• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Training New Consultants: Pros & Cons

In summary, my director stresses the importance of booking a show from a new recruit the first day they are hired in order to help them get off to a strong start. She also stresses the importance of training the new consultant and having them follow along with their show binder.
KCPChef
Who does them and who does not? I am debating on stopping them as I do not feel they really benefit the new consultant... what do you do? How do you train them? :)

I go to all my local new team members grand openings. My new consultant does the demo and I do the business part (bookings and recruiting slide & games). The new consultant does the full service check out. For training I have them work through the getting started booklet; get them to come to watch a couple of my shows if they can, have them watch the DVD with the new consultant kit recipe demos on it, get there early to help them set up, go over the show again and calm last minute nerves. At the show I am the back up singer - they are the diva :)

My Director does the whole open house for new recruits. She does the demo, booking/recruiting slides, and really stresses that by booking a show from the new recruit that day you are helping build the recruit's business and introducing her to people she doesn't already know. She had me explain why I decided to be a PC consultant first (before I joined PC I... Now I... Things that have changed are... My favorite product is...) and then took over the show from there.My open house was 2 weeks ago and I got $300 in sales and 5 bookings. Definitely worth it! I sat with my director for the full service check out and did the last few guests on my own.

I do grand openings. I have my new consultants follow along with their show binder as I do the show. It is a great way to introduce her as a new consultant and let the guests know she's "in training". And of course, continually tell them that they must book a show to help her out and get her off to a strong start. I have found that it really helps them gain confidence because they can get their feet wet without having to dive in all alone.

Hi there! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I completely understand your hesitation with training new consultants. While it may seem like a daunting task, I believe that training is an essential part of helping new consultants succeed in their business.First and foremost, training new consultants can provide them with a solid foundation and understanding of the products, company values, and business practices. This can help them feel more confident and knowledgeable when interacting with customers and potential team members.In addition, training can also help new consultants develop their own unique style and approach to selling and promoting products. By sharing your own experiences and techniques, you can help them find their own groove and success in the business.I do understand that training can be time-consuming and may not always yield immediate results. However, I believe that the investment in time and effort can pay off in the long run. Plus, as a team leader, it is our responsibility to support and guide our team members to reach their full potential.In terms of how I train new consultants, I like to have a mix of both one-on-one sessions and group trainings. This allows for a personalized approach as well as a sense of community and support within the team. I also make sure to provide ongoing support and resources for them to refer back to as they continue to grow in their business.I hope this helps in your decision-making process. Remember, we are all in this together and by investing in our team members, we can all achieve success. Best of luck! :)

What is the purpose of training new consultants?

The purpose of training new consultants is to provide them with the necessary knowledge, skills, and tools to be successful in their role. This includes familiarizing them with the company's culture, processes, and expectations, as well as teaching them how to effectively communicate and work with clients.

What are the advantages of training new consultants?

Training new consultants has several advantages, such as ensuring a consistent level of quality across all consultants, increasing their confidence and competence in their role, and helping them build strong relationships with clients. It also allows for the transfer of knowledge and best practices from experienced consultants to new ones.

Are there any disadvantages to training new consultants?

One potential disadvantage of training new consultants is the cost and time involved in the training process. It may also disrupt the workflow of other team members who may need to assist in the training. Additionally, if the training is not well-designed or executed, it may not effectively prepare the consultants for their role.

What are some important elements to include in training for new consultants?

An effective training program for new consultants should include a mix of theoretical and practical learning, as well as opportunities for hands-on experience and feedback. It should also cover topics such as company values and culture, communication skills, project management, and technical skills specific to the role.

How long should the training for new consultants last?

The length of the training for new consultants can vary depending on the complexity of the role and the company's specific needs. Generally, it can range from a few weeks to several months. It is important to ensure that the training is comprehensive enough to adequately prepare the consultants for their role, but not too long that it becomes overwhelming or disrupts the workflow of the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DuenFounnyHok
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • AJPratt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom