• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gluten Free Plea to Home Office

Neither product says they contain wheat, but they are processed in a facility that also produces wheat. Wheat is not needed to make these items 'good.' Tortillas can be made with regular flour, not wheat.
WendyE
For all you out there with gluten/wheat issues in your family, friends or customers, I'd love to have as many people as possible send suggestions to the home office that they make their spice blends, rubs and sauces gluten free! There is no need for these items to contain gluten - it is very easy to replace it with non gluten containing ingrediants in these types of products, and it would make our products available to SO MANY MORE PEOPLE!! My family is gluten free because of two celiac daughters and I have a very hard time using the recipes and test cooking at home because so many of PC recipes and ingrediants have gluten. I really wish my family could at least enjoy the spices and rubs that would be just as good it they did not have gluten. Maybe if enough people bring it up they will realize how many customers would apppreciate it and make a change! A cookbook with allergen free recipes might be a nice addition as well. Thanks!

My daughter doesn't have a Gluten allergy but she has many food allergies. But it would be nice to have a allergy free cookbook!

Actually, we could just ask HO to label which items have or don't have gluten. Many items ARE gluten free but just aren't labeled so. What I would love to see is a gluten free cookbook!!

I think it would open a whole lot of sales for us!!!

Does anyone know if our SW seasoning and Chiptle Rub are GF? Need to know for fajita shows!

ChefCKHall said:
Does anyone know if our SW seasoning and Chiptle Rub are GF? Need to know for fajita shows!

Neither one says they contain wheat, but do say they are processed in a facility that also produces wheat. My daughters would eat this, but not everyone with a gluten intolerance or celiac would depending on their sensitivety. You should ask the person that you are cooking for if it's ok. You would have to use corn tortillas! Regular tortillas are made with flour.

My family has tree nut allergy issues so all the seasonings are off limits. I only use them for shows and that is it!:grumpy:

ShelbyMichalek said:
Actually, we could just ask HO to label which items have or don't have gluten. Many items ARE gluten free but just aren't labeled so. What I would love to see is a gluten free cookbook!!

They actually do say in the catalog which ones have wheat (which is the only thing I see in the ingrediants that I would consider contains gluten). You'll notice that all but one of the sprinkles, and several of the rubs and seasoning blends contain wheat. I'm pretty sure that wheat is not needed to make these items 'good' and could easily be substituted.

Also, they can't legally say an item is gluten free unless they go through a lot of red tape and have specific machines that don't process wheat or they go through extense cleaning between batches. There's also liability if you say an item is gluten free and something gets contaminated then someone gets sick. I am sure that is very expensive so don't expect them to do either. But if they would at least get rid of the wheat, a majority of people would be able to use it. That seems doable to me and would just be a matter of reformulating the recipes, so maybe not real costly? I have my fingers crossed! :) Thanks for your support!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I think it would open a whole lot of sales for us!!!

Me too! And help at shows! It's become so prevalant.

WendyE said:
Neither one says they contain wheat, but do say they are processed in a facility that also produces wheat. My daughters would eat this, but not everyone with a gluten intolerance or celiac would depending on their sensitivety. You should ask the person that you are cooking for if it's ok. You would have to use corn tortillas! Regular tortillas are made with flour.

If you go to Consultant's Corner, and click on Product Information Guide (In the box with Frequently Visited Links) you will get much better information on what is in each spice/seasoning.

We don't use any of the sweet sprinkles at our house, because of the gluten, and also the refined sugars. Many of the rubs are okay.

For the Fajita Show, I would ask the host to purchase tortilla shells that her family will eat. We can't eat corn either, so we don't do corn shells, but there are many other types of tortilla shells besides corn & wheat. We like the Garden of Life Brown Rice tortilla shells, and there is a national brand that makes a Teff tortilla, and then our favorite - Sami's Bakery Millet & Flax Lavash, which we use as tortilla shells. My son can also tolerate a small amount of Spelt, so sometimes we also use Rudi's Spelt Tortilla shells.

ChefBeckyD said:
If you go to Consultant's Corner, and click on Product Information Guide (In the box with Frequently Visited Links) you will get much better information on what is in each spice/seasoning.

We don't use any of the sweet sprinkles at our house, because of the gluten, and also the refined sugars. Many of the rubs are okay.

For the Fajita Show, I would ask the host to purchase tortilla shells that her family will eat. We can't eat corn either, so we don't do corn shells, but there are many other types of tortilla shells besides corn & wheat. We like the Garden of Life Brown Rice tortilla shells, and there is a national brand that makes a Teff tortilla, and then our favorite - Sami's Bakery Millet & Flax Lavash, which we use as tortilla shells. My son can also tolerate a small amount of Spelt, so sometimes we also use Rudi's Spelt Tortilla shells.

Becky - I do not see wheat on SW Seasoning and Chipotle Rub...Are these two okay? I do use a Gluten-Free stone for GF shows

ChefCKHall said:
Becky - I do not see wheat on SW Seasoning and Chipotle Rub...Are these two okay? I do use a Gluten-Free stone for GF shows

Yes, I use those at home. :) But like Wendy said, they are processed in a plant that also processes products with wheat, so you do need to check with your host about the level of intolerance.

GREAT using a GF stone! All of my stones are GF, except for on round flat stone, and I keep that one in the box for shows where someone insists on a glutened crust of some sort.

WendyE said:
Me too! And help at shows! It's become so prevalant.

My daughter is allergic to quite a few things and they have developed over time. AND I think TPC would open up a whole new level of bringing things to the kitchen table by offering a allegy free cookbook. HECK my brother inlaw is a allergic to egg's try cooking for that kid!! IT's almost impossible to find food's that do not have egg's in them!!!

I remember someone on here suggesting a salad when a host told me her mom had celiac. The host still makes it to this day!

I think these kind of recipes (as well as more low carb) would open up more options for our shows and be perfect for Spring!

I agree! I've not been selling for too long. Where do I suggest this to them?

I've been eating healthier since June, and abstain from all flour, sugar and wheat products. Thankfully, it has resulted in 55 lb. weight loss. I'm not baking in my household anymore. For my demos, I use our tools for food preparation: i.e. pineapple slicer; food chopper; knives; Core and More; Crinkle cutter, and Easy Accent decorater, and Cool and Serve Square Tray. Tomorrow will take along 10" Skillet for Biscuits that will use Sprinkles and let them indulge, and leave the leftovers.

I could have used the DCB for Chicken but wanted to keep the costs down, and the Show short.

Grandmarita said:
I've been eating healthier since June, and abstain from all flour, sugar and wheat products. Thankfully, it has resulted in 55 lb. weight loss. I'm not baking in my household anymore. For my demos, I use our tools for food preparation: i.e. pineapple slicer; food chopper; knives; Core and More; Crinkle cutter, and Easy Accent decorater, and Cool and Serve Square Tray. Tomorrow will take along 10" Skillet for Biscuits that will use Sprinkles and let them indulge, and leave the leftovers.

I could have used the DCB for Chicken but wanted to keep the costs down, and the Show short.

I have been reading a lot about folks using coconut flour, coconut sugar, and almond flour. I am going to dabble in some and see how they work.

At consultants corner go to the 'Managing Your Business' tab, then 'Home Office Contacts', then 'Email the Pampered chef'. There you will see "product suggestions". That is where I sent my suggestions for taking the gluten containing ingredients out of there pantry blends, rubs and sprinkles if they weren't necessary, as well as suggesting a gluten free and/or allergen friendly cookbook.

ChefCKHall said:
I have been reading a lot about folks using coconut flour, coconut sugar, and almond flour. I am going to dabble in some and see how they work.

I've had very good luck with these flours. Others I like are millet and sourghum. They help with texture in muffins quickbreads and cookies. Check out the blog "elanaspantry.com" She has a cook book out and uses a lot of almond flour in her baking. I also have a list of good almond flour resources from her that she says are the most affordable, quality and fresh. Got it out of a magazine. Let me know and I can post it if needed. Almond meal is very expensive as a rule, so I would imagine having a good source would be important if you like to use it a lot.

WendyE said:
I've had very good luck with these flours. Others I like are millet and sourghum. They help with texture in muffins quickbreads and cookies. Check out the blog "elanaspantry.com" She has a cook book out and uses a lot of almond flour in her baking. I also have a list of good almond flour resources from her that she says are the most affordable, quality and fresh. Got it out of a magazine. Let me know and I can post it if needed. Almond meal is very expensive as a rule, so I would imagine having a good source would be important if you like to use it a lot.

Wendy, I would LOVE this information! As a family, we do not need to cut out wheat but I would love to cut back or mix in! Thanks, CK

WendyE said:
I use Almond Flour ALOT. I don't care as much for the coconut flour by itself - you have to use too many eggs with any recipe I've seen, and everything just ends up tasting too eggy for me.I love Elana's Pantry. I made a bread recipe from her site this morning, and it was pretty good. Honeyville is the source she uses for Almond Flour, and it's half the price, and twice the quality of what you'd buy off the shelf. I know, I've tried 'em all! Here is the link. Oh - and if you sign up for the emails, they will send you coupons and special deals. In November I got my Almond Flour for 10% off.
http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/blanchedalmondflour5lb.aspxI also like Millet & Sorghum flours. I've made up my own flour blend that I use for baking (- it's posted on my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/BeckyDeemter) That includes both of those flours. I've just started really experimenting with a Gluten Free Oat Flour & Almond Flour mixture. I just really like the idea of the two of these together. I'm going to be experimenting with making Oat/almond flour cut out cookies tomorrow. (I'm in charge of the treat for Son's Valentines Party...so I'm trying to come up with a good treat!)I have 4 favorite Gluten Free Bloggers that I really love:Gluten Free Recipes - Elana's Pantry
http://www.simplysugarandglutenfree.com/
Gluten Free Girl and the Chef ? Food-Stories-Recipes-Love
gfe-gluten free easilyMy favorite is Simply Sugar and Gluten Free.

1. What is the purpose of the Gluten Free Plea to Home Office?

The Gluten Free Plea to Home Office is a request for Pampered Chef to offer more gluten-free products and resources to accommodate customers with gluten sensitivities or allergies. It aims to make Pampered Chef's products and recipes more accessible and inclusive for those following a gluten-free diet.

2. How can I make a Gluten Free Plea to Home Office?

To make a Gluten Free Plea to Home Office, you can reach out to Pampered Chef's customer service team via email, phone, or social media. You can also submit a request through the "Contact Us" form on the Pampered Chef website. Be sure to clearly state your request for more gluten-free options and provide any specific suggestions or feedback.

3. Are there currently any gluten-free products offered by Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef does offer some gluten-free products, such as the Gluten-Free Flour Blend, Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix, and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix. These items are clearly labeled as gluten-free on the Pampered Chef website and in the catalog.

4. Can I find gluten-free recipes on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of gluten-free recipes on their website. You can easily filter recipes by dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, to find options that fit your needs. You can also find gluten-free recipe ideas in the "Our Recipes" section of the website.

5. Will Pampered Chef consider adding more gluten-free options in the future?

Yes, Pampered Chef is continuously working to expand their product offerings and make their products accessible to individuals with various dietary needs. They welcome customer feedback and take it into consideration when developing new products. Your Gluten Free Plea to Home Office may contribute to the addition of more gluten-free options in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bperez14
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • SpiritdancerIA
  • Products and Tips
Replies