• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Arrggh....when Is the Latest You Call a Customer?

In summary, this expert summarizer feels stupid after reaching out to a customer to ask how they're liking their product, only to be interrupted by the customer in bed. The expert offers some tips on how to improve one's customer care skills, including setting aside an hour each week to call customers.
Chef Mary Rose
I feel so stupid...Tonight I decided I finally was going to get serious about doing my Customer Care calls. I had a teleclass at 9 PM but for some reason, the teleclass leader didn't show. (eep!) So I'm sitting there, waiting, thinking, "I could be calling people right now!"

Finally, I hung up the phone at 9:08 PM and started my calls. I had an answering machine and then I reached the next lady. Here I am, asking how she's liking her food chopper, asking questions, heading toward explaining host benefits when she interrupts me (nicely) to let me know she's already in bed. At 9:15 PM.

EEEK!! I felt so embarrassed! I usually do ask people if it's a good time to talk but for some reason I didn't do that with this lady. :eek:

I'm in my first Super Starter month and it's been hard. I know phone calls are key but between me getting home, cooking dinner, then trying to get on the phone in the midst of other people calling us - is very frustrating.

I needed to vent, so thanks for listening. And if you have any good tips for doing your customer calls, let me know. At this moment, I feel like a complete idiot...

Maybe you could just try to set aside an hour once a week? It's not alot but it's better than trying to cram them in at odd hours. I have the opposite problem. Other than PC I'm a SAHM and it seems I am forever trying to make my CCC during the day and everyone is at work.

I don't ever call past 9....and usually even not past 8:30. I don't like to get calls after 9 or 9:30 since my kids are in bed, so I figure most people are that way too. Now if someone tells me it's ok, I will call at that time! Some people rather talk once they can't be interrupted by the kids! I try to ask them the best time to call when I see them at the show, then you can write in on their survey slips or something.

I never call past 9:00 unless the host has specifically requested it. Also, always ask "is this a good time?" or "do you have a few minutes to talk?", that way you don't have the case where they interrupt you to tell you they're in bed!

I never call past 9-9:15 p.m. (unless I have permission) and always ask if it's a good time or when would be a better time to call them back.

I work and have a family so when I get home I have to make dinner and do all the mommy things but I have set aside the time from 7-8 to make my calls because at 8 I am back in mommy mode trying to get my kids to bed. Then I do my paperwork after the kids go to bed and before I go to bed. I don't know if that helps you at all or not but it is just a thought. Also my director gave me some good tips on how to keep your young kids occupied when my husband is not home by 7 to help me, the ideas are things like sit the kids down with playdough or coloring books to keep there attention off you being busy and on to something else.:p

Door prize slipsAt every show I let everyone know that I will be calling a few days after they get their products to touch base on how their products are working for them and to answer any questions they might have.
I ask them to write on their door prize slip a time or time and day that is the best time I can reach them either at home, work or on their cell.

Some of my customers prefer to get their calls while they are waiting to pick up their kids from school in the parking lot.

This saves me alot of time and keeps me from havnig to leave so many messages. I usually talk to every one of my customers, but of course there are times when some people just can't get to the phone but I usually get a call back that day or the next.

Debbie :D

I know exactly how you feel. When I started I felt so weird calling people, especially when I talked to the at the show. But, it helps if you just set out a day and a time to call after 7pm but before 9pm has been a good time for me. I give my kids my folders to restock from the previous show or if your kids are too young give them flyers to color for you. My kids like it and my guests love the colored flyers. Hope this helps.

I called a customer last night and she was in bed at 8:20. I felt horrible

I too never call past 9pm, and that isn't just for customers that's family/friends too.

What happens in our house is Sundays from 8pm-9pm and Mondays from 7pm-9pm is "mummy phone time". Basically my hubby takes care of our son while I lock myself in either the bedroom or the car and make calls. Dishes/cleaning etc wait until after I'm done (or even until the next morning)...at the end of the day cleaning up after dinner doesn't earn me any money but making calls will!

Ah Mary Rose, don't be so down on yourself for this. It just shows your excitement and go getter attitude. You sound like my dh who is such a hard worker that he often doesn't think about time when making phone calls.

I don't call past nine unless someone says it's best. My director is easiest to get a hold of after 9 unless I call her cell phone.

When someone goes to bed as early as 8, there's no way you could know, just apologize and let her/him know that you've got that down in your notes so you don't forget when you make your next cc call to them.

Kris

Heh... I called a lady at 8:25 last night and was told by her husband that she was already in bed. Now that's a little early, I think!

Not when you have to go to work at 5 in the morning like we do.

chefmelody said:
Heh... I called a lady at 8:25 last night and was told by her husband that she was already in bed. Now that's a little early, I think!

In my case, the lady I was calling had just tested positive for cervical cancer and she is pregnant so I am sure she is wiped out.

My rule is never past 9 pm and Always ask if it is a good time. If someone sounds real tired or like they do not feel good I always ask if it would be better to call them in a few days . People really appreciate that. I know sometimes if I do not feel well or am just wiped out I will leave hubby in charge and go to bed as early as 8 or 8:30.
I have caught some people at bad times. I just say Sory and can I call you another time? What day/time is best for you?

thats my $.02

now dont forget because of daylight saving time you might call to early

i called somone last week at 9:25 she started screaming telling me i'll never buy that i was rude for the call . She was going to host a show . Iblew that one . Hey i thought it was much earlier

1. When is the latest I can call a customer for an order?

The latest you should call a customer for an order is typically around 8-9 PM in the evening. This allows the customer enough time to make a decision before the end of the day.

2. Can I call a customer after 9 PM for an order?

It is generally considered courteous to not call a customer after 9 PM. It is best to respect their personal time and wait until the next day to reach out.

3. What if a customer specifically requests a late call?

If a customer specifically requests a late call, it is up to your personal discretion. However, it is always best to respect their time and try to schedule the call for the following day.

4. Is there a specific time frame for when I should call a customer?

There is no specific time frame for when you should call a customer. However, it is generally recommended to call during reasonable hours, such as between 9 AM and 9 PM.

5. Can I call a customer on a weekend for an order?

It is generally recommended to not call a customer on a weekend for an order. Weekends are typically considered personal time for most people, and it is important to respect that. However, if a customer specifically requests a weekend call, it is up to your discretion to accommodate their request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mandak
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies