• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Knew I Wasn't Supposed to Go to Chicago!

In summary, the author was on the fence about going to a conference for a long time, but decided to go after a friend told them about a training they were having. They are going to miss their co-workers at the conference, but will be gone for two weeks and will have to miss their own show.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Well, friends, I was on the fence about conference for a long time. Every time I thought I'd be able to go, something would arise that would keep me from it.

I had the week of July 12 tentatively set as vacation just in case it worked out, but it never did. I am now mulling a trip to see family instead.

Well, good thing! Turns out that the paper where I work is hauling out a re-design the week after, and is training ALL of us on the new style that week. In addition, we are supposed to come up with really eye-catching stories to go in this week's paper. A journalist's job is never done, and no vacation ever goes unpunished!

Most likely I'll be off the week before my big show, on the week after and on my way to Colorado the following weekend.

My own dumb fault for waiting until summer to schedule 3 weeks of vacation ...

On the plus side .... Colorado trip is spanning two weeks, which is best for everybody all around, but takes away July vacation.This has me on a plane 4 days after the show. Host should be OK with closing out on or before the 3rd. She and her co-host take lots of orders in advance and very few show up!

God's timing is always perfect!I remember you sharing concern about losing your job a year or so ago, so I'm glad things are going so well. We'll definitely miss you at NC, though. Hopefully, next year!

Last year I FINALLY got my hours back. Staff can't possibly get much shorter than it is.I am a bit concerned about being gone for 2 weeks in a row. Not that the others can't handle things ... but it ruins my story count and I just worry that mostly my bosses won't see how much falls through the cracks ... I worry too much!

Hi there! I completely understand the struggle of trying to make it to conference every year. It seems like something always comes up, right? But it sounds like you have some exciting things going on at work, with the re-design and training. And a trip to see family is always a great alternative! Don't worry, your big show will still be a success, even with a little less vacation time. It's all about finding balance, right? Enjoy your time with family and have a great show in Colorado!

1. What is "I Knew I Wasn't Supposed to Go to Chicago!" about?

"I Knew I Wasn't Supposed to Go to Chicago!" is a cookbook filled with delicious recipes inspired by the city of Chicago. It also includes stories and anecdotes about the author's experiences in the city.

2. Are the recipes in the book difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "I Knew I Wasn't Supposed to Go to Chicago!" are designed to be easy and accessible for home cooks of all levels. The author includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success in the kitchen.

3. Can I find traditional Chicago dishes in the cookbook?

Yes, the cookbook includes a variety of traditional Chicago dishes such as deep dish pizza, Italian beef sandwiches, and Chicago-style hot dogs. It also features unique twists on classic dishes and new recipes inspired by the city.

4. Are the ingredients for the recipes easy to find?

Most of the ingredients used in the recipes can be found at your local grocery store. Some recipes may call for specific ingredients that can be found in specialty stores or online, but the author also provides alternative ingredient options.

5. Is "I Knew I Wasn't Supposed to Go to Chicago!" only for people who live in Chicago?

No, the cookbook is for anyone who loves food and wants to try new recipes. While the recipes may be inspired by Chicago, they can be enjoyed by anyone no matter where they live.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies