• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose Mailing Invites, How Do You Train Newbies

In summary, Amanda is trying to explain to a potential client how she increased her attendance at her shows by switching to mailing mini-catalogs and invitations. She thinks that host coaching is important, and suggests giving hosts premade packets of materials.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
My director wants me to train the OLD way...postcards and hosts mail them.

I send out the mini catalog & an invite, I pay the postage for my hosts..

Since I do it this way it makes it very confusing to train a newbie.

Input please.....

I would tell the newbie it's up to them, but say how you get better results mailing them yourself. Plus the host feels like you are doing them a favor and saving them money. The money you spend will come back to you.

This isn't your Director's business, it's your consultant's. Give her the options and let her decide then help her with her decision.

I would explain that there are different ways to do it and let her choose. If they are new, it's best to stick to basics and keep things simple and as inexpensive as possible.My director still gives the hosts the postcards and has them do the invitations. She gives them a sheet of 30 labels with the show info that the host can affix to the postcards to make it easier. It doesn't take much to print off the labels and it doesn't cost too much either. The host feels that you are saving them a step, too, and it makes it easier for them. The key is host coaching. She does really well with it. I'm really trying to improve in this area.I tried sending out the minis and loved doing it, but it did get expensive. I found that by the time I paid off the money I spent on the minis, stamps, labels, paper (for the full page invite), ink, and envelopes...plus the time to do it all, my profit was really slim. Even with doing the invites, I had a few cancellations. I would sometimes get an outside order, but it didn't seem to bring out more people because they liked the invites. At first I was doing them and my director was curious about switching to this method, but she realized that she has been doing just great with the method she has been using and is comfortable with. She also felt that she doesn't have the extra time it takes to send out invites for hosts.The important thing is host coaching. I also think that when I'd tell hosts how easy it is to host, how I'll make things even easier because I'll do their invitations, they got the impression that they didn't need to do anything. It was really my fault for not coaching them well. And I probably came across desperate, that they didn't value it. I might go back to doing it once I'm better off with my finances. But right now I'm trying to focus on my host coaching, so I'm keeping things cheaper and easier.So in my host packet, I've simplified things. I just give them a few catalogs, outside order forms, a 50 in 5 minute flyer, a Cooking Show Planning Guide, postcard invitations and a sheet of 30 labels. I let them know that I will e-mail them the file to print out for the labels--if it's a premade host packet that I give out at a show. If I'm mailing the packet to them, then I print them off so the labels are ready to go. I also e-mail them the host and guest specials. (Again, this is for my premade packets.) I include guest specials flyers for packets I mail out to a host.I do that so that I don't have to redo my host packets that I make up to take with me to shows. The dated materials will be sent to them later, either by e-mail or snail mail.I don't always explain myself in a clear and simple manner, so I hope that made sense. Not sure if it helps you, but...there you go! :D

Amanda- I am agree with you!

I personally only switched to mailing minis and invites to boost my attendance. I recently moved and was not having great attendance at my shows. I have heard people love the minis, I think it boosted a few people. My jury is still out if I will continue. Tax time will probably tell.

thanks

nancy

1. How do I create a mailing list for my invites?

To create a mailing list for your invites, you can use a spreadsheet or a contact management system to keep track of your guests' names, email addresses, and mailing addresses. You can also collect this information through a registration form or by asking for it directly from your guests.

2. How do I design a professional-looking invitation?

To design a professional-looking invitation, you can use a template provided by Pampered Chef or create your own using a design software like Canva. Make sure to include all necessary details such as date, time, location, and any special instructions. You can also add high-quality images and use a color scheme that represents your brand.

3. How do I personalize the invitations for each guest?

To personalize your invitations for each guest, you can use a mail merge feature in your email or invite creation platform. This allows you to enter each guest's name and other details to create a unique invitation for each individual. You can also handwrite personal notes on each invitation for a more personal touch.

4. How do I track RSVPs and manage guest lists?

To track RSVPs and manage guest lists, you can use a RSVP tracking tool or create a spreadsheet to keep track of who has responded and who has not. You can also send follow-up emails or messages to guests who have not responded to ensure an accurate headcount for your event.

5. How do I handle last-minute changes or cancellations?

If you encounter last-minute changes or cancellations, it's important to stay organized and communicate with your guests. You can send a quick email or message to inform them of any changes and provide alternative options if necessary. You can also update your guest list and seating arrangements accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefDebi
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Melissa78