• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling Guests First or Sending Postcards First

P
pamidol
What works best for your hosts... calling guests first then sending a reminder postcard later, or sending postcards first and waiting to hear from invitees?

Before I became a consultant, I hosted a show and sent the postcards first and then called everyone! I had 15 people show up to my party and had $800 in sales. But I did everything my host packet told me to do! What a geek! :)

I haven't really noticed a difference in attendance whether they call before or after invites are sent out but the Have to call!!!

You can tell imediately when a host has not done this. They feel like calling is pushy or intrusive but the fact is that most people do not pay much attention to the invite alone.

I host coach for them to call everyone before the invites are sent out just to let them know that they are coming or to personally hand them out then to still call a couple of days before to remind their guests one more time and get definate yes or nos. The invitations are esentially useless without the personal touch.

Some hostesses just refuse to make those calls but they almost always end up dissapointed after the show.

I encourage my hosts to make that first call when they know the guests will not be home and leave a fun message. This helps them feel like they do not have to get wrapped up in conversations and spend a lot of time on the phone. Of course the reminder call should be to a live person so that they can get an answer on if that person will be attendng or not.

I offer to make the "night before" calls for my hosts. They just have to provide me with the names and #'s. I do this because sometimes they might be too busy to make the calls or they might feel too pushy like you guys mentioned. Inevitably the ones who have me make phone calls for them have better shows than the ones who don't want me to call and don't call themselves. If I get a machine I leave a message reminding them of the time and place of the show and I tell them I can't wait to meet them at the show.

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I have found that the most successful approach is to call guests first and then follow up with a reminder postcard. This allows for a more personal and direct invitation, and also gives you the opportunity to answer any questions or address any concerns your guests may have. Plus, a phone call can often be more effective in getting a response from invitees compared to a postcard. However, sending postcards as a follow-up can also be beneficial in case some guests may have missed your initial call. Ultimately, a combination of both approaches can be effective in ensuring a successful and well-attended event. Best of luck with your hosting!

1. What is the purpose of calling guests first or sending postcards first?

The purpose of calling guests first or sending postcards first is to remind your hosts of the upcoming event and to ensure that they have all the necessary information and details. It also serves as a way to confirm their attendance and to get a headcount for planning purposes.

2. Is it better to call guests first or send postcards first?

There is no definitive answer to this question as it ultimately depends on your hosts and their preferences. Some hosts may prefer a reminder call, while others may prefer a postcard. It's best to ask your hosts which method they prefer and go with that option.

3. Which option has a higher response rate?

It is difficult to determine which option has a higher response rate as it can vary depending on the specific event and the guests involved. However, generally speaking, a personal phone call may have a higher response rate as it allows for direct communication and a chance to address any questions or concerns.

4. Can I use both methods for maximum effectiveness?

Yes, using both methods can be an effective strategy. You can start by calling guests first and then following up with a postcard as a reminder. This way, you cover all bases and increase the chances of getting a response from your invitees.

5. How far in advance should I call or send postcards?

The timing of your reminder calls or postcards will depend on the event date and the urgency of the invitation. Generally, it is best to send the first reminder at least 2-3 weeks before the event, and then follow up with a second reminder a week before the event. However, for more time-sensitive events, it may be necessary to send reminders closer to the event date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vhadley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • PampChefJoy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • luvs2cook