• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for Patience: Dealing with a Sudden Change in Work Schedule

In summary, Sarah's boss wants her to come to the office from 10-6 next week, but since her commute is almost 4 hours each way, she will only be home around 8pm and will not be able to have dinner with her family. Sarah Prays that God will reveal His will in this situation and trusts that He knows what is best for her.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
Hi PC sisters and brothers-
For the past few months I have been allowed to work from home (telecommuting). I have a new boss who started last month. Last night before going to bed I checked to see if there were any new e-mails from work. There was one from my boss saying, since it's end of month, yada yada yada, he wants me to come to the office from 10-6 M-Th next week ("sorry for the last minute notice").

While this may not be a big deal for some, the reason I work from home is because my commute is almost 100 miles round trip each day (that's 3 - 4 hours in the car, and with all the road construction going on, it'll be closer to 4). This mean I have to leave the house at 8:00am, and I'll be home around 8:00pm. I won't be ablet to have dinner with my family, and I'll only have a few minutes with my husband before he goes to bed (he gets up at 3:30am most mornings - if not earlier).

My prayer is to remember that God is in control, and it is HIS will that I go to the office this coming week, so it is for my good. I need to let go of the bitterness. Please also pray that God reveals His will in this - if it is to look for another job, use the time to witness to someone in need, etc.

Thank you in advance-

Your Sister in Christ-

Sarah

Prayer said. Travel safely.

This is where your faith is tested. You know this, I know this and your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ know this. You don't know the big plan God has in store for you right now but this may be a door that you need to go through, even though it is inconvenient and not what you think is best.

I recently had a situation come up that was unexpected and it ALMOST through me into a place I didn't want to go. I had to step back and ask for God's guidance and rely on his will for my life. Surrendering and allowing God to lead was hard. I wanted to do things MY way. I seeked wise counsel and things are more tolerable and...I found that peace about the situation that I wouldn't have found if it was all up to me alone.

I hope this is helpful to you. You did the right thing by asking questions and seeking WISE counsel. God be with you!

Ill keep you in my prayers!

Quit praying for patience!! One day I was talking about I had been praying for patience and the leader said jokingly of course, "If you keep praying for patience God will keep giving you tests of your patience to see how you're comming along" Just trying to lighten the moment! I have a friend who does the same type of commute, and the one thing she gets to do, that I don't is she listens to a lot of things on tape. Books, inspirational etc. which I never take the time to do at home. So, maybe you're suppose to get caught up on something??

When I pray for patience the flood gates open and every village idiot from every surrounding village comes at me trying my patience in every which way they can! So, I've stopped praying for patience and have started to focus on Psalm 23:1-3

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

So I focus on RESTING in God and imagine myself just sitting beside that stream of calm and quiet waters that is the presence of Jesus... I rest in that and find I can deal with the village idiots that manage to break through my fortress- or they don't even come near me! :)

I used to have a commute like you did, and I used it to listen to teaching tapes/CD's from Joyce Meyers, and I used it to wake up, and used the ride home to unwind and destress... DH and I just ate later and really enjoyed the days that we did have together. Besically my commute was church on wheels! :) LOL

It sounds like this coming in to work is just for a season- and your joyful spirit might just be what someone in that office needs- your witness of love and a good attitude might just be what someone will need to see-

God will use you during this time, don't let Satan steal the Joy that Christ died so that you may have.

I'm sorry that you have to commute for so long, I will pray for traveling mercies and that your week goes smoothly and quick! :) I'll even pray for a divine lack of traffic for you!

Blessings!

You'll be in my prayers.

Kacey and Danielle have some very good (and FUNNY) points!

I pray that God shows you why this is needed right now. Sometimes He does...sometimes He doesn't! Either way, trust that He is having you do this for a reason.

Your post made me smile...not that you are dealing with this coming up this week, but that your first reaction (well, maybe after stressing for a minute!!) was to look to Him for strength, direction, and assurance. Way to go! For all you know...He is only doing this to see if you will do it without grumbling! I try to remember that in every situation either God is testing ME (and how I react, and act during the time) or He is putting me in the situation to be a witness or a support to OTHERS. Not always the easiest thing to do, though!

I agree...I don't ever "ask" for patience! I think He tests me and trys to strengthen my patience enough!! lol

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

Thanks everyone! I was at a picnic at my director's house today, and talked to her about the situation. She gave me 4 training cd's!! She did point out, as well (she's also a strong Christian), that God may be using this as an opportunity for me to witness to someone.

A thought just occurred to me, as I reflected on all the responses here, especially Kacey's 'church in a car,' . . . I have been praying lately for God to bring me even closer to Him, and maybe His intention is to use all this 'alone time,' for just that purpose.

I am more at peace about this (though, I did my share of grumbling today, so I guess I failed THAT test!), and am sure by Monday I'll be able to carry the load with a lighter heart.

Again, thanks for all your kind words of wisdom. I will think about them if I do get stuck in traffic and start to feel fustrated (though, Kacey, I love the idea of a 'divine lack of traffic'!!!!!!!!!!).

Sarah

Hey Sarah - just think it could be worse - you could be driving through Iowa! ;)I drove a lot for quite a few years - good time for CDs and quietness...just remember, if you pray though, don't close your eyes!!!!I had a period of time where my commute to work was 4 1/2 hours one way (needless to say I didn't drive that twice a day). Just remember, this too is temporary and you WILL get through it. :)

pampchefsarah said:
Thanks everyone! I was at a picnic at my director's house today, and talked to her about the situation. She gave me 4 training cd's!! She did point out, as well (she's also a strong Christian), that God may be using this as an opportunity for me to witness to someone.

A thought just occurred to me, as I reflected on all the responses here, especially Kacey's 'church in a car,' . . . I have been praying lately for God to bring me even closer to Him, and maybe His intention is to use all this 'alone time,' for just that purpose.

I am more at peace about this (though, I did my share of grumbling today, so I guess I failed THAT test!), and am sure by Monday I'll be able to carry the load with a lighter heart.

Again, thanks for all your kind words of wisdom. I will think about them if I do get stuck in traffic and start to feel fustrated (though, Kacey, I love the idea of a 'divine lack of traffic'!!!!!!!!!!).
Sarah

I'd rather pray for a lot and get half than pray for nothing and get all of it! :)

You'd be amazed at what is granted when one has faith! I believe you will have a divine lack of traffic and will enjoy the commute! :)

Related to Pray for Patience: Dealing with a Sudden Change in Work Schedule

What does "Please Pray for Patience" mean?

"Please Pray for Patience" is a common phrase used to express a desire for help in developing patience, which is the ability to remain calm and resilient in difficult situations.

Why is patience important?

Patience is important because it allows us to handle challenging situations with grace and understanding. It also helps us to avoid making impulsive decisions and improves our relationships with others.

How can I develop more patience?

There are many ways to develop patience, such as practicing mindfulness, taking deep breaths, and reframing negative thoughts. It also helps to remind yourself of the benefits of patience and to have realistic expectations.

Can praying for patience really help?

Yes, praying for patience can be a helpful tool in developing this important virtue. It can provide a sense of peace and allow you to reflect on your actions and reactions in difficult situations.

Are there any specific prayers for patience?

While there are no specific prayers for patience, you can pray for guidance and strength in developing this virtue. You can also incorporate patience into your daily prayers and meditations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies