• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog or Cooking Shows: Pros and Cons for Potential Hosts"

In summary, Becky and Sheila think that hosting a cooking or catalog show is a better option than the other. The only difference is that the hostess of a cooking show gets people to come to the show and the host of a catalog show has to sell the products.
KimoMakano
Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone has seen or created a brief letter explaining the differences between hosting a cooking or catalog show.

I would like to be able to present the pros/cons of each to potential hosts so they can decide for themselves.

Thanks.

I just use the grid that is in the catalog with the benefits of each. If someone is waffling between the two, I remind them that my catalog show avg. is around $300, and my cooking show avg. is more than double that - so the rewards are much more with a cooking show. :)

Thanks Becky

The only difference in benefits is the $15 for buying groceries on a Cooking Show. Everything else is the same at every level. But Becky's right. People who see/touch the tools usually buy more than people looking at catalogs. Cooking Show sales are generally higher. If the host really wants to maximize their host benefits and get more for free & at a discount off their PC Wish List, the Cooking Show is their best option.

I have some pretty high catalog shows....well over $1000....but...that isn't the case every time. With catalog shows, the hostess really has to work at getting the orders. She/he has to be a go getter and want to make it work.
With a cooking show, the hostess gets the people there but it is up to us to sell the products. And I think cooking shows are more fun :D plus they get to see the products in action instead of just looking at a catalog. And Sheila and Becky are right.....cooking shows usually generate more sales.

I would add that when I had a host switch from catalog to cooking ... she said it was harder than I thought. I said a lot of people host catalog shows because they think they'll be easier but having your house open one time is easier than taking the book with you everywhere you go.

I talk most of my hosts out of catalogs shows into cooking shows because it's a lot LESS work on them to do cooking shows. They just give me a list of people to invite and I do the rest (except for the reminder call). If they do a catalog party, they have to gather all the orders and the money.

I'd rather do cooking shows myself, catalog shows are simply gravy on top of our cooking shows

I recently moved (God love the army. . .), and need to tap in to my past hosts to hopefully do some catalog shows while I try to build my business in my new area. Does anyone have an email about inviting people to host catalog shows? I haven't had any successful catalog shows in the past and don't really know what to say to my hosts.Thanks.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show allows you to earn free and discounted products without having to host an in-home cooking demonstration. You can also earn host rewards based on the total sales from your show. Catalog shows are also a great way to share Pampered Chef products with friends and family who live far away.

What are the benefits of hosting an in-home cooking show?

An in-home cooking show allows you to see and try out Pampered Chef products in action. You can ask questions, learn new recipes, and get hands-on experience with the products. As a host, you can also earn free and discounted products and host rewards based on the total sales from your show.

What are the cons of hosting a catalog show?

One downside of hosting a catalog show is that you do not get to see or try the products in person before purchasing. You also do not get the same opportunity to ask questions or learn new recipes as you would at an in-home cooking show.

What are the cons of hosting an in-home cooking show?

An in-home cooking show requires more time and effort to plan and host compared to a catalog show. You may also need to provide some food and supplies for the demonstration, which can add to the cost. Additionally, if you do not have a large network of friends and family to invite, it may be more difficult to reach the minimum sales requirement for host rewards.

Can I host both a catalog and in-home cooking show?

Yes, you can host both types of shows. This is a great option for those who want to earn more free products and host rewards. You can start with a catalog show and then follow up with an in-home cooking show to further showcase the products and recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stephanieboyd
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
stephanieboyd
  • csulier
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sarahsworld2000
  • winklermom