• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Go to Conference This Year: Working in an Opthomologist's Office

In summary, April is pregnant and wants to go to a conference this year, but can't because her boss won't let her go and her husband doesn't care.
apriljc
I wanted to go to conference this year but found out last week that I can't. I work at a opthomologists office and there are six of us that work up in the front end. I was going to put in for vacation for that week but another girl who works part time already put in for that week. I tried talking to my boss but she only will let one person be gone at one time. That just really stinks. My boss has other issuus and doesn't treat everyboody the same. I told my husband and he just said sorry but not in a caring tone. I really wanted to go this year but maybe in 2008.

April, is making PC a full-time thing a possibility, or even something you want? Also, you might want to see if you can attend another conference. Call HO and see if it is a possibility.

Bummer- I really want to go to, especially if I make director in March... but I will have a newborn.

Gill - there is a nursing mothers room and I saw a gal with a 3 month old at Leadership. Rooming would be a bit difficult unless you had very supportive roommates! Don't give up if it is something you want to do! Would your baby be old enough for you to leave him/her with hubby and a few days worth of pumped milk? I don't have kids yet, so I'm not sure about things like that...and would hubby go for it?

I would love to make PC my full time job but not at this time in my life I can't. I would love to quit my FT job and tell my boss some things she could do differently to make people happier there. Gillian I can't remember when you are due?

There is a sister consultant in my cluster who is a huge inspiration to me. She is close to retirement age and is the sole provider in her house - her hubby has medical issues. Anyhoo, she lives in Walawa (sp?) Oregon, a VERY small town and drives 4 hours EACH WAY to our cluster meetings every month. Who wouldn't for a NED?!? So, when we met at my first cluster meeting in October of 05 she was talking about looking at quitting her full time job and doing PC full time. However, she couldn't do it all at once. She was a FD and desperately wanted to earn the cruise, too. She earned it in December (woohoo for her) and was able to go to half-time at work in March. At the begining of the summer in 06 she was able to quit her job because she had replaced her income and more with PC. She also promoted to Director in that time and walked at National. Now, if she can do it in the middle of nowhere, I know that most other people can do it, too. She was holding 6-12 shows a month, more catalog shows, and recruiting about 2 each month. I'm not saying you have to do that, April, but know that it can be done.

Related to Can't Go to Conference This Year: Working in an Opthomologist's Office

1. How can I participate in conference events if I can't attend in person?

There are many ways to participate in conference events remotely. You can watch live streams of keynotes and workshops, participate in virtual networking events, and join online forums and discussions. You can also follow conference updates and highlights on social media.

2. Will I still receive conference materials and swag if I can't go?

No, unfortunately conference materials and swag are only distributed to attendees who are physically present at the conference. However, some materials may be available for purchase after the conference on our website.

3. Can I transfer my conference registration to someone else?

Yes, you can transfer your registration to another person. However, there may be a fee for processing the transfer. Please contact our customer service team for more information.

4. Are there any virtual training opportunities available for those who can't attend in person?

Yes, we offer various virtual training opportunities throughout the year. These may include webinars, online courses, and virtual workshops. Keep an eye on our website and social media for updates on upcoming virtual training opportunities.

5. Will there be a recording of the conference available for those who can't attend?

While we do not typically offer recordings of the conference, some of the keynote speeches and workshops may be available for purchase on our website after the conference. Please check our website for updates on available recordings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva