• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

P3 Insight Needed for UPampered Chefoming Training

In summary, the author provides a summary of the content. She talks about how she learned about p3, and how she uses it to interact with her customers. She provides helpful tips about using p3, and reminds readers that they should also sync their PWS and P3 accounts.
Melissa78
Gold Member
I have volunteered (or should I say...was volunteered?) to do a team training on p3 for newbies and those who may not be comfortable with it. What's ironic is there are a ton of things I don't use or realize is there as a tool for us to use so I guess it is wise to have me do the training since that was my gripe (not enough training on it) and I learn as well.

I was hoping all of you, experienced and not, can share with me what cool tips and tricks of the trade (tools) you find helpful, like to use or wish someone would have told you about. I don't think I'm using it to its fullest but I'm sure many of you know much more than I.

Second part - what do you wish someone would have told you about p3 when you started or along the way that you found out later and said "I wish someone would have told me that"???

Thank you all for your input! I'll be glad to share whatever I produce if I can get your feedback. (Also if any of you know of any resources online so that I'm not just reinventing the wheel).

THANKS SO MUCH! :balloon:

My first "I wish I knew that!" was about the Credit Card #s. Always write them down- at least until you close the show! if you have a receipt, write it on their receipt. If it's over the phone, I write it down. I shred it later after I submit the show. Reason: when you change fields- the CC# becomes blotted out and you can't see it again! If you have to change the order (like change it to an individual order or add it to a show, etc)- you can't without calling the guest again for the card #.Handy Tip: Use that magnifying glass next to the Item # box. It's easy to find the Guest Special, Host Special, or item number for a product without having to hunt through the catalog! (use the category drop-down box or type the keyword).
OH...and I'm embarrassed to say I never clicked on this before, but recently heard someone say "p3 training course". But in the "Welcome" screen when you first load P3, there is a "Quick Start Guide" button- under the photo. That takes you to an online course about P3!!! It doesn't appear to be all-inclusive, but it's a good place to start for newbies.

Thanks Bobbi! I took note of your comments and will look at that training (that I didn't know about either)
I did learn very quickly about writing down cc #'s. Some disagree with that practice but it works for me. I too shred them afterwards.

I just learned how to send emails (ETA- this is done in PWS, not P3. My mistake. I'll leave this post up because it is a handy tool to know about though.) and how to pull reports based on product, customer whatever. Both are quite handy!

Last edited:
What do you send your emails for?

Printing an individual's information. Took me a while to find this. Click on Reports > Contacts > Contact Follow-Up. This will bring up a screen where you can input the individual's name. You have a couple of choices about what will be shown. Show Summaries. I use these to make my customer care calls. If you've selected a submitted show, you can either click on View Show Summary Report (right above the list of shows) or right click then choose View Show Summary Report. This prints out the contact information and order information for every guest at that show. It allows me to personalize my calls to whatever that guest ordered.

You can send emails that are already made up. You can customize them as well. There are several to choose from, monthly specials, outlet specials, etc. The problem is that these emails are sometimes marked as spam and the recipient doesn't receive them. But it is free and professional looking.ETA- this is done in PWS, not P3. My mistake. I'll leave this post up because it is a handy tool to know about though. :angel:

Last edited:
ChefCat, sounds like you're referring to the Customer Connection emails in your PWS, not in P3. They are wonderful, or course, but I think Melissa is looking for more P3 specific ideas.

NooraK said:
ChefCat, sounds like you're referring to the Customer Connection emails in your PWS, not in P3. They are wonderful, or course, but I think Melissa is looking for more P3 specific ideas.

Ah.. sorry! But you should sync your PWS and P3 for these emails, so that would be somewhat related... sort of. :angel:

Here is another- I like the host thank you letter in P3.

entering ALL of your expenses in P3!!! I so, did not do this. I had just thought it was for things you bought for a particular show or for entering mileage, but oh it is SO much more. You can even make your own categories. When my tax guy (long distance) needed my expenses without me sending him every last receipt I had, he suggested (his wife is also PC) that I enter everything into P3 and print it out and send it to him. WOW! Makes things SO easy. Well, at least it would have been if I didn't have to enter a whole year at once. LOL! Live and learn. Keep up with it at least monthly and it will be so much easier come tax time.

One question tho for those that already use this handy feature...how do you go about deleting an expense you entered by mistake? I have several I entered the wrong date in but can't figure out how to go back and change it?

I'd include:

The basics: How to enter an order, how to delete. What the red button and yellow flag means. The top half is your show summary, the bottom half is specific to the guest.

What it means to ship to host, contact or shipping address.

How to indicate a booking.

That the host contact info is required as it determines sales tax for all orders.
All mistakes can be corrected up until you actually submit. This may help the consultant not be so nervous.

In Tools>Preferences: you can opt to have your debit card number prepopulate, FOP and you can also choose to have all guests automatically entered as contacts when you submit the show.

You can create your own options for contact info, such as booth leads and Out & About Contacts.

How to copy web orders, using the "Copy PWS" button. Be sure to mention that they need to "mark as reviewed" first.

When you pull up a contact, and click on "Bookings", it'll tell you what show the contact booked from....very useful because you can then call the past host and let them know they qualify for the monthly host special.

How to sync P3 and PWS

An explanation for what reports can be generated & their usefulness would be great! I'm still trying to figure them all out! lol

How to print receipts!

Wow great stuff! Keep it coming! (The things I'm learning myself!) I think I might be excited to be training others on something I'm not great at myself. :D

Bumping - still looking for others insights on their thoughts on p3.

Several posts back someone asked how to remove an expense. Here are the instructions for that:In the Income/Expense tab, select the transaction you wish to delete, then right-click and select DELETE.A message box will appear asking you to confirm the deletion. Once you click OK, the transaction will be permanently removed from your list.

I have a quick ?... wondering a few things!!! I am doing a special of the baker when I put in the payment should I put in what they pay and then the rest as a consultant gift? Does this help me to do so or what? I'm unsure what the specifics are
Thanks
Jenn

jterre said:
I have a quick ?... wondering a few things!!! I am doing a special of the baker when I put in the payment should I put in what they pay and then the rest as a consultant gift? Does this help me to do so or what? I'm unsure what the specifics are
Thanks
Jenn

Yes, that is how I do my baker bundle. I enter the bundle as normal and then I enter on P3 as payment $5.25 consultant gift. Whatever remains is the amount I then tell the guest is their amount due (I also write it up that way on their order form....everything just like normal but before the round up option, I subtract 5.25. Then I round up from there.) Others might do it differently but that's my way.

Yes it will help you later for expense tracking as that consultant gift is used for tax purposes as an expense. Hope that helps.

K one more question! Does that still count towards comm sales? You know sometimes every little bit gets you to the next level!!
Jenn

jterre said:
K one more question! Does that still count towards comm sales? You know sometimes every little bit gets you to the next level!!
Jenn

Are you asking about the Consultant gift payment? Yes, it does count toward commissionable sales, it was purchased by a customer, you just "helped" them pay for it.

Thanks!! Yep that is exactly what I was asking!! I love this place
Jenn

Related to P3 Insight Needed for UPampered Chefoming Training

Question 1: What is P3 training?

P3 training stands for Pampered Chef Product, Performance, and Process training. It is a comprehensive training program designed to help representatives learn about Pampered Chef products, improve their sales performance, and understand the business processes of the company.

Question 2: How long is the P3 training program?

The P3 training program is a self-paced training that can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to complete. However, the length of the program may vary depending on the individual's learning pace and availability.

Question 3: Is P3 training mandatory for all representatives?

Yes, P3 training is mandatory for all new representatives joining Pampered Chef. It is an essential part of the onboarding process and is designed to equip representatives with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in their business.

Question 4: Can I access P3 training materials online?

Yes, P3 training materials can be accessed online through the Pampered Chef Consultant's Corner website. Representatives can log in to their account and access the training modules at any time.

Question 5: Are there any costs associated with P3 training?

No, there are no additional costs for P3 training. It is included in the initial enrollment fee that representatives pay when they join Pampered Chef. However, there may be optional training materials or resources available for purchase to supplement the training program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • 1PamperedMommy