• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Incentives Make Customer Care Calls Easier?

In summary, Becky was trying to call someone and accidentally called the wrong person. She then discussed the product with the person and made sure they were happy with it before hanging up.
Becky0216
I really do. I am horrible on the phone. For the past hour I have been making ccc. I have not done a single one until today really. This is the most awkward thing for me to do. I can't get the words out right and have no clue how to naturally get to the part where I ask about bookings etc without sounding like a PITA. I used a template and that was not right for me, I wrote my own and that didn't work and then I decided to wing it. Either way I sound like a dummy.
Out of 36 calls I got 13 on the phone. Some were rude, some were friendly. They are happy with their product, but really all cut me short from there.
Any chance I can survive this business without CCC?
Glad I got that out...

It will get easier I promise!! You are doing a great job making this an important part of your business. It feels very akward at first but if you keep working at it you will see results. Just remember you are offering a service when you mention bookings or recruiting. You are just telling them about anything new with Pampered Chef that has you excited. If you say something like, we just got this notice that xyz is new with Pampered Chef and I wanted to share it with you, then even if they are not interested you will usually get a response. Good Luck.

Becky,

CONGRATS!!!!

On doing something to grow that you also may not like right now.
Please be proud of yourself, I am proud of you!!!

I will not profess to telling you what will or what won't work in your business. I do alot of CCC and I happen to love them...now.
I didn't at first but I knew it was time to grow and it worked.

Give yourself a cookie and hop back in. I know for me I made sure to check my attitude before I started. I was not asking them for anything. I was checking in, connecting and offering service.
You are offering to serve them.
Good for you!:D

Last night I made a call to someone because I think I put a booking by her name instead of the person who really wanted to book. So, I called her and just told her the deal, that I wanted to make sure I hadn't left her out. She laughed and then I asked her if she would be interested in having a show. Then I asked her if she's been using her stone and how she likes it. It was actually fun. It doesn't always go that way, but maybe I should start saying to everyone that I'm really a bad note taker and am calling because I couldn't remember if they had wanted to have a show. Ha ha! I won't, but maybe....

i hate doing them too,but i figured if i just did them to get them over with it would give me more practice so i could find my comfort zone. i found that if i just made a list of what i wanted to make sure i got into the calls i could wing it from there. the outline they have felt too unnatual(sp?) for me but a note pad with a few bullets really helped me make sure to cover my bases. i've also found that the " i had to ask" line comes in handy. that's just me though... i hope that helps..

Don't ask for bookings or recruit leads right now. JUST do customer care. Until you feel comfortable even just doing the CCC, you are going to sound a bit strained on the phone...and they will be waiting for "the catch." Just call and say Hi! (ask if they have a minute to talk) and say...I was just checking in to make sure that your {insert product or products here} is working out for you and that you are 100% satisified at this point. Then hush and let them talk. If they just say "yes" and drop it...you can pull out a bit more info by asking what their favorite recipe was...or what they like about the product. At that point, you could say: would you like to see a new recipe from our new fall and winter shows? I would love to get one in the mail to you! Leave it at that...no pressure on you...or on them!

ONLY ONCE YOU ARE TOTALLY COMFORTABLE with "just" customer care...you can branch out and ask for bookings, etc. It will work better at that point, since you feel more at ease and they can "feel" that...

HTH

Kelly- THANK YOU!! That is such a simple script that even a dummy like me can do it. ha ha
I've done calls but they are like pulling teeth. :)

I am with you, I HATE THEM, HATE HATE HATE ( such a strong word, I know). I do them, but I dislike them and am still not comforatble making them and don't do as many as I should, but I still do them. Hang in there!!

I do it by e-mail! LOL I am like you and HATE calling people I do not know! I do not like when telemarketers or salesmen call me and I know people have that thought proccess about "home show" business too. I know this because I once thought that way! I send a super nice e-mail and let that be it for the most part (not always though)

KellyTheChef said:
Don't ask for bookings or recruit leads right now. JUST do customer care. Until you feel comfortable even just doing the CCC, you are going to sound a bit strained on the phone...and they will be waiting for "the catch." Just call and say Hi! (ask if they have a minute to talk) and say...I was just checking in to make sure that your {insert product or products here} is working out for you and that you are 100% satisified at this point. Then hush and let them talk. If they just say "yes" and drop it...you can pull out a bit more info by asking what their favorite recipe was...or what they like about the product. At that point, you could say: would you like to see a new recipe from our new fall and winter shows? I would love to get one in the mail to you! Leave it at that...no pressure on you...or on them!

ONLY ONCE YOU ARE TOTALLY COMFORTABLE with "just" customer care...you can branch out and ask for bookings, etc. It will work better at that point, since you feel more at ease and they can "feel" that...

HTH

Great advice Kelly. I have to use it because I've been feeling the same way about CC. I put more pressure on myself to book shows or possibly recruit. It takes the fun out of PC when I do that. Thank you again!

Thank you everyone. I had a moment there....
I will just try to call without an agenda for a while. Right now I am stumbling on words and I am not even bringing up doing shows etc. I think I am so nervous because I know my goal is to bring it up. I am going to keep on truckin. :)
My problem is I am VERY much an email gal. I email for EVERYTHING! I want my business to grow and feel like I need to be more personable. Besides, I took July off and now have a slightly empty caledar. this month I have 4 shows, but then I think I only have 3 more shows on the books for the year:( ON the plus side, I have a show on the 30th and she called me today with outside orders. She already have $700 in orders. Wahooo. One thing I can brag about is I am awesome at host coaching!
Thanks again,

I think of customer care calls as the difference between me and a traditional store. Bookings don't even go on my radar. I honestly just call to see if they like their products. Obviously, my business is not growing from them but I do think there is an indirect growth based on getting emails from a previous guest wanting to do a show. I think that shows they trust me cause I CARE about them not because I'm always asking for anything.

I hate them, too. I do them, though. Like a couple of the others, I don't view them as booking or recruiting calls. They're strictly customer care, though the often result in a booking or recruit lead. Here's what I say:Hi, I'm Rae Bates. I was the consultant for Susie's Pampered Chef Party. I'm just calling to make sure you LOVE the products you got from Susie's party.I have the list of what they purchased in front of me so I can speak directly about one or two of their products. I often try to add value to what they've bought:You purchased the Apple Wedger. That's one of my favorites. I use it all the time. Did you know you can use it for onions and potatoes, too?Finally, I remind them that I'm here for them:My contact information is on your receipt. If you ever have any questions or need anything at all, please don't hesitate to contact me.I share Dawn's disdain for those telemarketers and post-expo/home show calls. I view what I do as different, since I'm not trying to sell them anything. My purpose in making the call is to answer questions or concerns and firm up my relationship with my customer. Those relationships are what make or break my business.

My director Chris Manion tells us to "Let go of the outcome" of our calls.Simply call them with no ulterior motive for bookings, only to be a good customer service call.I'm still working on it, it's hard to do!

It's a good idea, though, to have your calendar handy along with a way to take notes, just in case that call turns into a booking or recruit lead. Always be prepared!

Do you want to make a lasting impression on your customers? Do you want them to remember YOU the next time they need/want something?

If your answer is yes to either of these questions, then you better do customer care calls...not booking/recruiting calls, just plain, simple customer care.

When was the last time Macy's, Target or Walmart called you to see if you are enjoying the product you bought? One way to get in the HABIT of doing these is this: TELL them at the party you ARE going to call them because you want to make sure the product they buy is a right fit for them. "You get to use it for a few weeks...if it's not a right fit, then when I call, we can adjust it for you! And get this...PC will ship it back to the company for FREE!"

Hi Becky,
I must be honest and say I don't like them too!!! However, I tell myself that I'm doing it for them and not so much for me and that helps! It's still not easy but it will get better....I hope. I just did some from my last 2 shows I did and most I spoke with were happy that I care and only one was not so nice, but maybe she was having a bad day. ( well that is what I tell myself so I don't get discouraged and it works)
Keep up the good work!!

CONGRATS WEEZY!!!
:)
And welcome!

Being fairly new too, I would love to get some tips on how you host coach to get someone to do $700 in outside orders! I just started a couple of months ago and my sales usually stay in the $300-$400 range.

alispcbiz said:
Being fairly new too, I would love to get some tips on how you host coach to get someone to do $700 in outside orders! I just started a couple of months ago and my sales usually stay in the $300-$400 range.

My director tried this at her last show and it worked:

Are you up for a challenge?

If you receive 300.00 in outside order I will give you a cookbook of your choice

If you receive 500.00 in outside orders I will give you a cookbook and a $20.00 product

By giving them an incentive it will encourage them to work on outside orders. Her host did over 600.00 before the show started and closed at 1100.00 She said this is the first time she has every done this. Now this may work for some host and others' not but it's worth a shot. I plan on doing this.... now if I can get some booked that would be great.

Carol, I love this idea!! I want to start using it right away!!! Thanks!!!

This is how I get all my shows over 600+. I always offer incentives. I know most feel like what PC offers is good enough, but without the incentives, I have not had much luck.
I used to Average $250 a show. Now I am at $650 average. That increase alone more than pays for the incentives.
I offer $10 In Free product at $300 ouotside orders
I offer 25$ In FP for $500.
Then by adding it on to the show, it really works out to be less money I am putting out.

Thanks for the advice. I was actually on a similar wavelength. I recently offered my last show that I would buy the ingredients if they got $250 in outside orders before the show. I think that is a little much actually. I like the idea of more free product value. I'll try it.

Stop Saying I hate Customer Care CallsHey Becky,
The best way to overcome your issue with customer care calls is to stop saying you hate them. How about replacing that negative affirmation with a positive one.

I love to make customer care calls.

Just saying that 10 times fast and repeating it several times all day, (for the rest of your life), will go a long way to bringing you better results.

The following article on my blog includes a customer service script that I have used and it works because it keeps the focus on the customer's needs, not yours. I have found that it is really easy to transition into upcoming specials using this script. One in ten will say yes to something using this service oriented script for customer care calls.

http://www.createacashflowshow.com/building-show-business/lead-generation-campaigns.htm

Re: Stop Saying I hate Customer Care Calls
Deb Bixler said:
Hey Becky,
The best way to overcome your issue with customer care calls is to stop saying you hate them. How about replacing that negative affirmation with a positive one.

I love to make customer care calls.

Just saying that 10 times fast and repeating it several times all day, (for the rest of your life), will go a long way to bringing you better results.

The following article on my blog includes a customer service script that I have used and it works because it keeps the focus on the customer's needs, not yours. I have found that it is really easy to transition into upcoming specials using this script. One in ten will say yes to something using this service oriented script for customer care calls.

http://www.createacashflowshow.com/building-show-business/lead-generation-campaigns.htm

Thanks Deb!

I actually remember seeing that before - but couldn't remember where! I'm so glad you posted it!:thumbup:

Great, ScriptOK, great Becky. I actually wrote it myself and have circulated it with my team who use it as well. Maybe you saw it on my site already or one of them forwarded it on to you:chef:. It really does work.

thanks for the script. I think that day was very frustrating for me and maybe It was overkill with so many calls. I made a couple more the other day and although nervous, I called without an agenda, and it made it easier for me.

About Customer Care Calls - I have taken the direction of one of the Directors I work with and changed the name of Customer Care Calls to Courtesy Calls. This has changed my mind set and it is easier to make the call. It has helped me, maybe it will you also.

KellyTheChef said:

HTH

This is what I've been doing, it has really helped me thus far and I'm just a baby in the PC family. I want to build a good foundation with everyone I meet either at my future shows, on the street or even my family when they order from me. I don't want them to hear my answering machine message and or see my name on the caller id and always think "shes looking for $orders$ or books etc". I know that always won't be the case but I want to put myself out there like that with most everyone.:)

DEB girl you rock my socks!! Seriously thank you for sharing all the things you do on CS!!

I have a hard time with them too. I get nervous and start rambling on. Is there an easy way to keep track of what people bought? I figured I should just print out there reciepts from PPP and put them in a binder. Any suggestions would be great. I always pray that I'll get a voicemail!!

you can choose a preference under p3. That way in Sept you can call all those people that have ordered stoneware to get it 60% off in Nov. I put it on their guest card and have that stapled to a page in a binder. That way when the page moves so does all their info.

So when you close a show you print copies of the receipts and put them in your customer care binder? Or is there a different way to keep track of them. Too bad there isn't a form that prints out with the script on it and what they ordered.

Try to change the way you think. Remember our policies. The customer has 30 days to return something that they don't like and PC will pay for shipping. As a customer how would you feel if you had something that wasn't exactly what you had hoped it would be and your consultant called to see how you were doing with it, and then told you it could be exchanged!!! Now, how would you feel if she hadn't called, you'd feel stuck with something. I never want my customers to feel stuck with something!
Customer Care Calls are calls to take care of your customers, and if you believe in customer service the way we all claim to, there is no reason not to do them. I have been in sales my entire life, and one of the first things a very wise lady told me in the begining of my career, is stop thinking about what you are getting out of it, and think about what your customer is getting. If you take good care of your customers, they will take good care of you!! If I call and they still haven't taken it out of the box, I remind them to do so, and that I will be calling back to make sure they are happy with their purchase. I don't ask them to do anything else, but at the end I always ask if they want me to keep them up to date with happenings. Or if they want me to put them on my e-newsletter. How do you feel when you run into one of your customers and they tell you about going to someone else's show and what they bought. To yourself, you're like, "but you are my customer!" Well??? Are they???
Just trying to tweak your thinking!
dja

I print a Show Summary Report. If you click on a particular show, the option "View Show Summary Report" comes up in the upper left corner of the window. I use that when making my CCCs.

Oh and that will list the customer info and what they ordered? I'll have to go back and do that. I've been a little lost at how to do some of this stuff. I'm so thankful for this site...I've gotten a lot of good tips from it!!
Thanks!!

It sure will. I love that report. It's also easily portable, so I can take it with me and make calls on the road. BTW, I also really appreciate all I've gleaned from this site. There are lots of wonderful, helpful people here.

At my shows, I let people know that I come with their products and to expect an "out of the box" call from me sometime in the future...I'll be calling them at some point to ask them if their Food Chopper (or whatever) is out of the box. This always gets a laugh, but when I actually make the call, they're not surprised.

I actually have been pretty lax about my OOB calls lately and had one host tease me that she hadn't gotten her call yet. But when she showed me that her chopper was still in it's original packaging, I told her it's because I knew it wasn't out of the box! :D

I have also found that by keeping the focus on them and making sure they're happy, it's a lot easier and more comfortable for both parties. I do get the customers asking to place additional orders or to book shows before I could even ask. Mind you, not all the time, but it happens.

HTH

raebates said:
It sure will. I love that report. It's also easily portable, so I can take it with me and make calls on the road.

BTW, I also really appreciate all I've gleaned from this site. There are lots of wonderful, helpful people here.

What a fabulous idea. I have never been good at this..but this tool will be wonderful to help me get thru the conversation with more ease. Thanks so much! BTW..love the idea where it is portable. I spend 3 days a week waiting and waiting for my 4 yr old to get outta preschool as I live too far to go back home and back to town:yuck: Now I can make better use of this time and connect with my customers!

It's amazing what you find when you "waste time" by clicking on the various things in PP or P3.

raebates said:
It's amazing what you find when you "waste time" by clicking on the various things in PP or P3.

Hey - that's not wasting time! That's RESEARCH!! :D

readingcomputer.gif

I like the way you think, Becky.

raebates said:
I print a Show Summary Report. If you click on a particular show, the option "View Show Summary Report" comes up in the upper left corner of the window. I use that when making my CCCs.

Oh my Gosh Rae! I never noticed that there before. I LOVE it. I am awful about making time to get on the phone. In addition to calling potential leads, I am going to make calls to recent customers. I love the "let me help you" idea without seeming like there is any ulterior motive. Thanks for posting that!

I agree with everyone that making Customer Care Calls can be hard & at times frustrating. I came up with a way to give myself a little more incentive to make these calls that are important to the type of Customer Care I want to give. Now it is a little bit easier for me to remember to do these calls. Hope this helps!!
Here is what I did: 1) Decided on something that I wanted, but wouldn't normally spend my money on (this can be anything from a purse to a spa package) 2) Everytime I make a CCC or a HC call I add 25cents to my jar, now this only counts if I have talked to a live person or have left a really good msg 3) For every show I submit (Catalog or Cooking) I add a $1 4) For every recruit I sign I add $10

1. How can incentives make customer care calls easier?

Incentives can make customer care calls easier by providing a tangible benefit to the customer for taking the time to speak with you. This can make them more receptive to your call and open to discussing potential bookings or other business opportunities.

2. Do you have any tips for improving my customer care calls?

Some tips for improving customer care calls include practicing your script or talking points beforehand, using a friendly and conversational tone, and actively listening to the customer to better understand their needs and concerns.

3. What can I do if I am not naturally good at making phone calls?

If you struggle with making phone calls, you can try using a script or talking points to guide the conversation and make it more natural. You can also practice with a friend or family member to build confidence and improve your phone skills.

4. How important are customer care calls in the Pampered Chef business?

Customer care calls are an essential part of the Pampered Chef business as they allow you to connect with customers and potentially book future parties or events. They also provide an opportunity to gather feedback and address any concerns or issues the customer may have.

5. Is it possible to be successful in the Pampered Chef business without customer care calls?

While customer care calls can greatly benefit your business, they are not the only way to be successful in the Pampered Chef business. You can also utilize social media, in-person events, and other forms of communication to connect with customers and grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefHLM
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefHLM
  • riggs62
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • KrisGio