• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for New Consultant Training: Insights and Suggestions for Success

How could your director have helped you with this?Thanks for all of your input!In summary, the conversation focused on training new consultants and asked for input on what they would have liked to be trained on, what they needed the most help with, and how their director could have assisted them. Suggestions included training on how to ask for bookings and recruits, policies and procedures, and organizing the business. Additionally, the idea of practicing booking calls together was mentioned.
finley1991
I have some new consultants on my TEAM that I am going to begin training this week... what I would like input on is:

What would you have liked to been trained on when you first started?

What did you need the most help with?

How could your director have helped you with this?

Thanks for all of your input!

finley1991 said:
I have some new consultants on my TEAM that I am going to begin training this week... what I would like input on is:

HOW TO ASK FOR BOOKINGS AND RECRUITS AT THE SHOW (thought people would just book on their own!)

ASKING FOR BOOKINGS AT THE SHOW

SHOWN ME HOW TO DO THIS SO THAT IT WASN'T BEGGING AND WASN'T PUSHY!

Here is the very first thing I wish I had learned! Doing the presentation was easy for me.....but knowing how to ask for bookings was HARD!

Thanks Becky! Keep 'em coming everyone! :D

Ooh- I agree with Becky. Getting bookings and recruit leads without feeling pushy. If that becomes a habit from the get-go then the new consultants are better off.

Also, policies and procedures. I'm nerdy enough that I read them on my own, but having a short segment in each training session about the policies would clear up a LOT of the questions that pop up around here.

chefann said:
Ooh- I agree with Becky. Getting bookings and recruit leads without feeling pushy. If that becomes a habit from the get-go then the new consultants are better off.

Also, policies and procedures. I'm nerdy enough that I read them on my own, but having a short segment in each training session about the policies would clear up a LOT of the questions that pop up around here.

And I agree with Ann (again!). I never mind answering questions and helping newbies.....but it seems like the same questions pop up all the time......like (and don't take this personally anyone - if you have asked it recently, just know that many others have asked it before you too!) "What month's host bonus does my host get.....", or "When do we get paid?"......etc.......

Yes.. Becky you are so right! I usually get the call that is something like, "I know I could look this up but I know you already know the answer so it's just easier to call you!" When I started my director was M.I.A. so I learned it all on my own. And like Ann... I'm a reader so I read EVERYTHING! And that's how I learned! :)

finley1991 said:
Yes.. Becky you are so right! I usually get the call that is something like, "I know I could look this up but I know you already know the answer so it's just easier to call you!" When I started my director was M.I.A. so I learned it all on my own. And like Ann... I'm a reader so I read EVERYTHING! And that's how I learned! :)

That's how I learned too.....but that is also how I signed! I actually read through all of the recruiting info and incentive info in my host packet....and called my consultant and said "I want to do this...can you get me more info to read?"

New Consultant Training - Input Needed from New Consultants!bumping!

I'm a reader. But some people just need a quick summary. A sheet that has the important questions: when do I get paid, How does someone return something?, etc. would be helpful for newbies. Also, we did a training at our cluster for newbies on how to organize the business. I showed how I organize using the computer and PP, someone else showed how everything they organize is a paper trail, and tangible. It gave newbies a choice and could see how to organize their business.Also, practice calling together to get bookings "booking blitz". You all get together and for one hour you listen to a partner call to get a booking, then you call. You can hear how someone else works.

finley1991 said:
bumping!

1. Definitely recruiting...how the kit credit works (I never used it for me so was unclear for others). P3 - got it quick myself but many don't realize how valuable it can be...

2. Cross selling products - I asked for some videos and caught up but that's where I was weak.

3. Offer videos and encourage the online training and reading policies and procedures. I did this all myself but my recruiter liked to "tell me from her experience" and I'm more of a read and study and learn type person.

bumping :)

also asking for bookings
And CCC. How & why to do it. Maybe even role playing - in person AND the phone.
Oh, and how to order supplies, and suggestions on what to get and and what to wait on getting.

One thing that I learned along the way, is you have to have an answer to everything - overcome the objection. It's so expensive, I don't cook, I'm too busy, my house is too small/messy. You always have to be prepared to answer any of those with a positive. Arming them with the answers for some common ones is great.

Also, extra recipies. Sometimes the super starter ones for the season just don't cut it. So any extras you can give them would be helful.

I agree with everything that everyone above has said. I really needed help putting my cooking show together. So, an outline of some such and a true practice run would have helped.

Now that it's been 6 weeks, how did the training go, Colleen?

Did you tell them about Conference Club? It's open for next July's conference :p

The training booklets that people posted on here helped me so much even now. Those would have been great right in the beginning.

finley1991 said:
What would you have liked to been trained on when you first started? organizing paperwork as it comes from the show and how to keep up with all of it!
What did you need the most help with? how not to vomit PC-keeoing the show to a time minimum
I never got ANY training from my Director at the time, so anything would have been better than nothing!
answers are in bold italics Colleen!

I'm so happy you asked this! I've been thinking of this for a while and just haven't sat down to ask the questions!

My answers are
1. Organization! I have/had a hard time keeping up with specials, paperwork etc...I still struggle, but do have some systems that work. I also would have loved to have seen a few cooking shows with different people...that way I could see how other people phrased things and presented shows. Even if they are all on my directors team it would have been neat to see how different personalities do things.

2. Getting comfortable with lingo...asking for bookings, recruiting, how to add to an order without sounding like I'm trying to gouge a customer (boosting sales)

3. My 1st director could have been around! She moved across the country, signed me, called once and then disappeared until directorship was in jeopardy. Good news is I found my current director and she is great!

finley1991 said:
bumping!

(1)What would you have liked to been trained on when you first started?

(2)What did you need the most help with?

(3) How could your director have helped you with this?

(1) I'd have loved training, one on one maybe with role playing, in what to say and how to say it when it comes to making customer care calls, adding in the opportunity to shows and getting bookings. I'm all about not wanting to be pushy and that's kept me in a comfort zone that hasn't yielded high results yet. Sometimes sitting down, f2f with someone and helping them write their own script that they're comfy with (the ones they suggest via the online training and such just aren't words that I'd say really) yet still effective in getting recruits and bookings.

(2) Motivation... I know I get my Monday motivation emails from my director but it'd be nice to have more 'how ya doin' contacts and when I respond with what I've been doing a little 'atta girl' would go a long way to keeping me moving. I think I've done remarkably well (and I've not done nearly as well as quickly as others in my cluster who have more hand's on support) for doing this by reading, being here on this forum and doing the online training.

(3) I think I've rambled enough above to cover that. LOL... I know, in my case, my director is greatly busy... and I'm not a person who responds well to pressure (trust me, I can dig myself a hole faster than lightning by my own pressures) but encouragement... sounds silly but 'atta girls' and kudos along the way... those little carrots really do add up and I know I respond well to them.

1. What is included in the New Consultant Training?

The New Consultant Training program at Pampered Chef includes a comprehensive overview of our products, business model, and sales techniques. It also covers important topics such as party planning, hostess coaching, and building a successful team.

2. How long does the New Consultant Training last?

The New Consultant Training program typically lasts for 2-3 weeks, depending on your availability and pace. However, you will have access to the training materials and resources for as long as you need.

3. Is there a cost for the New Consultant Training?

There is no cost for the New Consultant Training program. It is included in your starter kit when you join Pampered Chef as a consultant.

4. Can I complete the New Consultant Training online?

Yes, our New Consultant Training program is available online through our consultant portal. You can complete the training at your own pace and convenience.

5. Will I receive support during the New Consultant Training?

Yes, our experienced team of leaders and mentors will be available to support and guide you through the New Consultant Training. You will also have access to our online community where you can connect with other consultants for advice and inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DuenFounnyHok
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AJPratt