• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing Food to the Office: A Catalog or Cooking Show?

In summary, as long as you have food and are demonstrating the use of PC products, you can submit it as a cooking show.
apriljc
I wasn't sure where I could put this but here it goes. I have a host who took some catalogs to her work and after I get all of her orders I am planning on bringing some food to her work. Do I have to submitt this as a catalog show or can I put it in as a cooking show since I am bringing in some food and some of the gals already have ordered from me before and have some of the tools. What can I do?

In my opinion this qualfies as a demo. Go ahead and submit it as a cooking show, your demonstrating the results of using the products by bringing in the food.

Thanks Darcy. I was thinking the same thing but I wanted to make sure I could do this.

Anytime you provide a dish....well, yeah, I would say you are demoing the products, right? If you take a few things with you and show them how to use them, I'd say it sounds like a demo. Hmmm...close call there.

Darcy, watch the link in your signature...it's a no-no!:D

Last edited:
OhmyDLM said:
In my opinion this qualfies as a demo. Go ahead and submit it as a cooking show, your demonstrating the results of using the products by bringing in the food.
Darcy,

We are not allowed to put our websites in our signatures per PC rules. Thought you should know.

From my understanding, as long as there is food there, it can be considered a "cooking show".

My understanding is the same. As long as you have food and answer questions, I'd consider it a show.

There have been whole threads discussing doing a "no-demo" show....and when people do that, they count them as Cooking shows...aren't you basically doing the same thing? Maybe when you take in the food, hang around for 15 minutes to answer any questions people may have about product - I think that should cover it!;)

Take your tools and stuff with you to serve/dish out the food. Show them how to use them like the pie gate, the pizza cutter, the lift and serve, SA, etc. etc. Show them how PC products are superior by using it right there. You're demoing the products that way and not just a caterer.

apriljc said:
I wasn't sure where I could put this but here it goes. I have a host who took some catalogs to her work and after I get all of her orders I am planning on bringing some food to her work. Do I have to submitt this as a catalog show or can I put it in as a cooking show since I am bringing in some food and some of the gals already have ordered from me before and have some of the tools. What can I do?
This is all pretty much on the honor system. Do what your conscience tells you to do.

Thanks everyone. KG, sometimes I do listen to my conscious and it gets me into trouble. I thought I would be on the safe side and ask other cheffers.

Related to Bringing Food to the Office: A Catalog or Cooking Show?

1. How can I easily transport my food to the office?

We offer a variety of products that are perfect for transporting your food to the office, such as insulated totes, thermal containers, and casserole carriers. These products will keep your food at the perfect temperature until it's time to eat.

2. Can I use my Pampered Chef products to cook food for my office?

Yes, our products are designed to be versatile and can be used for both cooking and serving. From our stoneware to our cookware, you can easily whip up delicious dishes for your colleagues.

3. Are there any recipes specifically for office potlucks or parties?

Absolutely! Our catalog and cooking show feature a variety of recipes that are perfect for office events. From easy appetizers to hearty casseroles, you'll find something that will impress your coworkers.

4. How can I make sure my food stays warm during a long meeting?

Our thermal containers and insulated totes are perfect for keeping your food warm for hours. Simply preheat the container with hot water before adding your hot dish, and it will stay warm until it's time to eat.

5. Can I get discounts for ordering multiple products for my office?

Yes, we offer special discounts for bulk orders. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to place a bulk order for your office.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Aun
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224