• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Coordinator - Holy Macaroni! Mailing Update

In summary, Carolyn received an email from the coordinator of a huge fundraiser asking for postcards. Carolyn printed up 400 cards and gave them to her. Carolyn got an email today asking for 500 more postcards. Carolyn is considering printing up some postcards and mailing them free of charge.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Ok - I really wanted to say HOLY SHIT but didn't want to put that in a thread title in case children were hovering...anyway - I got this email from the coordinator of the huge fundraiser I am doing - u know, the one who was sending out FOUR HUNDRED invitations...well, I printed up her 400 postcards and gave those to her and then I get this email today:

Carolyn,

HI! I haven’t heard from you since I left you a voice message the other day. We want to get the mailing out within the next week. I am leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks, returning 8 July 07. Please contact Kathy, who is on my board and is a great volunteer, regarding any Pampered Chef stuff. She and another member will be putting the mailing together. We need 500 more postcards as soon as you can get them to us. Kathy’s numbers are:

Home: xxx xxx-xxxx

Cell: xxx xxx-xxxx

Thanks again,

Jess

-----------------------------------------------------------------
:::::thud:::::::
anyone else have anymore outdated postcards they'd like to part with?
Oy vey!!!!

Goodness... 900 invites? Are you doing this as a live show or as an online and catalog show? That's fantastic, what group are you doing this for?

Wow. Sounds like one heck of a fund raiser! I don't have any postcards for you, but I do have a suggestion. Do you have any inactive consultants you can check with? I just had a gal, that has been inactive for almost a year, bring me all of her supplies. She had invites, lap boards, and all kinds of stuff. I kept what I needed and passed the rest on to my team. You never know, you might be able to round up some invites in a few phone calls.

dwyerkim said:
Goodness... 900 invites? Are you doing this as a live show or as an online and catalog show? That's fantastic, what group are you doing this for?

I am doing a live cooking show - she's got a microphone for me.
It's an animal rescue group.

Carolyn, I still have several i can send, just let me know!

Carolyn, I have some I can send. PM me an address. :)

dannyzmom said:
I am doing a live cooking show - she's got a microphone for me.
It's an animal rescue group.
Holy smokes, how many people do you think will show up? Whatever are you going to cook to serve them, or are you doing a demo and not worrying about feeding everyone?

Carolyn, WOW!

That said, why don't you print up something and print it at OfficeMax for 3/12 cents a copy? It would be a little more expensive to send.
Actually, if they are a nonprofit it will only be a few cents more to mail.

Holy cow sounds like one awsome fundraiser!!! My only consern is the cost for the postcards:eek: 900 in total is a ton and to mail out.....maybe we should think of some creative ways to help you get the word out other ways or at least think of ways to keep your costs down. Anybody have any ideas?:confused:

Good luck, I hope this turns out to be the biggest fundraiser on record;)

That's great, Carolyn!I just checked, and the only old invites I have are last season's theme show. Plus they have my "Can't come but want to order" stickers on them already.Have you thought about getting some free postcards from Vista Print? You can find a design with a dog on the front and have it be relevant to the event.

You forgot to say "Batman!!"

I'll see what I have Carolyn.. PM me an address to send to .

I have a TON of outdated postcards. The girl I signed under quit a few months ago and gave me a ton of supplies. Many of them are theme show invites, but I do have some generic. Let me know if you want them and I'll put them in the mail!

Tara

I also have quite a few if you would like them.

WOW! I don't have any or I'd be happy to help out.

I wish I had some... I just sold them to another consultant who preferred last season's design... I wish you the best of luck rounding that many up! May this be an amazing fundraiser!

dwyerkim said:
Holy smokes, how many people do you think will show up? Whatever are you going to cook to serve them, or are you doing a demo and not worrying about feeding everyone?

They did this fundraiser (my downline consultants did it) the last two years and they had about 50-60 people actually attend...the first year did $3000 in sales and the 2nd year did just under $2000. But this year they are inviting quite a few more ... and I am hoping to get the sales up to at least $4k

I will have lots of PC recipes already made and will demo a ring of some sort.

Sallie_M said:
Carolyn, WOW!

That said, why don't you print up something and print it at OfficeMax for 3/12 cents a copy? It would be a little more expensive to send.
Actually, if they are a nonprofit it will only be a few cents more to mail.

I made up a flyer and gave it to the gal in charge but she said she prefers the postcarsds (i think she's nuts). She is using the flyer to post around town and at local Vets and Kennels..but insists on the postcards for mailing :p

rennea said:
Holy cow sounds like one awsome fundraiser!!! My only consern is the cost for the postcards:eek: 900 in total is a ton and to mail out.....maybe we should think of some creative ways to help you get the word out other ways or at least think of ways to keep your costs down. Anybody have any ideas?:confused:

Good luck, I hope this turns out to be the biggest fundraiser on record;)

I agree - - that's why I am using old postcards rather than the current ones. Thankfully the group is paying their own postage. She just asked me to bring up the postacrds so I am printing them with the show info and my return address/website etc...then she is having her secretary address, stamp and mail them. So I have to get th eall printed up and mailed off to her ASAP...no time to get something printed up professionally - the event is i n3 weeks.

I've got four packs of very old ones that I can send you (from 2000 - 2003). email your address to me and I'll pop them in the mail on Monday. [email protected]

I hope you have an AWESOME fundraiser!

Linda

Holy Cow Carolyn!! I have 7 unopened packs of outdated invitations plus probably another 150. Please let me know if you want them!!

THANK YOU everyone!! I think enough of you are sending me invites this week that I should be able to get them printed and sent off and be ok (unless she emails again and asks for more - YIKES!) -- so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...you gals ROCK!

Let us know how it works out!!

I have only one word: WOW!

let me know if you need more. I have tons of old ones leftover.

Wow, that is amazing! I do have a bunch, let me know if you need more. My director was cleaning her office & gave me a sack full of them....

I didn't even know we had them!

I found 400 extra ones (Why?) - stuffed them in a 2 day envelope and sent them out yesterday - you "SHOULD" be OK - unless they invite the entire population of South America as well :eek: If you need more ~ let us know....

I have 6 packs of new ones I'd donate to the cause if you need them yet. I've been out of town and didn't see this until today.

Wow! What on earth do I say to someplace like the ARL to even get to do one of these fundraisers? I'm stumped on the approach ...

MomToEli said:
I have 6 packs of new ones I'd donate to the cause if you need them yet. I've been out of town and didn't see this until today.

Wow! What on earth do I say to someplace like the ARL to even get to do one of these fundraisers? I'm stumped on the approach ...

My mom is friends with this lady - the one who runs the local animal rescue group (Mom does wildlife rescue as well) and got us hooked up with this FR 3 years ago...God Bless Mom!!

Carolyn, I don't know why I couldn;t post individually ~ Wow, what a GREAT fundraiser! I have so many questions! lol.

* Will you share the cover letter you are sending with the catalog packets you will make?

* Is the show the send off for the catalog/web sales?

* What recipes will you already have made?

* What type of letter did you use originally to get them? I want to contact all the Animal shelters now. I love fundraisers! They are such feel good events! Good luck! Looks like you have enough invites. :)

its_me_susan said:
Carolyn, I don't know why I couldn;t post individually ~ Wow, what a GREAT fundraiser! I have so many questions! lol.

* Will you share the cover letter you are sending with the catalog packets you will make?

None - I am not sending out catalogs. This is being run just like a cooking show.

* Is the show the send off for the catalog/web sales?
The show is all there is. People are being invited - if they can't attend they can order online (info is on labels on the invites and is also on the flyers)
* What recipes will you already have made?
Haven't thought about that yet - LOL

* What type of letter did you use originally to get them? I want to contact all the Animal shelters now. I love fundraisers! They are such feel good events! Good luck! Looks like you have enough invites. :)
None - my mom is friends with the gal and set up the first FR 3 years ago when my Step-Dad was a consultant. The group was so pleased with the outcome they've made it an annual thing. He has since left the biz so it's rolled over to me.

I can't wait to hear how this goes!! I am soo excited for you!

Thank you SO much everyone who sent postcards - you all rock!
The mailman left 3 packages on my front stopp yesterday (I come in thru the garage so I didn't see them) and it rained all night. Thank God ya'll bagged them before packing them to ship. THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS!!

You are so welcome!! Glad I could help!!

glad to help!!!

Tara1021 said:
glad to help!!!

...and thanks for the sweet note you included Tara :).

When is this show? Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

katie0128 said:
When is this show? Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

It is on Sunday July 22nd

Hope it is HUGE! HUGE! HUGE!

legacypc46 said:
Hope it is HUGE! HUGE! HUGE!

I sure hope so. for the time, energy and $ I have already put into it - it'd better be ENORMOUS!

I can't wait to hear how great your FR was! I know it hasn't happened yet, but with all the invites you can't go wrong!:p

:p Mary:p

I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting to hear the numbers!!!

missydivine said:
I can't wait to hear how great your FR was! I know it hasn't happened yet, but with all the invites you can't go wrong!:p

:p Mary:p

That's what I am hoping but from what I am hearing from my mom about the last 2 years they did this - the sales have been $3000+ and just under $2000 the 2nd year -- a lot of people cmoe and just make a cash donation to the shelter rather than place an order...but the last 2 demos that were done for this FR were done by fairly new consultants so I am hoping my experience will help me to boost the sales haigher than they did - my goal is AT LEAST $4000

You might want to let them know that a cash donation is great, but if they purchase products they will have something to remind them of the great deed they did by helping out!

cmdtrgd said:
You might want to let them know that a cash donation is great, but if they purchase products they will have something to remind them of the great deed they did by helping out!

I am looking for good wording to use to get this point across during the demo. I also want to work in holiday shopping - I mean, I realize it's way early for that - but still...people can get a head start, right?

What if the cash donations (some or all - depending on the total) are used by the shelter to purchase PC items for the shelter - employee/volunteer break room supplies, SA for decorations (animal treats at front desk), suds pump in bathrooms, etc.? That way people can make the cash donation, but the center ends up with products AND a higher FR total.

katie0128 said:
What if the cash donations (some or all - depending on the total) are used by the shelter to purchase PC items for the shelter - employee/volunteer break room supplies, SA for decorations (animal treats at front desk), suds pump in bathrooms, etc.? That way people can make the cash donation, but the center ends up with products AND a higher FR total.

That's a great idea! I will talk to the chairwoman about this!!

dannyzmom said:
I am looking for good wording to use to get this point across during the demo. I also want to work in holiday shopping - I mean, I realize it's way early for that - but still...people can get a head start, right?

Can you play up the Christmas in July idea, or maybe even make it a theme? Ask the shelter to parade out a few of the puppies wearing santa hats, make something more traditionally "holiday" to eat, and maybe offer some kind of a Christmas in July special (like free small gift with $100+ order). Be kooky and wear a santa hat or something if that is your personality. You can tie that in with the fundraiser by stressing "the season of giving."

<h2>1. Can you provide more postcards for our fundraiser mailing?</h2><p>Yes, I can provide more postcards for your fundraiser mailing. Please let me know how many you need and when you need them by so I can make sure to have them ready for you.</p><h2>2. When do you need the mailing to be sent out?</h2><p>We would like to send out the mailing within the next week. Please let me know if you have a specific date in mind so I can make sure to have everything prepared in time.</p><h2>3. Can you put me in touch with someone who can handle the Pampered Chef materials?</h2><p>Yes, I can put you in touch with Kathy, a volunteer who is familiar with our Pampered Chef materials. She will be able to assist with putting together the mailing and answering any questions you may have.</p><h2>4. Can you provide me with Kathy's contact information?</h2><p>Yes, Kathy's home number is xxx xxx-xxxx and her cell number is xxx xxx-xxxx. Please feel free to reach out to her for any Pampered Chef related inquiries.</p><h2>5. Do you have any extra postcards that you can provide to us?</h2><p>I have already provided 400 postcards for your fundraiser mailing. If you need more, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate your request.</p>

1. Can you provide more postcards for our fundraiser mailing?

Yes, I can provide more postcards for your fundraiser mailing. Please let me know how many you need and when you need them by so I can make sure to have them ready for you.

2. When do you need the mailing to be sent out?

We would like to send out the mailing within the next week. Please let me know if you have a specific date in mind so I can make sure to have everything prepared in time.

3. Can you put me in touch with someone who can handle the Pampered Chef materials?

Yes, I can put you in touch with Kathy, a volunteer who is familiar with our Pampered Chef materials. She will be able to assist with putting together the mailing and answering any questions you may have.

4. Can you provide me with Kathy's contact information?

Yes, Kathy's home number is xxx xxx-xxxx and her cell number is xxx xxx-xxxx. Please feel free to reach out to her for any Pampered Chef related inquiries.

5. Do you have any extra postcards that you can provide to us?

I have already provided 400 postcards for your fundraiser mailing. If you need more, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate your request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Jess_K
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies