• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cutting Expenses: Is Mailing Invites Worth It?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of cutting down expenses and finding ways to be more efficient and cost-effective in a direct sales business. The main expenses mentioned include postage for invitations and supply orders for giveaways. The speakers share their strategies for reducing these costs, such as switching to digital invitations, offering incentives for digital RSVPs, using social media and email marketing, and planning out supply purchases in advance. They emphasize the importance of regularly evaluating expenses to improve the bottom line and help the business thrive.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I have been very intentional this last year in cutting down expenses, but they are still too high and I am embarassed to post them here. I did notice that I spent over $700 on postage. This does not include the cost of mailing the hostess packet. I have been mailing out the invitations including a mini catalog in the invite. I am just not sure how much I have increased my sales to justify the $700 in postage. I also noticed that I spend a lot of suppy orders. I think this is mostly my give away. I would love to hear how you keep your expenses down. Do you think mailing the invites are worth it?

Wendy: Great question. I'll be watching for those "seasoned" consultants to give their input.

I have thought about just emailing them but most of my hosts are not very computer savy and it seems like I would be losing the personal touch. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.I am also trying to re-evaluate my expenses this year and find ways to cut down on them. One thing I have done is switch to digital invitations for my parties. It saves on postage and printing costs, and I can still personalize them with my own message and images. I also include a link to my online catalog in the invitation so guests can browse and shop before the party. This has actually increased my sales because people have more time to look at the products and make decisions before the party.I have also started to offer incentives for digital RSVPs, such as a discount or free product for responding online. This encourages guests to respond digitally, saving me even more on postage and printing costs.Another way I have cut down on expenses is by using social media and email marketing to promote my business and events. This is free and reaches a wider audience than just mailing invitations. I also use these platforms to share information about my products and specials, reducing the need for paper flyers and catalogs.When it comes to supply orders, I only purchase what I know I will need for upcoming parties. I try to plan out my giveaways and hostess gifts in advance so I am not making last minute purchases and overspending. I also look for deals and discounts on supplies and try to buy in bulk to save money.Overall, I think it's important to regularly evaluate your expenses and find ways to be more efficient and cost-effective. Cutting back on unnecessary expenses can greatly improve your bottom line and help your business thrive.

What are the benefits of mailing invites?

Mailing invites can add a personal touch to your event and make your guests feel special. It also ensures that all your guests receive the invitation, as opposed to relying on electronic invites that may end up in spam folders.

How can I save money on mailing invites?

There are a few ways to cut costs when it comes to mailing invites. You can opt for simple, lightweight paper instead of fancy cardstock, use standard-sized envelopes instead of custom ones, and avoid extras like ribbons or wax seals.

Are electronic invites a better option?

Electronic invites may be a more cost-effective option, but they lack the personal touch and may not reach all of your guests. They also have a higher chance of getting lost or going unnoticed in a sea of emails.

What should I consider before deciding to mail invites?

Before mailing invites, consider the size of your guest list, your budget, and the importance of adding a personal touch to your event. You should also think about the potential impact of any unexpected delivery delays.

Are there any alternatives to traditional invites?

Yes, there are alternatives to traditional invites that can help you save money. You can opt for online invitations, hand-delivered invites, or even make your own invitations using materials you already have at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mistym
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • hcjeep