• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Newbies: Mail vs. Hosted Postcards, Show Ingredients & Email Invites

when I host a show I give my guests a $10 gift card to a local coffee shop. It's a small way to say thank you and show that I appreciated their coming. I also like to do a little giveaway before the show.Hi Jo!Do you mind me asking what kind of incentives you use?Yes, please! :)I usually use incentives like gift cards or small prizes. I also like to do a little giveaway before the show.
leannvv
Not sure where to put this!
Do you: mail your own postcards or have the host do it? If they do it, do you do fill in info or address?
Buy the ingredients for your shows? If so, to all, or is a special deal?
Have an email invite?

My director mails her stuff, and offers a "party in a bag" if you sign up with a date at a party to host in the next month. When she does this she provides the goods.

Do you have a special email to send your host about their shopping list?

Enough from me! :eek: My 1st show is in about 3 weeks and I have 39 people on her invite list. I volunteered to send them out this time since she is my 1st and am just wondering if it is common practice?

THANKS, Ladies!

Question for a newbieI always have my host send out her invitations. Sometimes they mail them and 90 percent hand them out. I :p do provide the invitations.
I always have my host buy the ingredients. Unless its something that I make at home to bring to make for the party that needs to be done ahead of time.
What I did one time is there was a women who wanted a party but she wouldn't have one do that fact she couldn't afford any of the groceries no matter how inexpensive the recipe was. So I bought the groceries and she had a wonderful party. Just wrote the groceries under business expense.:p :p

I offer to send out the invitations. If they really want to do their own, I let them. Some people like to, which is fine. I used the invitation's we're provided. I just started to bring my own ingredients and I have to say it saves me a headache, worrying if they bought the right thing.

Hi Leeann!

1st Congratulations on joining PC!!! :D I too just started!

I was with another party plan years ago, and I ALWAYS sent out the invites. This way I knew it got done and in a timely manner. Now my director has them send her their guest list with the postage for sending them out. If they have a $500 show then she reimburses them the money for the stamps. I haven't decided if I want to do this or not yet (asking them for the postage that is). I might be afraid they only have $4 and invite 10 people! But it does make them strive for that $500 show.

I have also toyed with providing the things for the recipe or not. This way you know that everything is there.

I guess you just have decide what you can shell out for costs and with gas and office supplies both or one of the above things will probably have to go.

Good Luck with your business!!

Kelly

I send out the invitations for my hosts now, but I just started doing that when the guest labels came out in March. I like knowing that the invitations were sent out on time. I just write off the postage as a business expense. I also buy the ingredients for the show and have them reimburse me when we close their show. Many of my hosts really like this-they just have to get the drinks and paper products ahead of time. I have offered "party in a bag" before with the paper products in there. I like knowing that the right ingredients will be there.

I send out the invitations and write off the postage I've been doing that for nearly a year. As pamperedgirl3 said, I like knowing the invitations went out on time (or even actually sent at all).

Usually I have my Host buy the ingredients though I may purchase something that I think they may not use again (like gingerroot) but that I will use at an upcoming show (I try to do the same recipe all month). Sometimes I bring all of the ingredients and have them reimburse me when I get to their house.

I mail out the invites for my hosts and pay the postage cost. Now since I have started this I have seen a dramatic decrease in cancelled or rescheduled shows. I have also seen an increase in sales, because I reward my hosts for having 40 guests on their invite lists, and if they have it back to me by a certain date.

Hi Amanda!

Do you mind me asking what kind of incentives you use?

Thanks -
Kelly

My hosts usually just hand them out to their friends. I saw a cute idea on here about calling the host two days or the day before the show and saying "I forgot to tell you to have your guests bring their ugliest scraper/whatever tool and they can win a new one!" That way they have to call everyone on their list and remind them about the show! Just don't forget to "forget"!!

What is the difference between mail and hosted postcards?

Mail postcards are physical cards that are sent through the mail to potential customers. Hosted postcards are digital versions that can be shared online through email or social media.

What are some ingredients for a successful Pampered Chef show?

Some key ingredients for a successful Pampered Chef show include having a well-organized host, offering a variety of products for guests to try, engaging with guests through interactive demonstrations, and providing helpful cooking tips and recipe ideas.

Can I send email invites for my Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can send email invites for your Pampered Chef show. This can be a cost-effective and convenient way to reach a large number of potential guests. Make sure to personalize the email and include all the necessary information such as date, time, and RSVP instructions.

Do I have to provide food for my Pampered Chef show?

It is not required to provide food for your Pampered Chef show, but it can enhance the overall experience for your guests. You can choose to make a few sample recipes or ask guests to bring a dish to share. This can also be a great opportunity to showcase your Pampered Chef products in action.

How can I make the most of my email invites for a Pampered Chef show?

To make the most of your email invites, make sure to personalize them and include all the necessary information such as date, time, and RSVP instructions. You can also include a special offer or discount for guests who attend the show. Additionally, consider following up with a reminder email closer to the event date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• California Girl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mama2emma
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies