUSTOMER CARE. Especially if you feel like you are being PUSHY. Once you get over the fear, you will be able to "branch out" and bring up hosting or the opportunity.

When I call I say something like "Hi there, this is Kelly with TPC. I met you at Suzie's party! Do you have a quick minute to chat?" If it's OK, then I say "I am just checking in to make sure that you are 100% happy with the products you purchased. Are they "out of the box" yet?

To be a little funnier, you can call them and tell them you are making your "out of the box calls" When they ask what that means (or if they just sit there like a bump on a log and don't respond... ;) ) You can tell them you are calling to be sure that they have their new stuff "out of the boxes" and in use!
Great script Kelly, I will have to borrow that! THanks! You make it sound very genuine and it's truely a customer care call! Which is what I intend to do at first.. until I get comforatable make calls regularly!

OK here's my 2 cents :) . My cluster calls me the CCC guru.

At my shows I let folks know that I will be calling them to make "out of the box" calls (at which point they look at me funny). I tell them I'll be calling them out of the blue to check to see if their products are out of the box yet (which gets a laugh). Now they're expecting me to call and if I don't, I look like a heel (or a bad consultant who doesn't do what she says she's going to do).

For those shows that I forget to say that to, I just say I'm calling to be sure they're happy with their purchase.

First thing and most important: This is not about YOU. This is about your customer and making sure they're happy with the products (hence, they're happy with you). If they're chatty, you can ask if you can let them know about the specials, add to your e-mail list, book a show, etc.

I have found that most people are delighted to hear from me and tell me how much they love their products. Most don't order or book, and some are even downright cranky. Try not to let that spoil it for you, for most will be glad you called.

Keep that smile in your voice and keep it about them! Go get 'em!

Great Advice Kristen! You all keep them comin! I love to hear inspirational and motivating words like this! It makes me want to pick up the phone and call ! :)

I need to get on the phones myself. I have not made very many since the new year. I have called my "future bookings" list but not made out of the box calls. I have a file folder with them all in there. I find that when I am off on Friday others are at work and at night when I get home from work and after I cook and clean up the kitchen, I am not in the mood to make calls. I want to spend time with my family.

I am going to MAKE myself make some calls this weekend! That is my goal for the weekend with PC! And to have a great show Sat morning!

heat123 said:
So although it's HARD especially at the beginning, it does get a little easier with each call I think! Using that 100 NOs helps too, checking off the list trying to get it fully checked off but then actually getting a positive result is even better!

OK I have the phone phobia too!!!! WHAT IS THE 100 NO"S???? Does anyone have a copy of it???

Also Kelly, LOVE the "Are they out of the box yet????"

I am going to do 25 calls TODAY, my only 2 March Shows cancelled so I have got to fix that immediately. March is my 1 year anniversary of my 1st Show so I will start there....

100 NOsIt's a box of 100 NOs that you try and check off before getting to a Yes! It just helps you get through calls easier so you don't feel depressed while making your calls and you get NOs all the time ;). Here's the att. but you can also find them in the files section!

Attachments

• 100 NOs.doc
    38 KB · Views: 451
I made OOB calls tonight from two shows and got an April booking from a guest that did not book while at the shows! I went through several with leaving a message or not interest in needing anything further and then got this one. That always makes me feel better about making the calls, ha!

I cannot tell you how validating this topic is for me.

It is difficult to get on that phone - it really is out of my comfort zone.

I just took the Customer Care teleclass yesterday and it was great!!! Might want to check it out.

Thank you so much for this thread. I really need to pick up the phone this week.

Try to change the way you think. Remember our policies. The customer has 30 days to return something that they don't like and PC will pay for shipping. As a customer how would you feel if you had something that wasn't exactly what you had hoped it would be and your consultant called to see how you were doing with it, and then told you it could be exchanged!!! Now, how would you feel if she hadn't called, you'd feel stuck with something. I never want my customers to feel stuck with something!
Customer Care Calls are calls to take care of your customers, and if you believe in customer service the way we all claim to, there is no reason not to do them. I have been in sales my entire life, and one of the first things a very wise lady told me in the begining of my career, is stop thinking about what you are getting out of it, and think about what your customer is getting. If you take good care of your customers, they will take good care of you!! If I call and they still haven't taken it out of the box, I remind them to do so, and that I will be calling back to make sure they are happy with their purchase. I don't ask them to do anything else, but at the end I always ask if they want me to keep them up to date with happenings. Or if they want me to put them on my e-newsletter. How do you feel when you run into one of your customers and they tell you about going to someone else's show and what they bought. To yourself, you're like, "but you are my customer!" Well??? Are they???
Just trying to tweak your thinking!
dja

dja~
What an awesome and eye opening way to put it! I'm finally getting out of feeling like I'm being pushy everytime that I pick up the phone or mention PC to someone I bump into. I have been putting the focus back on helping my customers and hosts and have felt so much more natural and like 'me' having this attitude. It truly shows through when you enjoy what you do...:sing:

Related to Customer Care Calls - I Need a Good Reason to Do Them!

What are customer care calls?

Customer care calls are phone calls made by representatives of Pampered Chef to their customers in order to check in on their satisfaction with products, address any concerns or issues, and gather feedback for improvement.

Why should I do customer care calls?

Customer care calls are important for maintaining a strong relationship with customers and ensuring their satisfaction. It also allows for valuable feedback and insights to improve products and services.

How often should I do customer care calls?

The frequency of customer care calls can vary depending on the individual representative and the needs of their customers. It is recommended to do them at least once every few months to stay connected with customers.

What should I say during a customer care call?

The main goal of a customer care call is to check in on the customer's satisfaction and gather feedback. Be friendly, listen attentively, and ask open-ended questions to encourage the customer to share their thoughts and experiences.

What should I do if a customer has a complaint during a customer care call?

If a customer has a complaint during a customer care call, listen to their concerns and offer solutions or escalate the issue to a supervisor if needed. It is important to address complaints promptly and professionally to maintain a positive relationship with the customer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dkitten13
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • KCPChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • PamperedK