• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stupid Moment of the Day....hopefully the Month.....

In summary, the host received invitations for a show that was later postponed, and realized that the date and time were not printed on the invitations. She contacted the sender and found that the address was incorrect. The sender attempted to print new invitations, but forgot to add the date and time. The host was able to place a new label over the old one and still send the invitations.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
So today I get home and there is a message from my host for Dec 14th and she asks me to call her back because she has a question about the invitations I sent out for her- we just booked on Monday night and they went out yesterday. So I come to the computer to check the address and phone number before I call her to make sure I didn't make a mistake. Everything was right....so I call her up and while the phone is ringing I am again looking at the label..............just as she answers I see...............

I didn't put the DATE or TIME on the darn thing!!!!!:grumpy: I'm sending out "reminder" postcards with the correction admitting my mistake and offering a free Seasons best to anyone who brings the card to the show.

Thankfully she didn't have a huge guest list - never thought I'd say that!:eek:

I have to admit, this made me laugh! The scary thing is that I can see myself doing the same thing... Or putting in the new host's name but leaving the old host's contact info when I print them...

LOL!!!! Too funny!! I am sorry, but this is just too funny!!!

I needed that!!

I use a 4x4 label on mini catalogs to address them for my invites. I use 1/2 inch of the label to tape over the catalog to keep it closed during delivery. Well on one of my labels I printed it off and did not put the host, date, or time on it. Thank goodness I caught it and was able to place a new label over the wrong one.

tlag1986 said:
I use a 4x4 label on mini catalogs to address them for my invites. I use 1/2 inch of the label to tape over the catalog to keep it closed during delivery. Well on one of my labels I printed it off and did not put the host, date, or time on it. Thank goodness I caught it and was able to place a new label over the wrong one.

If you mail them that way do you have to use a regular stamp or can you use a postcard stamp. I have tried the minicatalogs twice now and want to give them a fair try before I decide whether to keep doing it or not. But the difference in postage is a little hard to swallow.

I thought a host's address was 1055 Plum St and that's what I kept sending her stuff to and sent out all her invites as. She called me one day and said it was 105 SOUTH Plum Street. When she wrote down her information, I saw the S for south as another 5! The only way she actually caught it was her DH is the postmaster in town! She didn't want to send out new invites so she just figured the people she invited knew where she lived anyway!

pcsharon1 said:
If you mail them that way do you have to use a regular stamp or can you use a postcard stamp. I have tried the minicatalogs twice now and want to give them a fair try before I decide whether to keep doing it or not. But the difference in postage is a little hard to swallow.

It takes a regular stamp, so far it seems to help with outside orders.

I like the idea of the minis for invites, thanks for sharing!

I have to admit, i keep coming and reading this thread for a laugh... hopefully i'm not laughing at you, but with you! I would totally do something like that!

I'm not offended at all - it seems to be how my luck is running lately. I had a show postpone less than 12 hours after I sent out her 41 invitations. I send out mini-cats as invites (and by the way, if you are sending your hosts invites for them make sure to address them to Suzy SoandSo and GUEST) for this show and include a coupon in all of them for a free Season's Best if they bring a friend or free shipping if they bring 2 friends and then I don't bother to tell them when to come. I'm on a roll like no other! But I'm not angry and if I was worried about being laughed at I wouldn't have posted this - it's definately laugh worthy.;)

Related to Stupid Moment of the Day....hopefully the Month.....

1. What exactly is "Stupid Moment of the Day"?

"Stupid Moment of the Day" is a fun game that we play to share silly or embarrassing moments with each other. It's a great way to bond and have a good laugh with friends and family.

2. How do you play "Stupid Moment of the Day"?

To play, each person takes turns sharing a funny or silly moment that happened to them. It can be something they did, said, or experienced. The rest of the group can then vote on the "stupidest" moment of the day. The person with the most votes wins the title of "Stupid Moment of the Day".

3. Can you give an example of a "Stupid Moment of the Day"?

Sure! One time, I accidentally put my phone in the fridge instead of my sandwich. It wasn't until lunchtime when I realized where my phone was and had to dig it out of the lunch bag to answer a call. It was definitely a "Stupid Moment of the Day" for me.

4. Is there a prize for winning "Stupid Moment of the Day"?

The only prize for winning is the title and bragging rights. It's all in good fun and there are no set prizes for winning. However, you can always come up with your own prizes to make the game more interesting.

5. Can kids play "Stupid Moment of the Day"?

Absolutely! "Stupid Moment of the Day" is a game for all ages and can be a great way to entertain kids and get them to share funny stories. Just make sure the content is appropriate for all ages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
crissy11
  • ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl