• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

.Com or .Biz/... for Wedding Registry

In summary, Bobby and Lisa are trying to decide which website to use for their wedding registry. PC or Pampered Chef? PC
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
Has anyone else simply put on the wedding registry cards to go to pamperedchef.com and click on "wedding registry" to find the bride or groom? I'm just wondering if it might be more confusing to customers to do the longer .biz PWS addresses. I'm thinking the main site might make it easier to remember for people who don't have the little card right in front of them.

Any thoughts/ideas/experience with trying both? My husband and I both teach at the local college and I'd like to make a decision on this before the new school year starts. TIA!

I would direct them to YOUR site. If they go through the PC main site they may be assigned to someone else and you may not get the registry and you would not want that to happen.

I should have explained better. I meant for those brides who have already registered with PC under my PWS. If they're already in the system and I give them their cards to stick in their wedding invitations/announcements, then it shouldn't matter if their registry is found through the main site or the PWS, right?

That's correct. As long as the registry was set up with your consultant ID (and you haven't gone inactive in the meantime), you'll get all the sales credit. So it doesn't really matter. BUT- I'd use .biz because people who like what they see could bookmark it and possibly become repeat customers.

chefann said:
That's correct. As long as the registry was set up with your consultant ID (and you haven't gone inactive in the meantime), you'll get all the sales credit. So it doesn't really matter. BUT- I'd use .biz because people who like what they see could bookmark it and possibly become repeat customers.

Thanks, Ann. Good thought on return customers--hmmm. I sure wish that once they found the correct registrant that it took them into my site. But it doesn't.

At this point, I suppose I'm more concerned about getting people to come to their online registry to begin with. It's much easier for people to remember target.com, walmart.com, dillards.com, sears.com, etc. So if the bride lists three registries, I certainly want mine to be easy to remember. Thinking back--I have no doubt that if a friend of mine were to have gotten married 15 years years ago (before I became a consultant) and I went to shop for them online, I would have gone for the easiest one to remember off the top of my head so that I didn't have to look at the URL name to type it in while I was on break at work. Heehee!

Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm. Well, I suppose I could list the biz address on the cards and then point out to my brides that people can find her registry through our main website, as well, so that if they lose the card listing the .biz site they can just type in pamperedchef.com and still find it. That will simply things a bit for those who don't carry the card around with them.

If they go to the bridal registry, it will ask them if they also want to place a personal order. If they do, it will credit the registry and you will get the commision. After they place an order you can send them a thank you note offering customer care for possible refunds and future orders. You can keep the customer if you do follow ups. Good luck!

Bobby

Related to .Com or .Biz/... for Wedding Registry

1. What is the difference between registering for a wedding on .com or .biz?

The main difference between registering for a wedding on .com or .biz is the type of products that are available. .Com is the main website for Pampered Chef and offers a variety of kitchen and cooking products. .Biz is specifically designed for small business owners and offers a selection of products that are more focused on running a business from home.

2. Can I register for both .com and .biz for my wedding?

Yes, you can register for both .com and .biz for your wedding. This allows you to have a wider selection of products to choose from and gives your guests more options when purchasing gifts for you.

3. Are there any specific products that are only available on .com or .biz?

Yes, there are some products that are only available on .com or .biz. .Com offers a larger variety of cooking and kitchen products, while .Biz offers products specifically geared towards small business owners such as organizational tools and marketing materials.

4. Is there a difference in the registry process for .com or .biz?

No, the registry process is the same for both .com and .biz. You can easily create a registry and add or remove items as needed on either website. Your guests can also access your registry and make purchases on either website.

5. Can I transfer items from my .com registry to my .biz registry or vice versa?

Unfortunately, at this time, it is not possible to transfer items from your .com registry to your .biz registry or vice versa. We recommend creating separate registries for each website to ensure that your guests are able to purchase the items you want.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • amerrigan