• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Party Menu Ideas: Appetizers, Desserts, and More with PC Products

In summary, the conversation is about a person planning to use their Pampered Chef products at a Christmas party at their church. They are considering preparing a pork loin at the party and using it as an opportunity to showcase their products, but want to know if it would be seen as pushy or tacky. Others in the conversation reassure them that it is a great idea and that they often use their Pampered Chef products at church events. They also suggest making a list of interested people and following up with them the next day. Overall, everyone agrees that using Pampered Chef products at church events is a natural and appropriate way to showcase and share them with others.
winklermom
We're having a Christmas party for the adults at our church. We'll be in the kitchen/fellowship hall for the party and everyone is bringing appetizer foods/desserts and I've thought about taking my DCB and a few other things to cook a pork loin there and serve the mini pork sandwiches with the BBQ sauce made from the Smoky BBQ rub. I also plan to do some type of trifle ahead of time. Do y'all think it would be tacky for me to take some of my PC products...what I'll need to make/cut/serve the pork loin...and prepare it there? I won't actually be doing a "demo" but if anyone asks, I'll be available to answer questions and also have catalogs if anyone wants to look through them. Would you do something like this? Your opinions/suggestions are welcomed.

I always take dishes to church in my pc products. I wouldn't necessarily take catalogs ready to hand out and take orders, but I would be prepared to make a list of people to follow up with the next day. That way it doesn't seem completely contrived or pushy. And I would DEFINITELY follow up with anyone who asks the very next day.

beckyjsmith said:
I always take dishes to church in my pc products. I wouldn't necessarily take catalogs ready to hand out and take orders, but I would be prepared to make a list of people to follow up with the next day. That way it doesn't seem completely contrived or pushy. And I would DEFINITELY follow up with anyone who asks the very next day.

What about preparing it there? The pork tenderloin takes about 15-20 minutes to cook in the DCB, so I could arrive a few minutes early to get it started. And there's always a few who show up late so we don't normally begin eating right at the "start" time anyway.

I think that's a great idea and not tacky at all. I always use my PC stuff for "work" events and everyone probably knows you sell PC, so why shouldn't you use it.

I think it would be a great idea as well!

winklermom said:
What about preparing it there? The pork tenderloin takes about 15-20 minutes to cook in the DCB, so I could arrive a few minutes early to get it started. And there's always a few who show up late so we don't normally begin eating right at the "start" time anyway.

Oh I would prepare it in a heartbeat there. Pretty much everyone at my church is now the proud owner of a magic pot, and you see people using them every Wed. night for Bible study meals.

it would be no different than taking a Rachael Ray cookware piece or Tupperware container...it is what you have in your kitchen. Definitely use it!!

Definitely use it. And I see no problem with doing it there so it will still be warm. I take PC recipes and products to gatherings all the time. But I don't carry in a catalog tote. I have one in my car all the time. If they ask, I'll go get it, but I don't allow another person's event or a group's event to turn into a personal Cooking Show. ;)

If I were eating the stuff, I would PREFER you make it there! fresh is always better!

Alrighty, I guess the majority rules! Thanks, everyone, for your input! Hopefully I can book a show or two or possibly sell enough to make a catalog show!

I pretty much always us PC stuff when I do anything at church. After all, that's what I've got in my kitchen. I've assembled things at church because that was the best way to make sure it tasted its best. Unless you're planning to do a demo as you're making it, I can't imagine that anyone would consider it tacky. I am completely comfortable answering questions about PC at church. I don't "sell" at church, but answering questions is a very different thing.

1. Would it be tacky to re-gift a Pampered Chef product?

No, it is not tacky to re-gift a Pampered Chef product as long as the product is still in its original packaging and has not been used. Our products make great gifts and we encourage sharing them with loved ones.

2. Is it tacky to bring Pampered Chef products to a potluck or party?

No, it is not tacky to bring Pampered Chef products to a potluck or party. In fact, our products are perfect for sharing and bringing to events. Just be sure to let the host know if you plan on using the products for the event.

3. Would it be considered tacky to use Pampered Chef products at a formal dinner party?

No, it is not tacky to use Pampered Chef products at a formal dinner party. Our products are designed to be versatile and suitable for any occasion. Just be sure to pair your products with the appropriate table settings and decor.

4. Is it tacky to host a Pampered Chef party for myself?

No, it is not tacky to host a Pampered Chef party for yourself. In fact, many of our hosts choose to have a party for themselves in order to earn free products and discounts. It can also be a fun and relaxed way to try out new recipes and products.

5. Would it be tacky to ask for Pampered Chef products as a wedding or housewarming gift?

No, it is not tacky to ask for Pampered Chef products as a wedding or housewarming gift. Our products make great gifts for any occasion and can be a practical and useful addition to any home. Just be sure to register for the specific products you want to avoid receiving duplicates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pckristinv
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD