• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Own Office! Sorry... This Got Long!

In summary, the conversation discusses how the speaker is not an organized person and how her husband says she has a flat surface disease. The speaker describes how she has been trying to reform and how her husband fixed the floor and ceiling in her office. The speaker shares that she is excited to have her own office.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Okay... so PC was taking over our whole house... first of all.. I'm NOT an organized person. I can organize and event and have a ball, do a show and have a blast but I'm a piler ... you know... pile here, pile there. My husband says I have a flat surface disease. If I see a flat surface... I have a need to pile stuff (he often uses another more descriptive word there) on that flat surface. He says if he ever gets to build me a new kitchen, all the countertops will be at an angle so that I can work at them but not let anything rest there!!!!!!! SO... I am trying very hard to reform from this sad problem but it's a long recovery let me tell you! So as God has been blessing my business and building a team for me... the piles and boxes and supplies have not found efficient homes and efficiency is my DH's favorite subject. He can't be home if I'm mowing the lawn (he has a side job mowing lawns to pay our kids tuition) because I don't go fast enough and mow effieciently enough. DUH... I'm out there alone and noone can bug me... WHY would I want to go FASTER???????? :) Anyway... we have a little building in our backyard that used to have one room that was our farm office. It had been taken over pretty much for storage and on Tuesday or Wed. DH said to me that we should empty that room out, clean it up, paint and fix the floor and I could have my own office. Now recall that I LOVE an EVENT... so I made this into one! By Friday the junk was cleared out and DH took the day off to fix the rotted places in the ceiling and floor. I felt SO bad because what should have been quick fix up took nearly two days. By the time I got home from my PC Show on Friday night he had installed laminate wood flooring and the room was ready for paint. We did that together yesterday and got all the shelving we had moved back in and I loaded those shelves with plastic containers of all my paper work, catalogs etc. I am SO excited!!!!!! Now I just need to gather all the stacks of show order forms and things that are still on my desk in here and get them out of here. The only thing I'll keep in the house is my planner and my binder with all my info in it for shows and recruits. I computer is of course in the house but I can use DH's laptop out there... the wireless will work out there. I know that you born organized people out there take all this for granted but let me tell you... I am SO EXCITED that I just had to share!!!!!! I would take photos but it's a weird space to get a good shot of... I'll try later though. With our big family, I am so excited to think that I have a place to sit down and meet with someone too! That gives me great incentive to keep it looking gorgeous just like it does right now!!!!!! Sorry this is so long! I guess I'm making up for not being on here much and I'm SO worried about my recruit that sliced her thumb...

That is fun and exciting Diane! Yeah!...and sorry to hear about your recruit - let us know how she is later...

I would love to see pics! Congrats!

Congratulations! I'm a pile-maker, and so is The Furry Guy. It can get a little ugly. Actually, I'm very organized. I can find what I need in a short period of time. I'm also very clean. I'm just not neat. They're very different things.

rolleye0001.gif
SQUIGGLES!
rolleye0001.gif
Yeah, I'm pretty much an advocate of the Pilot system, too. (Pilot it here, pilot over there, oh, let's start a new one and pilot over there!) I'd be happy to have a building big enough to play cars in, let alone my TPC stuff!

raebates said:
Congratulations! I'm a pile-maker, and so is The Furry Guy. It can get a little ugly. Actually, I'm very organized. I can find what I need in a short period of time. I'm also very clean. I'm just not neat. They're very different things.
I may be like you, Rae. I'm very clean, but if I don't have time to really clean something in the way it needs to get clean, I don't do it. Therefore, my kitchen floor is usually quite nasty. I have lots of piles, too. All piles are PC and I have three separate areas of piles. It's bad.

Congrats Diane! I wish I had something like that! Your story about the way you are and the way your husband is, could have been written by me!:rolleyes: ;) We are so opposite! I can pile and pile and he can't stand it!!! He's a box/triangle and I'm a rectangle/squiggle/circle...... you choose, and in reality I think that's the definition of a rectangle, that they can change from day to day!
I'd love to see pictures when you can!:thumbup: :balloon:

quiverfull7 said:
My husband says I have a flat surface disease. If I see a flat surface... I have a need to pile stuff (he often uses another more descriptive word there) on that flat surface.

My hubby would say I have this same disease... and is not pleased about it. I try to work on it but I just never seem to get all the way there!

So happy for you and your new office! Enjoy and would love to see some pictures!

quiverfull7 said:
Okay... so PC was taking over our whole house... first of all.. I'm NOT an organized person. I can organize and event and have a ball, do a show and have a blast but I'm a piler ... you know... pile here, pile there. My husband says I have a flat surface disease. If I see a flat surface... I have a need to pile stuff (he often uses another more descriptive word there) on that flat surface. He says if he ever gets to build me a new kitchen, all the countertops will be at an angle so that I can work at them but not let anything rest there!!!!!!! SO... I am trying very hard to reform from this sad problem but it's a long recovery let me tell you! So as God has been blessing my business and building a team for me... the piles and boxes and supplies have not found efficient homes and efficiency is my DH's favorite subject. He can't be home if I'm mowing the lawn (he has a side job mowing lawns to pay our kids tuition) because I don't go fast enough and mow effieciently enough. DUH... I'm out there alone and noone can bug me... WHY would I want to go FASTER???????? :) Anyway... we have a little building in our backyard that used to have one room that was our farm office. It had been taken over pretty much for storage and on Tuesday or Wed. DH said to me that we should empty that room out, clean it up, paint and fix the floor and I could have my own office. Now recall that I LOVE an EVENT... so I made this into one! By Friday the junk was cleared out and DH took the day off to fix the rotted places in the ceiling and floor. I felt SO bad because what should have been quick fix up took nearly two days. By the time I got home from my PC Show on Friday night he had installed laminate wood flooring and the room was ready for paint. We did that together yesterday and got all the shelving we had moved back in and I loaded those shelves with plastic containers of all my paper work, catalogs etc. I am SO excited!!!!!! Now I just need to gather all the stacks of show order forms and things that are still on my desk in here and get them out of here. The only thing I'll keep in the house is my planner and my binder with all my info in it for shows and recruits. I computer is of course in the house but I can use DH's laptop out there... the wireless will work out there. I know that you born organized people out there take all this for granted but let me tell you... I am SO EXCITED that I just had to share!!!!!! I would take photos but it's a weird space to get a good shot of... I'll try later though. With our big family, I am so excited to think that I have a place to sit down and meet with someone too! That gives me great incentive to keep it looking gorgeous just like it does right now!!!!!! Sorry this is so long! I guess I'm making up for not being on here much and I'm SO worried about my recruit that sliced her thumb...

HEY!!!!!!
how dare you post all these details yet not post pictures?!?!?!
Come on woman! We want pictures!!!!!!!

That's right we want pictures!!! :chef:

Funny you posted this today. I am in the middle of a major cleaning! I am shredding documents I thought I had to save, only to learn today that I did not need to save them. I have emptied out the shredder can four times today and I am not finished.

HOORAY for working on organization. I am with you, I am not an organized person. I have organized thoughts, but that is where it ends.

Congratulations on getting your own office!

Lisa

ChefLisa said:
Funny you posted this today. I am in the middle of a major cleaning! I am shredding documents I thought I had to save, only to learn today that I did not need to save them. I have emptied out the shredder can four times today and I am not finished.

HOORAY for working on organization. I am with you, I am not an organized person. I have organized thoughts, but that is where it ends.

Congratulations on getting your own office!

Lisa
Hey, at least you have organized thoughts. What is that like?:)

I went and took photos but I can't figure out how to compress them... I used to do it easily and now I can't ... help!

Here is a file I got from My director over the summer - I found it very helpful in organizing my stuff -

Not sure who gets the credit for it - it wasn't her notes..

Attachments

• GetYourBusinessOrganizedinaDay.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 399
Say, Congrats on your NEW LEMONY FRESH VERY OWN Office Miss Diane! :)
Whoo-hoo for you!!!!!

PamperedDor said:
Here is a file I got from My director over the summer - I found it very helpful in organizing my stuff -

Not sure who gets the credit for it - it wasn't her notes..

Where is the file? I can't find it?http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/kacey1972/blind_mouse_cheese_sm_nwm.gif

quiverfull7 said:
I went and took photos but I can't figure out how to compress them... I used to do it easily and now I can't ... help!

I load them in photobucket and shrink them in there before posting.

Cool... but y'all will have to wait because DH is not thrilled that I am on the puter instead of talking to him

quiverfull7 said:
Cool... but y'all will have to wait because DH is not thrilled that I am on the puter instead of talking to him

Maybe you guys need some chocolate body paint?

Cool whip works too... bye :)

Oooo- you naughty little vixen!

hee-hee

Kitchen Diva said:
Oooo- you naughty little vixen!

hee-hee

She's not naughty, she's married to the guy. ;)

Go have fun Diane! :rolleyes:

Yea... I'm thinking it's not gonna happen tonight but a girls gotta look forward to something!

quiverfull7 said:
Yea... I'm thinking it's not gonna happen tonight but a girls gotta look forward to something!

Hey, it's better for us when we look forward to it for awhile. ;)

attempting to post photosOkay... the room is a work in progress... as you can see by the picture that still has the walmart stickers on it... sigh... I've got lots more to do but I'm so excited to have the space.

Kitchen Diva said:
Where is the file? I can't find it?http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/kacey1972/blind_mouse_cheese_sm_nwm.gif

Kasey - click on my link in the post - its a word doc -

HTH -

Right on Diane! Thanks for sharing!!! How cool, yeah you better be thanking that hubby of yours!:blushing: :D

too funny KG
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
rolleye0001.gif
SQUIGGLES!
rolleye0001.gif

Yeah, I'm pretty much an advocate of the Pilot system, too. (Pilot it here, pilot over there, oh, let's start a new one and pilot over there!) I'd be happy to have a building big enough to play cars in, let alone my TPC stuff!
Love it! You cracked me up big time with this post.:D

JAE said:
I may be like you, Rae. I'm very clean, but if I don't have time to really clean something in the way it needs to get clean, I don't do it. Therefore, my kitchen floor is usually quite nasty. I have lots of piles, too. All piles are PC and I have three separate areas of piles. It's bad.

I knew I loved you for a reason... my kitchen floor is the same way. Between the lack of cleaning and the 2yo DD that empties the tray on her booster chair when she is done, I have completely given up on my floor.

Diane - what a wonderful, open, sunny space! Before I saw the pictures, I was envisioning a dark little room - but that is beautiful!

JAE said:

That is my problem too. I struggle with surface cleaning. I like to clean from the inside out. DH can clean the bathroom in 15 minutes, but it takes me an hour. (we have a large bathroom with 2 sinks & vanities, jacuzzi tub full of little boy toys, and separate shower with 2 seats.) I have to scrub everything down....so sometimes it's easier to just let him clean it.

One of my best friends tells me that my home isn't dirty - it's just cluttered!:eek: I spent all of Sat. Afternoon trying to clean my office - at least now my piles are a bit more organized.

katie0128 said:
I knew I loved you for a reason... my kitchen floor is the same way. Between the lack of cleaning and the 2yo DD that empties the tray on her booster chair when she is done, I have completely given up on my floor.
I gave up on our kitchen floor when we moved in! It's just so nasty, it will never clean no matter how much I scrub it. Luckily it's dark laminate so you cannot tell how bad it is. We just have the no second rule in our house. If it fell on the floor, throw it away!

I'm sooo jealous! I was just talking with my husband about my own defined space. My desk is in the kitchen dining room area. The kids use my desk and computer, moving my things out of their way and then I have to find it again!
I have a room in the basement I could use, no windows so I am not sure I would go down there to work. :grumpy:

We also have the "pilot" program going on here also. Way to many. Funny thing is though I usually know where to find the items I need again!

I always know which pile any given item is in... I'm just getting sick enough of the piles myself to really want to do something about it and I'm raising an entire set of pilers for the future and I want to change that at least for these last 3 that I have home. The 20 yr old... well... it may be too late for her and the 3 that have already moved out... some are pilers some are not... it's a mean thing to pass on to your kids... so I'm trying to get past it.

ChefBeckyD said:
That is my problem too. I struggle with surface cleaning. I like to clean from the inside out. DH can clean the bathroom in 15 minutes, but it takes me an hour. (we have a large bathroom with 2 sinks & vanities, jacuzzi tub full of little boy toys, and separate shower with 2 seats.) I have to scrub everything down....so sometimes it's easier to just let him clean it.

One of my best friends tells me that my home isn't dirty - it's just cluttered!:eek: I spent all of Sat. Afternoon trying to clean my office - at least now my piles are a bit more organized.

Oh Becky, another commonality.

I am always "cluttered"...then it gets to the point where I can't stand it and have to do MAJOR cleaning. When I clean, the furniture gets moved around, and everything gets cleaned...takes me forever, but looks great when done. In between, I'm not so good with the "maintenance". It's all or nothing it seems...and yes, DH usually cleans to save time.

janetupnorth said:
Oh Becky, another commonality.

I am always "cluttered"...then it gets to the point where I can't stand it and have to do MAJOR cleaning. When I clean, the furniture gets moved around, and everything gets cleaned...takes me forever, but looks great when done. In between, I'm not so good with the "maintenance". It's all or nothing it seems...and yes, DH usually cleans to save time.

Ummm, okay.....you just described me.....

Now that we've all taken the shape test - I chalk it up to being a squiggle. Squiggles aren't good at everyday maintenance. Good thing that is a strength of DH!

Oh - I also often wait until there are no clean underwear or towels to do laundry....:eek: The laundry room is right next to my office, so Sat. I did 6 loads while I was cleaning my office. :eek:

I suffer from the same "disease"!

Diane, your office looks fantastic. Yay God!

janetupnorth said:
She's not naughty, she's married to the guy. ;)

Go have fun Diane! :rolleyes:

married or not...cool whip is a little naughty- in a fun sort of way! Adam and Eve didn't have cool-whip! :)

besides, I'm just playing with her Ms Janet :)

That is awesome!!

Diane your office looks great. Our office is in our detached garage. My husband has a roofing business that I help with.

I also have the pile diease. I have most of my PC stuff in the office but I also have a drawer of PC tools, a cabinet of PC tools and my cookware and stoneware in the kitchen. Then I also have piles of current things I am working on going between the office and the kitchen. I don't have a lap top yet so I have to go back and forth to the office to use the computer.

Ann R.

Kitchen Diva said:
married or not...cool whip is a little naughty- in a fun sort of way! Adam and Eve didn't have cool-whip! :)

besides, I'm just playing with her Ms Janet :)

Apparently it is... she's got 7 kids!

I'm still going through piles in the house that need to be sorted and then the PC papers taken out to the office. My plan is to get everything business related out there... the tools I use will of course be in the house but when I got everything washed up from the show last Friday I put it into my kit and took it out yesterday to the office. It will take continued discipline on my part to keep this done as it needs to be but I promised when I began PC that I would make a concerted effort to improve on keeping things neat in the house and I have often let that go and then adding all the PC stuff has often made it worse. Our DS has Asperger's Syndrome and while he manages in my disorder... the more orderly things are, the less stress it causes him... I KNOW my DH fairs better with neat and orderly so that's my goal... It's a process and thankfully I'm better than I was which I'm glad about. http://www.flylady.com helped me out quite a bit a few years back. I cannot wdear my shoes all the time like she tells me to so I quit getting her emails for a while. I do pop in on that website every now and again to get reinspired! I better get some more sorting done now... can't seem to do that and type at the same time! :)

quiverfull7 said:
I'm still going through piles in the house that need to be sorted and then the PC papers taken out to the office. My plan is to get everything business related out there... the tools I use will of course be in the house but when I got everything washed up from the show last Friday I put it into my kit and took it out yesterday to the office. It will take continued discipline on my part to keep this done as it needs to be but I promised when I began PC that I would make a concerted effort to improve on keeping things neat in the house and I have often let that go and then adding all the PC stuff has often made it worse. Our DS has Asperger's Syndrome and while he manages in my disorder... the more orderly things are, the less stress it causes him... I KNOW my DH fairs better with neat and orderly so that's my goal... It's a process and thankfully I'm better than I was which I'm glad about. http://www.flylady.com helped me out quite a bit a few years back. I cannot wdear my shoes all the time like she tells me to so I quit getting her emails for a while. I do pop in on that website every now and again to get reinspired! I better get some more sorting done now... can't seem to do that and type at the same time! :)

FlyLady was too much for me. I couldn't handle the constant emails....and I was annoyed that someone was telling me when and how to do everything. Probably because when things are too organized, I start feeling like I can't breathe. I like just a little chaos in my life.:D

Thanks for sharing! I have the same issues. Lots of paper everywhere. Everytime I get close to being organized, something comes up and chaos takes over again. I too like to completely clean and have started to learn that just a few minutes a day can avoid the deep clean need! We know that, but that's why it's a "disease" :).Your office looks beautiful!

1. How do I organize all my Pampered Chef supplies and paperwork in my home office?

One of the best ways to organize your Pampered Chef supplies and paperwork in your home office is by using plastic containers and shelves. Sort your paperwork into different categories and label the containers accordingly. This will make it easy to find what you need and keep your office clutter-free.

2. How can I become more organized if I am not naturally an organized person?

Becoming more organized takes practice and patience. Start by decluttering and organizing one area at a time. Develop a system for keeping track of important paperwork and supplies. Consider using a planner or binder to keep all your information in one place. With consistent effort, you can become more organized over time.

3. How can I create a functional office space in a small area?

When working with a small area, it's important to maximize space by using shelves, hanging organizers, and other storage solutions. Utilize vertical space and think outside the box for creative storage solutions. Make sure to also keep your office space clean and clutter-free to make it feel more open and functional.

4. Do you have any tips for keeping my office space efficient?

One tip for keeping your office space efficient is to have a designated spot for everything. This will make it easier to find what you need and prevent clutter from building up. Also, make sure to regularly declutter and reorganize to keep your space efficient and functional.

5. How can I maintain my office space once it is organized?

Maintaining an organized office space requires consistent effort. Make sure to put things back in their designated spots after use and regularly declutter. Consider setting aside a few minutes each day to tidy up your office space to prevent it from becoming overwhelming. With consistent effort, you can maintain an organized and efficient office space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
christinaspc
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SilverCeladon