• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Send Invites for the Host or Not?

In summary, mailing invitations oneself saves money, and offers more direct contact with the person invited.
Cape_PC
Can I get some input from some veteran people regarding sending invites for the host as opposed to having the host mail them? What works best?

I always send all mailed invites. I just pay the shipping and deduct it on my taxes. I just feel better knowing when they got sent and in a timely manner. Jenny

My director sent me this in an email:

Want Better Results from your Catalog Shows?

Get an invitation list from your Catalog Show Hosts - guests can be invited from anywhere in the U.S.

Set up a Show on your web site for your Host.

Send Fall or Holiday Mini Catalogs (needs first-class stamp). Enclose an insert "Inviting" the Guest to Participate in the Show with directions how to get to the web-site to see the full catalog, or simply shop from the Mini! Also include info about the guest bonus.

Consultants who have tried this have seen fewer "no-show" catalog shows and those shows are averaging $500-600!!

I thought this could be used by all of us in CS.

40 invites for a cooking show is $10.80 if you use the postcard invitations.
40 invited for a cooking show is $16.80 if you use the mini catalogs as your invites.
The difference is $6 plus the cost of the mini catalogs, but if you are able to get more people to order who cannot attend it could be worth it.

I'm new- and have not had the opportunity to offer this service yet with no shows booked- but this is my take on the idea:In today's day and age of "I don't have Time." or "I don't want to spend the money on postage" excuses, offering this 'service' eliminates that problem. And it gives you more direct contact with the person you are inviting- so even if they don't come to the party, they may have your contact information in hand for the future.

I think I'm going to do this starting with my November shows... one question. Do you then give the host more mini-cats or just postcard invites to hand deliver to people?Plus, don't forget to add the cost of the mini-cats (approx $5 for 40)

I too send the invites for my hosts. They always seem to be a bit relieved by me doing it for them. Plus I also offer to make reminder phone calls for them. I like to know when the invites go out along with how many. It's piece of mind to me. I also offer "free cooking shows" quite a bit too where I purchase the ingredients. By doing that I can do any prep work at home and then take it to the show with me. I enjoy going the "extra mile" for my hosts, but it what works better for you.

I always send the invites. I have everyone in P3 that way and when they order I can bring them up easily and just add a phone number.

You can claim the stamps on taxes at the end of the year.

I started in March and I love it. I just require them to get me their guest list before I send their host packet. I'm going to start getting stricter on a deadline for the guest list. The biggest thing is that I almost always know when I don't have a show because I never got a guest list! Usually you finally get a hold of the host a day or two before the party when she tells you that she never sent the invites. Plus I know when they went out and how many went out. I am going to start doing the mini catalogs for the holiday season and see how that goes. I did hear about sending invites for a catalog show, I really like that and will start doing that too.

I do not send them out, my host do. A lot of my host hand theirs out personally.

I started mailing the invitations for my hosts when I had a host tell me she mailed them a week before the show, only to find out she never mailed anything and no one was coming. I found this out the night before the show. Ever since then, I mail them myself. I ask them for a guest list and I have a template I use for that and then I mail the invitations 10 days before the show. I don't send them a hostess packet until I receive the guest list. I've lost too many catalogs, OOF, flyers, etc. by giving the host a packet when she books a show. I figure that once the invitations go out that she'll more than likely hold the show and not cancel knowing she has people coming to her house.

pamperedcheermom said:
I started mailing the invitations for my hosts when I had a host tell me she mailed them a week before the show, only to find out she never mailed anything and no one was coming. I found this out the night before the show. Ever since then, I mail them myself. I ask them for a guest list and I have a template I use for that and then I mail the invitations 10 days before the show. I don't send them a hostess packet until I receive the guest list. I've lost too many catalogs, OOF, flyers, etc. by giving the host a packet when she books a show. I figure that once the invitations go out that she'll more than likely hold the show and not cancel knowing she has people coming to her house.

AND, I've started calling the guests myself with the reminder calls. I've had too many hosts tell me they didn't have time or they forgot, etc.

wadesgirl said:
I started in March and I love it. I just require them to get me their guest list before I send their host packet. I'm going to start getting stricter on a deadline for the guest list. The biggest thing is that I almost always know when I don't have a show because I never got a guest list! Usually you finally get a hold of the host a day or two before the party when she tells you that she never sent the invites. Plus I know when they went out and how many went out. I am going to start doing the mini catalogs for the holiday season and see how that goes. I did hear about sending invites for a catalog show, I really like that and will start doing that too.

I usually do give a deadline on the guest list, within about 9 days at the LATEST. Now, my problem at the moment is I have a show scheduled for next Sat and I have NOT gotten the guest list yet, what should I do???
Offer to do a catalog show? I have a feeling she will say she got too busy and she will just "tell everyone" about the party, but this show is an hour away and I DO NOT want to get stuck! Advice please!

I DON"T send out the Hosts Invitations to Guests. If I was more organized I probably would.

jrstephens said:
I do not send them out, my host do. A lot of my host hand theirs out personally.
I send 5-10 invites in their host packet so they can hand them out also. I tell all my hosts to carry the invites with them at all times so they can hand one if they see someone they forgot. Or if they remembered an address after sending me their list they can do it themselves.

chefsteph07 said:
I usually do give a deadline on the guest list, within about 9 days at the LATEST. Now, my problem at the moment is I have a show scheduled for next Sat and I have NOT gotten the guest list yet, what should I do???
Offer to do a catalog show? I have a feeling she will say she got too busy and she will just "tell everyone" about the party, but this show is an hour away and I DO NOT want to get stuck! Advice please!
I usually call them and say "Your party is this Saturday and I have not received your guest list yet. If you have personally invited your guests, then the show will still be on. If you need to reschedule or change to a catalog show, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can plan accordingly." If I still do not hear from them, I assume the show is not on. If they do not respect me enough to return my phone call, my time is more important to me!

OMG, I am so mad right now I could spit nails! What would you all do in this situation and with this email??? The first one is from my host that I just wrote about...I have not gotten her list after telling her from DAY ONE that I mail out the invites! I feel like I am totally being bullied!!!
I need advice asap as to how to approach this woman! Oh man!!!

Stephanie:
We need to operate a little differently for this party and demo. I'd like to send pass out the invitations so please send them to me with a few catalogs. There were two apple dishes and a chicken recipe that I have considered. Do you have a limit to the dishes that you prepare?

Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:42:30 -0700

Hi Barb, how are you coming along w/ your guest list? I would very much like to send them out at the latest by Wednesday so I can get them out in a timely manner. I hope you are telling your friends and family about the party...Have you made a decision on what you would like me to demo? I would like to send out your catalogs, but I don't do that until I have a guest list verification from you. Thank you! Stephanie

Stephanie Scavnicky Independent Consultant/The Pampered Chef

wadesgirl said:
I send 5-10 invites in their host packet so they can hand them out also. I tell all my hosts to carry the invites with them at all times so they can hand one if they see someone they forgot. Or if they remembered an address after sending me their list they can do it themselves.

I usually call them and say "Your party is this Saturday and I have not received your guest list yet. If you have personally invited your guests, then the show will still be on. If you need to reschedule or change to a catalog show, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can plan accordingly." If I still do not hear from them, I assume the show is not on. If they do not respect me enough to return my phone call, my time is more important to me!

chefsteph07 said:
OMG, I am so mad right now I could spit nails! What would you all do in this situation and with this email??? The first one is from my host that I just wrote about...I have not gotten her list after telling her from DAY ONE that I mail out the invites! I feel like I am totally being bullied!!!
I need advice asap as to how to approach this woman! Oh man!!!

Stephanie:
We need to operate a little differently for this party and demo. I'd like to send pass out the invitations so please send them to me with a few catalogs. There were two apple dishes and a chicken recipe that I have considered. Do you have a limit to the dishes that you prepare?

Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Barb, how are you coming along w/ your guest list? I would very much like to send them out at the latest by Wednesday so I can get them out in a timely manner. I hope you are telling your friends and family about the party...Have you made a decision on what you would like me to demo? I would like to send out your catalogs, but I don't do that until I have a guest list verification from you. Thank you! Stephanie

I wouldn't be angry...if she says she wants to hand them out personally, then let her hand them out personally. I offer to mail the invites for my hosts, but I don't require it. I just had a host do this - she handed out the 10 that were in her packet, and then asked for 20 more, plus a couple more catalogs (I don't require a guest list before I give the host packet). She had 10 people at her show, and I got 3 bookings.

I try to work with my host to handle the show the way SHE wants to do it. I would say about 75% of the time I mail out the invites, but occasionally, I get a host who wants to hand out/mail them herself. I usually know this because when I call to ask for the guest list, they will ask for more invitations. So I say let her do what she wants to do. It's not being bullied, it's working with your host.

Some people are just control freaks. You basically have two choices here - do it her way and hope you have a great turn-out or risk ticking her off and cancelling the show. Maybe email her back that you do this for your hosts because they really appreciate the fact that they are not using their prescious time filling out all the postcards and paying for the postage. I'd send her as many invites as she asks for and tell her to keep track of her RSVPs. Have you offered your PWS for evites? I have several hosts who prefer evites and it works out pretty good.

Good luck.....and keep your fingers crossed!

I guess I just dont like the tone of the first line..I tell her how I do things and she tells me "we need to operate a little differently for this..."...I mean, come on...

chefsteph07 said:
I guess I just dont like the tone of the first line..I tell her how I do things and she tells me "we need to operate a little differently for this..."...I mean, come on...

I wouldn't have liked it either. Make her happy and hopefully she will have a great show for you.

chefsteph07 said:

Don't judge tone by an email - you don't really know...and you don't know why she wants to operate differently, either. Maybe you should call and talk to her?

hee hee - she might think you are being a control freak too.....actually, I might feel that way if I wasn't even allowed to have catalogs......

Remember - she is your host, and has given you the honor of booking and asking you into her home - that can be a scary prospect for some people, and she may feel she needs to have a little control over how people are invited.

Ok, you guys are right...I'll do things the way SHE wants to do it and I hope it is worth it! Ugh! I AM a control freak! :D

I've been sending them out for my hosts too and it works great for me b/c I know they've been sent out. I cannot wait to promote doing online catlog shows and sending out the mini catty's to out of state'ers.:) I just need my website now lol.

chefsteph07 said:
Ok, you guys are right...I'll do things the way SHE wants to do it and I hope it is worth it! Ugh! I AM a control freak! :D

Me too a little bit....and I was a very reluctant host when I hosted a PC show - I didn't want to and only did it to help out a friend who had become a consultant....I try not to forget the fear I had about hosting a show-I think it helps me relate better to my hosts!

she probably just wants to do things her way and she is the hostess so I can understand her points.. its hard to tell what kind of tone they have from online though

That's fine, I caved and told her whatever she wanted to do was fine..
I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt like it has in the past!

I have been sending the invites for my hosts for years and have very, very few cancelations. I do not give them a host packet until I recieve their guest list. At the show they book from, they get a SASE and the guest list. I tell them I must have the list filled in its entirty by ______ date (usually within 5 days of the show we are at). This reserves their date for them and gets them their host packet (which I intend to start giving in person) with the catalogs, order forms, and about 10 invitations. I have had no complaints all these years and have many repeat hosts.
Yes, it is their show, but it is your business and you get to choose how to run it. There will be a learning curve at first because so many people are used to having to send the invites themselves, but it will turn around and soon, no one will even remember they used to do that!
I also use postcalls to make the reminder calls for my hosts and that has increased attendance at all of my shows since I started using it September 1!

chefsteph07 said:

Email is a funny thing... it is so hard to read emotion, and we need to try not to. Honestly (and I do not mean to attack or sound harsh) but If I received the email you sent this host it would have ticked me off the way it was worded. BUT that is just how I I read it. It to me comes accross pushy and demanding. I totally understand being frustrated beyond all reason with some of these hosts. That is when I am extra careful with my wording in am email. Many times (especially if I am frustrated with someone) I will have DH read over a msg. before I send it out. He lets me know If I am on thrack or not.

I hope this helps and that this show works out great for you. I enjoy your posts and views on many topics. I in no way mean to offend!

chefmeg said:
I have been sending the invites for my hosts for years and have very, very few cancelations. I do not give them a host packet until I recieve their guest list. At the show they book from, they get a SASE and the guest list. I tell them I must have the list filled in its entirty by ______ date (usually within 5 days of the show we are at). This reserves their date for them and gets them their host packet (which I intend to start giving in person) with the catalogs, order forms, and about 10 invitations. I have had no complaints all these years and have many repeat hosts.
Yes, it is their show, but it is your business and you get to choose how to run it. There will be a learning curve at first because so many people are used to having to send the invites themselves, but it will turn around and soon, no one will even remember they used to do that!
I also use postcalls to make the reminder calls for my hosts and that has increased attendance at all of my shows since I started using it September 1!

I do this too.

I want to start doing the calls thing but am having a hard time getting the PH#'s from the host. Any tips on this?

I send out a mini catalog with the printable invite from CC. I ask them to bring the mini catalog back and if they do they get extra tickets in the drawing at the show.

redsoxgirl said:
I send out a mini catalog with the printable invite from CC. I ask them to bring the mini catalog back and if they do they get extra tickets in the drawing at the show.

Gosh, I love this idea, but doesn't it cost a bunch?! And do you print out at home or at a copy center?

I print one at home, bring it to work and then make copies. I also put the monthly guest special on the back of the invite so people know what they're shopping towards!

It's not terribly expensive. Yeah, it costs a few bucks, but I feel that it's worth it.

I want to share this email from a host who has a show the middle of November. I was planning on sending her host packet next Monday.
When I first met her (through a fundraiser) I thought she was very demanding....what we call an EGR (extra grace required) person. She would ask me for extra catalogs, wanted me to bring everything I owned, wanted me to do 3 recipes, etc.....
That was 4 years ago. She has become not only a wonderful host, but also a friend, and a real cheerleader for me in my business. She gives me referrals and extra business all the time - one time, she passed on an email about the outlet, and it resulted in a $300 order....
Her shows are always in the $700-$1000 range, and I have had some great shows booked from hers, and one of my consultants on my team came from my relationship with her.
I'm sharing the email, because I just wanted to show first, what can happen when you mail the invites for your host (She LOVES that I do this for her) and also what can happen when, instead of demanding that everything be done your way - you work with your host and allow her to have some control over her show. Oh - and there is a reason she was so controlling - a very bad experience with another consultant (to the point of sexual harassment) and at first, she only wanted to do a catalog show, because she never wanted a PC consultant in her house again...and neither did her friends. (It was bad, and HO actually got involved) It took a while for her to trust me...and I worked hard to build that trust - but the benefits have been priceless!
It's all in our attitude! We can look at those harder to please hosts as a pain in the neck (which I'm sure gets conveyed to them w/o words) or we can accept the challenge of doing everything we can to make their show a GREAT experience for them.....I think that if I had insisted we do everything my way when I did that first show, I wouldn't have the great relationship I have now.
The funniest part of this story...is that this host doesn't even cook! Her friends always tease her about her PC Stash that never gets used!:D
(and I talk to her about being a consultant on a regular basis - she says she doesn't want to work.)

Hi Becky,

Is there anyway to get some catalogs and order forms sent out fast to me by next friday Oct 17th???? I have a big order but need catalogs and order forms to complete.

I have a big overnight scrapbook weekend at Cxxxx's house and people are interested in Pampered Chef that can not attend. So I would like to bring it with me to get outside orders. So any way you can do that for me. I have to be at her house by Friday at 6pm Oct 17.

I will send you some addresses and we will try to make this a big event.

I am so glad you are my consultant.

take care and thanks
M.

ChefBeckyD said:
I want to share this email from a host who has a show the middle of November. I was planning on sending her host packet next Monday.
When I first met her (through a fundraiser) I thought she was very demanding....what we call an EGR (extra grace required) person. She would ask me for extra catalogs, wanted me to bring everything I owned, wanted me to do 3 recipes, etc.....
That was 4 years ago. She has become not only a wonderful host, but also a friend, and a real cheerleader for me in my business. She gives me referrals and extra business all the time - one time, she passed on an email about the outlet, and it resulted in a $300 order....
Her shows are always in the $700-$1000 range, and I have had some great shows booked from hers, and one of my consultants on my team came from my relationship with her.
I'm sharing the email, because I just wanted to show first, what can happen when you mail the invites for your host (She LOVES that I do this for her) and also what can happen when, instead of demanding that everything be done your way - you work with your host and allow her to have some control over her show. Oh - and there is a reason she was so controlling - a very bad experience with another consultant (to the point of sexual harassment) and at first, she only wanted to do a catalog show, because she never wanted a PC consultant in her house again...and neither did her friends. (It was bad, and HO actually got involved) It took a while for her to trust me...and I worked hard to build that trust - but the benefits have been priceless!
It's all in our attitude! We can look at those harder to please hosts as a pain in the neck (which I'm sure gets conveyed to them w/o words) or we can accept the challenge of doing everything we can to make their show a GREAT experience for them.....I think that if I had insisted we do everything my way when I did that first show, I wouldn't have the great relationship I have now.
The funniest part of this story...is that this host doesn't even cook! Her friends always tease her about her PC Stash that never gets used!:D
(and I talk to her about being a consultant on a regular basis - she says she doesn't want to work.)

Hi Becky,

Is there anyway to get some catalogs and order forms sent out fast to me by next friday Oct 17th???? I have a big order but need catalogs and order forms to complete.

I have a big overnight scrapbook weekend at Cxxxx's house and people are interested in Pampered Chef that can not attend. So I would like to bring it with me to get outside orders. So any way you can do that for me. I have to be at her house by Friday at 6pm Oct 17.

I will send you some addresses and we will try to make this a big event.

I am so glad you are my consultant.

take care and thanks
M.

It's so wonderful to get compliments!!

I had my own EGR host. She's the one that I changed my business because of and started sending the invites. She rescheduled twice at the beginning of the year, both times within a week of her party. I finally got stern with her and told her that she needed to respect my business and either needed to hold her next show or I would find another consultant for her to work with. She rebooked for 4 months down the road which I figured she just said so that she could put me off longer. I started sending my invites after that. 1 month before her show, I called told her that I would be sending her a guest list. To my surprise she was all about the show! She ended up having a $700 show with 2 bookings. Plus she's been a loyal customer ever since!

etteluap70PC said:
Email is a funny thing... it is so hard to read emotion, and we need to try not to. Honestly (and I do not mean to attack or sound harsh) but If I received the email you sent this host it would have ticked me off the way it was worded. BUT that is just how I I read it. It to me comes accross pushy and demanding. I totally understand being frustrated beyond all reason with some of these hosts. That is when I am extra careful with my wording in am email. Many times (especially if I am frustrated with someone) I will have DH read over a msg. before I send it out. He lets me know If I am on thrack or not.

I hope this helps and that this show works out great for you. I enjoy your posts and views on many topics. I in no way mean to offend!

I am not offended, but can I ask why it sounded pushy and demanding? This party is NEXT Sat and we scheduled it over a month ago, so I've been very nice and understanding for the guest list but I have been antsy wondering what was going on since it's next weekend. This was about the 5th email regarding a guest list, which is why I stated I hoped she was telling her friends and family about it.

I didn't get the impression it was a pushy email at all, Steph.

I do think we should be able to work our business how we choose and not let our hosts demand we do certain things for them BUT we do have to be flexible. Always remember that they are inviting you into their HOME and that there are plent yof other consultants out there that they could use!

Meg, I agree w/ you on this and that is why I gave in and told her I would do what she wanted. I guess what really tweeked me was the fact that over a month ago I informed her of the invites that I do and she just waits till yesterday to let me know she wanted to do them herself. I guess if she had told me that from the beginning I would have been better about it and less pestering.

Get this though, after giving in and telling her I would do what she wanted, she gave me an invite list this afternoon w/ about 20 names to mail out and 10 to email! ARGH!!! Ok, breathe, relax, be calm Steph...LOL

I love building relationships that last with my hosts, and yes, some of them I call my friends! I have met some great people, hosts and consultants alike, through PC and I am so grateful for that! I try to make every experience w PC a wonderful one for everyone involved.

chefsteph07 said:
Meg, I agree w/ you on this and that is why I gave in and told her I would do what she wanted. I guess what really tweeked me was the fact that over a month ago I informed her of the invites that I do and she just waits till yesterday to let me know she wanted to do them herself. I guess if she had told me that from the beginning I would have been better about it and less pestering.

Get this though, after giving in and telling her I would do what she wanted, she gave me an invite list this afternoon w/ about 20 names to mail out and 10 to email! ARGH!!! Ok, breathe, relax, be calm Steph...LOL

I love building relationships that last with my hosts, and yes, some of them I call my friends! I have met some great people, hosts and consultants alike, through PC and I am so grateful for that! I try to make every experience w PC a wonderful one for everyone involved.

That's wonderful!

I have a few questions on this topic:
* How many of you who send out the invites for the Host work fulltime and how do you manage to fit it all in?
* How do you handle it if they only give you 10-15 names?
* Do you make up your own guest list or order them from the Supply form?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am just trying to figure how to add one more thing to my hectic schedule :)

redsoxgirl said:

What printable invite on CC?

And how do you put an invite in with the mini-cat? Do you put it all in an envelope? Tape the catalog closed? I'm intrigued but confused at the same time.

cochef said:
* How many of you who send out the invites for the Host work fulltime and how do you manage to fit it all in?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am just trying to figure how to add one more thing to my hectic schedule :)

I work full time and send out my invites. I normally just do it at the end of the night before I go to bed and then the PO is only a block from where I work so I drop them off the next morning.

I encourage more names if they send a small guest list. I also put on the invites "Bring a friend or outside order, get a free gift". I send some extra invites for them to hand out.

I have my own guest list that I got off here.

wadesgirl said:
I work full time and send out my invites. I normally just do it at the end of the night before I go to bed and then the PO is only a block from where I work so I drop them off the next morning.

I encourage more names if they send a small guest list. I also put on the invites "Bring a friend or outside order, get a free gift". I send some extra invites for them to hand out.

I have my own guest list that I got off here.

I don't work full time outside the home....but this is how I do it too. Invites are done either last thing at night, or sometimes early morning - when I don't have a 4 yr old crawling all over me.

cochef said:
Do you make up your own guest list or order them from the Supply form?
Here is an option for you if you don't want to purchase them from the Supply form.

Print it front and back.

Attachments

• guest list name phone email.doc
    255 KB · Views: 381
I work full time, although out right now with 2 herniated discs, but even then I would send out the invites. I make my own up or I have gotten some either off of here or from Outward Image I bought when I first started. I also email this invitation to the Host so she has the same invitation to pass out at work/gym whatever. When I mail them I also send the mini catalog and also with note on invite to return the cat for extra tickets towards prize. When I was working I would just drop off at the outside drop box outside the post office. Sometimes I had to be to work at 4 a.m. so was very convenient just to make a swing in the parking lot and drop it off.

I give out a guest list of 50 for them to fill out. I tell them they will get a gift at their party if completed within 3 days. That's the SB that they pass around and sign for the host.

tlag1986 said:
cochef said:
Do you make up your own guest list or order them from the Supply form?
Here is an option for you if you don't want to purchase them from the Supply form.

Print it front and back.

Lisa! this form is GREAT! Thank you!

cochef said:

* I do work FT at another job. I usually stuff the envelopes at night in front of the tv. Doesn't take much time.
* I ask them to send me 40 and explain why, but I take what they give me.
* I usually ask people to email me their guest list. If it's an actual list on paper, I have the ones from the Supply form, but I don't like them at all and end up either making labels on the computer or hand write the addresses.

KristinS said:
And how do you put an invite in with the mini-cat? Do you put it all in an envelope? Tape the catalog closed? I'm intrigued but confused at the same time.
I tri-fold the invite and pit it and the mini catalog in an envelope. Only costs a regular stamp.

If you go to the Consultant's Corner > Products & Recipes > Theme Cooking Shows > pick the show you're doing and there's an option called Printable Show Invitation. It's a PDF file that you can plug info in to.
If you're doing a recipe other than one listed there, just pick the invite that goes best with it.

cochef said:

I can't say that I work full-time out of Pampered Chef, PTA president, several committees at church, care for elderly parents, workout 3 times a week.....;)
I have used both an email version of the guest list and the one from supply order~I prefer an email version because SH made me a MailMerge file that I can just copy & paste info into and print the invites on my printer.

It is totally worth sending the invites & making the reminder calls~since I started doing this, my show average has gone up $200!!!!

Thank you all for the great ideas. I think I will have to just jump in and give it a try and reap the benefits -hopefully as good as some I read about!

Fluffy215 said:
I work full time, although out right now with 2 herniated discs, but even then I would send out the invites. I make my own up or I have gotten some either off of here or from Outward Image I bought when I first started. I also email this invitation to the Host so she has the same invitation to pass out at work/gym whatever. When I mail them I also send the mini catalog and also with note on invite to return the cat for extra tickets towards prize. When I was working I would just drop off at the outside drop box outside the post office. Sometimes I had to be to work at 4 a.m. so was very convenient just to make a swing in the parking lot and drop it off.

I give out a guest list of 50 for them to fill out. I tell them they will get a gift at their party if completed within 3 days. That's the SB that they pass around and sign for the host.

Love this idea!

redsoxgirl said:
* I do work FT at another job. I usually stuff the envelopes at night in front of the tv. Doesn't take much time.
* I ask them to send me 40 and explain why, but I take what they give me.
* I usually ask people to email me their guest list. If it's an actual list on paper, I have the ones from the Supply form, but I don't like them at all and end up either making labels on the computer or hand write the addresses.

I tri-fold the invite and pit it and the mini catalog in an envelope. Only costs a regular stamp.

If you go to the Consultant's Corner > Products & Recipes > Theme Cooking Shows > pick the show you're doing and there's an option called Printable Show Invitation. It's a PDF file that you can plug info in to.
If you're doing a recipe other than one listed there, just pick the invite that goes best with it.

Exactly, it's not that hard to get them done in little time. I usually print all the invites out when I get the guest list and then handwrite the addresses in the night before they go in the mail.

I'm totally new and haven't even received my stuff yet. But..I was wondering do you ever send out e-mail invites? It seems like so many do things with e-mails these days. Does Pampered Chef?

<h2>1. Can I get some input from some veteran people regarding sending invites for the host as opposed to having the host mail them?</h2><p>Many veteran consultants have found that sending invites for the host is more effective in getting guests to attend the party. This is because the host can personalize the invites and add a personal touch, making guests feel more special and more likely to attend.</p><h2>2. What are the benefits of sending invites for the host instead of having the host mail them?</h2><p>Sending invites for the host allows you to control the quality and consistency of the invites. You can ensure that all the necessary information is included and that the design is eye-catching. It also saves the host time and effort, as you can handle the mailing process for them.</p><h2>3. Can I customize the invites for the host?</h2><p>Yes, you can customize the invites for the host by adding their name, party date, and location. You can also include a personal message from the host, which can help create a connection with the guests and increase attendance.</p><h2>4. How do I send invites for the host?</h2><p>You can send invites for the host by collecting their guest list and addresses, either through a physical list or through an online RSVP form. Once you have the information, you can create and mail the invitations on behalf of the host.</p><h2>5. What works best for maximizing attendance - sending invites for the host or having the host mail them?</h2><p>Based on experience and feedback from veteran consultants, sending invites for the host tends to work best for maximizing attendance. This is because it allows for personalization and saves the host time and effort. However, every consultant may have different experiences and strategies, so it's best to test and see what works best for your business.</p>

Related to Send Invites for the Host or Not?

1. Can I get some input from some veteran people regarding sending invites for the host as opposed to having the host mail them?

Many veteran consultants have found that sending invites for the host is more effective in getting guests to attend the party. This is because the host can personalize the invites and add a personal touch, making guests feel more special and more likely to attend.

2. What are the benefits of sending invites for the host instead of having the host mail them?

Sending invites for the host allows you to control the quality and consistency of the invites. You can ensure that all the necessary information is included and that the design is eye-catching. It also saves the host time and effort, as you can handle the mailing process for them.

3. Can I customize the invites for the host?

Yes, you can customize the invites for the host by adding their name, party date, and location. You can also include a personal message from the host, which can help create a connection with the guests and increase attendance.

4. How do I send invites for the host?

You can send invites for the host by collecting their guest list and addresses, either through a physical list or through an online RSVP form. Once you have the information, you can create and mail the invitations on behalf of the host.

5. What works best for maximizing attendance - sending invites for the host or having the host mail them?

Based on experience and feedback from veteran consultants, sending invites for the host tends to work best for maximizing attendance. This is because it allows for personalization and saves the host time and effort. However, every consultant may have different experiences and strategies, so it's best to test and see what works best for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Tonimabbott
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies