• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wheat and Spices??? Does Anyone Know?

In summary, the host is planning a party and one of the guests has celiac disease--no wheat, rye, barley---do you know if any of the PC spices/rubs has these grains? The guest has read the ingredients and one says wheat starch, so they are leaving it off the list. However, the rubs that contain wheat are Thai Red Curry, Moroccan, Smoky BBQ, and the rest are okay. Thanks, Becky and Sarah!!
BlueMoon
hey, you allergy free and or gluten free folks, can you offer any help

I'm planning a party and one of the guests has celiac disease--no wheat, rye, barley---do you know if any of the PC spices/rubs has these grains? I have read the ingredients and one says wheat starch, so I'll leave it off the list, but do you know of any others?

thanks in advance

My last host can't have gluten, so we made the Mexican Cheese Crisps (per Becky D's recommendation). She checked out the Southwestern Seasoning and said it's safe.

These spices are okay:Dill Mix
Southwestern Seasoning
Rosemary Herb Seasoning
Italian Seasoning
Cinnamon
Cinnamon Plus BlendRubs are produced in a facility that also processes wheat - so it will depend on the severity of the intolerance. If it's actual Celiac's Disease, then they probably won't want to chance it - but if it's like our family, and it's just an inability to digest wheat, then it doesn't really matter.The following rubs contain wheat:Thai Red Curry
Morroccan
Smoky BBQThe rest are okay.

Thanks, Becky and Sarah!!the cheese crisps are a great idea! the host wants pineapple upside down cake for desert, so that's a no go. I want to be sure this guest can eat everything else. I'm making the 30 min chicken, so I'll use the Southwestern Seasoning, maybe add some paprika, instead of the recipe for the coating. Of course, the problem is the whole thing is focused on the DCB. So I'm making the batter ahead and just popping the cake in at the end of the chicken. While the chicken is cooking I'm gonna have people cut up vegs and I can hand someone the grater and the bar pan to make the crisps. Someone else can make the guac.....I know, it's too much, but that's another thread

Last edited:
If she has real Celiac's - she won't eat chicken that was cooked in the same DCB as the cake, because of cross-contamination.

However, if she has real Celiac's she should be used to that fact, you just need to make her aware.

That's why the Mexican Cheese Crisps are a good demo - you use a layer of parchment paper, which separates the cheese from the actual stone where contamination could occur.

I made the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake using Gluten Free cake mix for one of my hosts and it was wonderful. The guests could not tell the difference.

We also had the GF version of the Pineapple Upside Down Skillet Cake at the same party as the Cheese Crisps - and, I've never seen a cake go so fast!! I didn't even get to try a piece! The texture was a little different, but apparently it was delicious.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that we take allergies and dietary restrictions very seriously. Our products are carefully labeled with all ingredients and allergens, including wheat, rye, and barley. I recommend checking the ingredients list on each spice or rub you are interested in using, just to be sure. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'm more than happy to help make sure your party is safe and enjoyable for all of your guests. Best of luck with your party planning!

What are some common spices used in wheat-based dishes?

Spices such as cumin, turmeric, coriander, and paprika are commonly used in wheat-based dishes for added flavor and depth.

What are the health benefits of wheat?

Wheat is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and can help improve digestion, support heart health, and regulate blood sugar levels.

Can I substitute wheat flour for other types of flour in recipes?

It depends on the recipe. While wheat flour is a versatile option, it may not always be a suitable substitute for gluten-free or low carb diets. It's best to consult a recipe or cooking expert for specific substitutions.

How should I store my spices to maintain their freshness?

Spices should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It's also important to keep them in airtight containers to prevent exposure to moisture and air, which can cause them to lose their flavor.

Are there any wheat-based dishes that are safe for people with gluten allergies?

There are many delicious gluten-free options available, such as quinoa, brown rice, and buckwheat, that can be used in place of wheat in dishes. It's important to always check food labels and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for safe alternatives for individuals with gluten allergies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • WendyE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Kathylynn