• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Entering a Catalog Show for Deployment Incentive

In summary, the person is looking for ideas on how to have a catalog show while her husband is on leave before he deploys to Iraq. They discuss the benefits of having a cooking show and the importance of actually cooking for guests in order to earn those benefits. They also mention the possibility of doing a quick demo with items already in the host's kitchen. There is a disagreement about marking a catalog show as a cooking show without actually cooking for anyone.
abrahamlaur
I was wondering if anyone knew if I can enter a catalog show as a cooking show to give my hosts extra incentive to have a catalog show for me while my husband is on leave before he deploys to Iraq and then for the month he leaves for Iraq ... I dont want to hold alot of cooking shows during June and July for that reason because I dont know the dates of his leave or when he is leaving yet ... any ideas?

A cooking show includes a demo. When I have a catalog show of $500 or more I might suggest to the host that she invite some people over (even just 1 or 2 count) so I can demo a few items and she can get the extra benefits. Often if he takes me up on that she gets even a better show!

I have had cooking shows that didn't make the minimum because the host didn't invite (you just can't host coach some people) and I have had catalog shows over $800 so you never know.

Do some kind of quick demo - a cooking show can happen with a day's notice and no prep. If she doesn't want to invite people to her house, invite her to yours and tell her to bring some friends with her.

That would be great Beth, but I just dont know when we have leave (probably wont find out until right before) and I dont know when my husband is leaving for Iraq. I need to do catalog shows so I can spend as much time with him as possible before he leaves for 15+ months. I would hate to be spending most of my time doing shows and miss out on our last month together you know?

I totally understand!

Thank him for me! I so admire our men in uniform for all they do for all of us!!!

You can mark the catalog show as a cooking show before you submit the order so your host can get the extra benefits.

I agree with Beth 100%.... PC "pays" the host for having us in their homes and providing the FOOD..... I have been at friends homes and they want to purchase - let's say $150.00 in product - I have her call up the neighbor and have her hubby present and I demo something!! Most people have some type of food in their frig or pantry that I can work with. Lemon, cucumber, carrots and potatoes work fine. Packaged bisquits work great!!

I do not think it is fair for our fantastic company to give something to somone that did not earn it :confused:

They encourage us to have host have an in home show - why? We sell more product, get more bookings, have personal contact with guests and have a opportunity to share the business in a personal manner.

Some people just prefer to do a catalog show and that is fine; however, it is just not right to turn it in as a cooking show if you did not COOK for anyone. To me that is stealing from the company :mad:. We have a fantastic host program and if we are inclined to offer our hosts and extra $15.00 in FREE product, I suggest we add it to our hosts order and PAY for it ourselves!!

Yes -- "YOU" -- can mark it as a cooking show, but it is just not right in my humble opinion. AND if that host were to sign with the company, she would find out that what we did was wrong as well. Not a great start as a recruiter.

OK -- OK -- I'll stop. Work hard on those catalog shows :)

My .02

PCGINA said:
I agree with Beth 100%.... PC "pays" the host for having us in their homes and providing the FOOD..... I have been at friends homes and they want to purchase - let's say $150.00 in product - I have her call up the neighbor and have her hubby present and I demo something!! Most people have some type of food in their frig or pantry that I can work with. Lemon, cucumber, carrots and potatoes work fine. Packaged bisquits work great!!

I do not think it is fair for our fantastic company to give something to somone that did not earn it :confused:

They encourage us to have host have an in home show - why? We sell more product, get more bookings, have personal contact with guests and have a opportunity to share the business in a personal manner.

Some people just prefer to do a catalog show and that is fine; however, it is just not right to turn it in as a cooking show if you did not COOK for anyone. To me that is stealing from the company :mad:. We have a fantastic host program and if we are inclined to offer our hosts and extra $15.00 in FREE product, I suggest we add it to our hosts order and PAY for it ourselves!!

Yes -- "YOU" -- can mark it as a cooking show, but it is just not right in my humble opinion. AND if that host were to sign with the company, she would find out that what we did was wrong as well. Not a great start as a recruiter.

OK -- OK -- I'll stop. Work hard on those catalog shows :)

My .02

Very well said Gina.
I do this when I have good big-spending customers call me & wanna place a $200+ order. I will stop by with my kids in tow...ask her to call a neighbor or two over...show them the newest stuff in the catty -- takes about 15 minutes, literally - and not only do they end up spending mor ethan the originally anticipated $200, but I can now legitimately and comfortably input it as a cooking show.

Thanks ladies ... do you have any suggestions or incentives to encourage people to have a catalog show for me during those months? I need to get those booked and dont really know how to encourage them to do that. Thanks for your input!

abrahamlaur said:
Thanks ladies ... do you have any suggestions or incentives to encourage people to have a catalog show for me during those months? I need to get those booked and dont really know how to encourage them to do that. Thanks for your input!
I would offer the host of current catalog shows her show discount at any show booked off of hers or some other gift/incentive (that will encourage her to partner with you to get more bookings).

How that works: If she earned a 25% discount at her show and then ordered $25 at her friend's show that was booked off of hers she would get 10% from PC and you would pay the other 15% out of the commission you earn on her order (minimum commission is 20%) and put it in as a consultant gift so it is also tax deductable.

I have offered this often and they love it!

GREAT idea Beth !!

1. What is a Catalog Show Deployment Incentive?

A Catalog Show Deployment Incentive is a program offered by Pampered Chef that rewards consultants for hosting successful catalog shows. This incentive allows consultants to earn free products and other rewards by reaching certain sales goals.

2. How do I enter a Catalog Show for Deployment Incentive?

To enter a Catalog Show for Deployment Incentive, you will need to log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Incentives" tab. From there, you can click on the "Enter Incentive" button and follow the prompts to enter your show. You must enter the show within 7 days of the show closing date.

3. What are the requirements for a successful Catalog Show?

A successful Catalog Show is one that reaches a minimum of $150 in sales. In addition, the show must have at least 3 unique customers and one order must be placed online. If these requirements are met, your show will be considered successful and you will be eligible for the Deployment Incentive rewards.

4. What are the rewards for participating in the Catalog Show Deployment Incentive?

The rewards for participating in the Catalog Show Deployment Incentive vary depending on the sales level reached. For example, if your show reaches $500 in sales, you will earn a free product valued at $25 or less. If your show reaches $1000 in sales, you will earn a free product valued at $50 or less, and so on. You can view the full list of rewards on the Incentives page of your Pampered Chef account.

5. When will I receive my Catalog Show Deployment Incentive rewards?

Your Catalog Show Deployment Incentive rewards will be shipped to you within 2-4 weeks after the show closes, as long as all requirements have been met. If there are any delays in receiving your rewards, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • its_me_susan