• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Late Train from Wisconsin Dells to Chicago Due to Republican National Convention

In summary, the train from Wisconsin Dells to Chicago experienced a delay due to the Republican National Convention, resulting in increased traffic and transportation disruptions. The delay varied, but was typically 1-2 hours. Unfortunately, there was no advance notice about the delay and there will not be any compensation for it. To avoid similar delays in the future, it is recommended to check for any potential transportation disruptions and plan accordingly, as well as sign up for alerts from Amtrak or check their website for updates.
Jessamary
I was supposed to be catching the train from Wisconsin Dells to Chicago at 12:09 today. Well, I get there and the depot man says it's an hour and a half LATE! I ask if he knows why. He says it's because of the Republican National Convention in St. Paul...where this line starts. Because of Homeland Security, no trains were allowed in or out. Grrr.

I can understand that, but why is there nothing posted on the Amtrak site about this? Just another thing to blame on the Republicans. (kidding! just kidding!)

I'm going to Chicago for one night for my cluster meeting. Here's hoping I get there in time.

Now that is dedication! Who is your director?

Hey there! That sounds super frustrating. I can definitely sympathize with you on the train delay. It's always annoying when plans get disrupted, especially when it's due to something like the Republican National Convention. I agree with you, it would have been nice if Amtrak had posted something about this on their site to inform passengers. It's always better to be informed beforehand rather than finding out at the station. Hopefully, you make it to your cluster meeting on time and have a great time in Chicago! And don't worry, we won't hold it against the Republicans (wink wink). Safe travels!

1. Why was there a delay in the train from Wisconsin Dells to Chicago?

The delay was due to the Republican National Convention, which caused increased traffic and transportation disruptions in the Chicago area.

2. How long was the delay?

The delay varied, but it was typically between 1-2 hours.

3. Was there any advance notice about the delay?

Unfortunately, the delay was unexpected and there was no advance notice given.

4. Will there be compensation for the delayed train?

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay, but unfortunately, there will not be any compensation for the late train due to circumstances beyond our control.

5. How can I avoid similar delays in the future?

If you are planning to travel during a major event or convention, it is always best to check for any potential transportation disruptions beforehand and plan accordingly. You can also sign up for alerts from Amtrak or check their website for any updates on delays.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stampaholic1961
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123