• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Show Off Pampered Chef at the Office - Disappointment!

In summary, the employee was disappointed because they planned to do a mini-show in the break room but their boss told them not to do it. They are going to do a girls' lunch out instead.
Aun
Gold Member
I'm doing a catalog show this month and I had planned to put out some catalogs in my break room at work and bring in some food for lunch one day. I've only been at this job a few months and a lot of people here have never heard of PC, so I was really excited about showing it to them. I just talked to my boss though and he said that "selling" at the office (even in free time areas, like the break room) is something that he would prefer we not do. I'm sure I'll still be able to have a decent show, but I'm just so disappointed! :(

Bummer...sorry :(

I'd still bring in food. Put a card with the recipe name by it & make sure you write Pampered Chef on it somewhere. Maybe even put "compliments of" & your name on the cards. Serve it on PC Simple Additions or Woven pieces, stones & then people will be able to come to you about it. That's when you can mention-hey, I'm having a catalog show & offer a catalog. They came to you, right? So technically it's not "selling" like leaving catalogs for everyone??? Might be a loophole for you???

Do you go out to lunch with your co-workers? Maybe you could pass out the catalog then. Or do you ever spend time with them AFTER work? I know you probably don't see ALL of them outside the office, but maybe you can at least expose some of them to it that way. Just a thought...:D

Maybe you could leave them on their cars after work so it wouldn't even be IN the workplace. Or...invite them to a show at your house. You can hand out invitations before or after work and talk with people about it then or call them to follow up.

things are looking up....I think things are going to be ok. One of the ladies in the office had specifically requested a catalog whenever I did a show, so I took her one. She knew about me not being able to put one in the break room (and was highly offended on my behalf, she said they pass around Avon, Girl Scout cookie order forms, etc. all the time on that side of the office) and so she has made sure everyone over there has seen the catalog on her desk and knows that they can look at it (I work with some wonderful women!!). I've had 2 other people come to me and tell me they are so disappointed that I can't do the "mini-show" I had planned. Anyway, towards the end of the month, I will probably will bring in a couple of things and stick them in the fridge and just tell everyone to help themselves, not making a big deal about it. I won't do it right now though because I don't want my boss to think that I am disobeying him in any way, so I'll hold off for a couple weeks. We also have a "girls' lunch out" planned for next Friday, so I'll definitely take a catalog then.

Thanks for all the support guys!! I'm feeling a little better now!:)

Related to Can't Show Off Pampered Chef at the Office - Disappointment!

1. Why can't I bring my Pampered Chef products to the office to show off?

Unfortunately, due to company policies and regulations, bringing outside products to the office is not allowed. This includes Pampered Chef products. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

2. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products at work?

Yes, you can definitely still use your Pampered Chef products at work for your own personal use. However, please refrain from bringing them to the office to show off or sell to coworkers.

3. Are there any exceptions to the "no outside products" policy at the office?

Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to this policy. It applies to all outside products, including Pampered Chef. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef party at the office?

While we appreciate your enthusiasm and support for Pampered Chef, hosting a party at the office is not allowed. However, you are more than welcome to host a party at your own home or invite coworkers to a party at a neutral location.

5. Can I still talk about Pampered Chef with my coworkers?

Of course! We encourage you to share your love for Pampered Chef with your coworkers through conversations and social media. However, please remember to respect the company policies and refrain from bringing products to the office.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jules711
Replies
Views
apriljc