• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacing products for gluten free living

Jill092375

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2008
I have a friend/customer that just learned her family will be going gluten free. I mentioned that I had read here about the stones harboring gluten and she may want to replace those at some point. She had not thought about this since it was new and asked what kitchen utensils and products she may have that would need to be replaced. Does anyone have a list? I have read about stones and non-stick cookware. Anything else like cutting boards, wooden spoons, etc??? This has been very overwhelming for her and I want to try to help her as much as possible. Thanks!

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
It really depends. If it's because of Celiac disease, then stones, any wooden spoons, wooden cutting boards, cast-iron cookware would have to be replaced.

If it's just because of a gluten sensitivity, then she doesn't need to replace anything. My son was recently diagnosed with wheat & corn sensitivities, and we had to go gluten-free, but it wasn't necessary to replace anything.

In just a few short weeks, we have seen dramatic changes (for the better) in his health and behavior - it's been an incredible journey! It's been difficult finding replacements for food (because he's also sensitive to dairy and all nuts,
but seeing the difference in him has made it worth it!

Jill092375

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2008
It is Celiac disease.

What about our regular cutting boards? Those don't harbor bacteria so they shouldn't gluten if washed in a dishwasher, right? I know she has the nylon Chef's tools too, are those ok?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Casandra Crane
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Suzanne Johnson
Replies
Views