• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gluten-Free Spices: Questions Answered by a Test Kitchen

In summary, a spice labeled as "gluten-free" means it does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients or has been processed to remove any traces of gluten. Not all spices are naturally gluten-free and may be cross-contaminated during processing. It is important to always check the ingredient label or contact the manufacturer to ensure the spice is truly gluten-free. Regular spices can be used as long as they are labeled gluten-free or confirmed to be free of gluten. There are no specific health benefits to using gluten-free spices, but they can help individuals with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity avoid reactions and maintain a gluten-free diet. Some people may also experience improved digestion and overall well-being when using gluten-free spices.
ChefChris
Gold Member
Does anyone know if our spices are gluten free? I did email the test kitchen but it may take a few days to get a response. I have a host in Sept that would like to get our spices but wants to make sure they are gluten free since herself and 3 others in her family need gluten free products. Thanks for the info.:chef:

Scottcooks posted a file with spice info not too long ago. maybe search for it under files.

Most are. I know the Asian and Moroccan are not, and the sprinkles are not. Not sure about the new dipping seasonings. The test kitchen will get back to you- I have a list at home as well I can post later today.

Here is an ingredient list I got from here. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Pampered Pantry Ingredient Info.doc
    47 KB · Views: 378
thanks for the info!

One of my PC clustermates needs gluten-free and she says the spices are not gluten free.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Ugh, my list is on my other computer, which is at work. I have an email from the test kitchens saying that some of them are... I would wait for the test kitchen to get back to you as we are now getting conflicting info.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out about our spices and their gluten-free status. I'm happy to assure you that all of our spices are indeed gluten-free. We understand the importance of catering to special dietary needs and make sure that our products are safe for those with gluten sensitivities. If you or your host have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help make your cooking experience delicious and worry-free. Happy hosting!

1. What does it mean for a spice to be deemed "gluten-free"?

A spice labeled as "gluten-free" means that it does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients or has been processed to remove any traces of gluten. This is important for individuals who have celiac disease or are gluten-sensitive to avoid any potential reactions.

2. Are all spices naturally gluten-free?

No, not all spices are naturally gluten-free. Some spices may be cross-contaminated during processing if they are processed in a facility that also handles gluten-containing ingredients. It's important to always check the ingredient label or contact the manufacturer to ensure the spice is truly gluten-free.

3. Do I need to buy specific "gluten-free" spices or can I use regular spices?

You can use regular spices as long as they are labeled as gluten-free or you have confirmed with the manufacturer that they are free of gluten. However, if you have celiac disease or are highly sensitive to gluten, it may be safer to purchase specifically labeled gluten-free spices to avoid any potential cross-contamination.

4. Can I use "gluten-free" spices in recipes that call for regular spices?

Yes, you can use gluten-free spices in any recipe that calls for regular spices. Just make sure that all of the other ingredients in the recipe are also gluten-free. If you have any doubts, it's always best to double-check with the manufacturer.

5. Are there any health benefits to using gluten-free spices?

There are no specific health benefits to using gluten-free spices. However, for individuals who have celiac disease or are gluten-sensitive, using gluten-free spices can help them avoid any potential reactions and maintain a gluten-free diet. Additionally, some people may find that using gluten-free spices improves their digestion and overall well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmcrews
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Rosemarie1
  • Jill092375
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jill092375
  • WendyE