• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Nervousness in Customer Care Calls | Helpful Tips & Strategies

In summary, Melinda recommends purchasing consumables from a DS consultant by asking if it is a good time to talk, rather than bugging them. She also recommends taking the online training courses on customer care.
SandiLeigh
Help,
I am so nervous about making these customer care calls. I think I am freaking myself out way too much.

I know I need to do this to make my business work, but I just feel like I am bugging people.

How do I get over this?

After you introduce yourself, ask them if you have caught them at a good time. They can say yes or no...if they say yes, they are giving you permission to talk to them and therefore you are not bugging them!

If they say no, ask when would be a better time to reach them. Take note and call them back at that time!

Don't worry--it gets easier as you make more calls, I promise!

And most people are very appreciative that you took the time to find out if they like their products - trust me - most home based businesses don't do customer care calls - I've yet to ever have another business consultant call me to check about my order (and I've ordered from plenty of shows)- This way you definitely stand out as someone who cares.

Gina M said:
And most people are very appreciative that you took the time to find out if they like their products - trust me - most home based businesses don't do customer care calls - I've yet to ever have another business consultant call me to check about my order (and I've ordered from plenty of shows)- This way you definitely stand out as someone who cares.

I totally agree with you! I have never had a customer upset with me for checking on how their products are working out for them. I also have built relationships with them so they will call me for any of their needs.

Take the online training course on customer care. I think all of these online training courses are great!
Melinda

Gina M said:

That is so true!

I have purchased consumables from many DS consultants (skin care, food, candles, etc.....) and never had any of them call to see how I like it - or if I need to reorder. Some of them, if they would call - I would reorder. Instead, I just wait for the next party, or booth, to pick up what I need.

ChefBeckyD said:
That is so true!

I have purchased consumables from many DS consultants (skin care, food, candles, etc.....) and never had any of them call to see how I like it - or if I need to reorder. Some of them, if they would call - I would reorder. Instead, I just wait for the next party, or booth, to pick up what I need.

Just think of the extra business people could pick up by just calling to check on products!

One way to start would be to call a friend or family member who has ordered. Tell them that you are going to call them right back and do a customer care call on them - it is easier when you start with someone you know. Then just DO it. I had a hard time getting motivated to do my first ones too. After the first call (to my mom's neighbor) it wasn't that hard. I wondered why I had been so worried.

I agree, ask if it is a good time that way you know you didn't get them when they were running out the door - just chat like it was a friend and you are checking to see if they are enjoying their purchase.

I find that the first call of the evening is the hardest. After that, they get easier. Seriously. Every night I have to make myself pick up that phone.

raebates said:
I find that the first call of the evening is the hardest. After that, they get easier. Seriously. Every night I have to make myself pick up that phone.

SO TRUE!!!!

I feel exactly like Gina does. If I had a call from the candle person, or whatever, I would reorder. We can stand out from others with a "Service" attitude. We only stand out when we do it. It takes that first call to feel comfortable. Think in your mind that you are really calling to see how you can help them. People appreciate this.

What are some tips for staying calm and confident during customer care calls?

1. Take deep breaths: Before making a call, take a few deep breaths to calm your nerves and relax your body.

2. Prepare beforehand: Make sure you have all the necessary information and tools before making the call. This will help you feel more confident and prepared.

3. Listen actively: Pay attention to what the customer is saying and don't interrupt. This will help you stay focused and show the customer that you care about their concerns.

4. Use positive language: Instead of saying "I don't know", try saying "Let me find out for you". This will help you sound more confident and reassuring to the customer.

5. Practice empathy: Put yourself in the customer's shoes and try to understand their perspective. This will help you communicate more effectively and build a better connection with the customer.

How can I handle difficult or angry customers during a call?

1. Stay calm: It's important to remain calm and not get defensive when dealing with difficult customers. Take a deep breath and try to stay composed.

2. Listen actively: Let the customer express their concerns without interrupting. This will help them feel heard and may diffuse the situation.

3. Apologize sincerely: Even if the issue was not your fault, apologize for any inconvenience the customer has experienced. This shows that you care about their satisfaction.

4. Offer solutions: Instead of making excuses, try to find a solution that will satisfy the customer. This will show that you are willing to help and find a resolution.

5. Know when to escalate: If the situation becomes too heated or you are unable to find a solution, it's important to know when to escalate the call to a supervisor or manager for further assistance.

How can I build rapport and personalize the call with the customer?

1. Use the customer's name: Addressing the customer by their name can help personalize the call and build a connection.

2. Show genuine interest: Ask the customer about their day or any upcoming events they may have mentioned. This shows that you care about them as an individual.

3. Use a friendly tone: Use a warm and friendly tone throughout the call to make the customer feel comfortable and at ease.

4. Share personal experiences: If appropriate, share a personal experience that may relate to the customer's situation. This can help build trust and understanding.

5. Follow up: After the call, follow up with the customer via email or phone to check on their satisfaction and continue building the relationship.

How can I improve my communication skills during customer care calls?

1. Practice active listening: Pay attention to what the customer is saying and summarize their concerns to ensure you understand them correctly.

2. Use positive language: Instead of saying "I can't", try saying "Let me see what I can do". This will help you sound more positive and proactive.

3. Be concise: Avoid using too much technical jargon or going off on tangents. Be clear and concise in your communication to avoid confusion.

4. Use a friendly tone: A friendly and positive tone can go a long way in making the customer feel comfortable and valued.

5. Seek feedback: After the call, ask the customer for feedback on how you communicated and if there are any areas for improvement. This will help you continue to improve your skills.

What are some common mistakes to avoid during customer care calls?

1. Interrupting the customer: It's important to let the customer speak and express their concerns without interrupting.

2. Being defensive: Instead of making excuses, try to understand the customer's perspective and find a solution.

3. Not apologizing: Even if the issue was not your fault, apologizing for any inconvenience can go a long way in diffusing the situation.

4. Using negative language: Avoid using negative language or phrases such as "I can't" or "That's not possible". Instead, try to find a solution or offer alternatives.

5. Not following up: It's important to follow up with the customer after the call to ensure their satisfaction and continue building the relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • dkitten13
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • pampered2007