• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Sure What to Do With New Consultant

In summary, Anne has a consultant on her team who recently re-signed. The consultant was on Anne's director's team but signed up under her. Anne is a little concerned about the training the new consultant will receive. She recommends reaching out to the consultant herself.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I have a consultant on my team who recently re-signed. She was on my director's team but signed up under me. I don't know if she decided to, or if my director had suggested it since she has kind of taken a step back with her business. I really like this consultant, but her business has kind of always been kind of start/stop.

So, I got a msg on FB last night that she recruited a new consultant. Yay! I asked her when she wants to set up training for the new consultant and she said she would be OK, but would let me know if she needs help. I don't want to sound mean, but I am a little concerned about the training the consultant will get. I know this consultant is good at what she does, but I don't know what materials she has by way of training and I really want this new consultant to get off to the best start possible. I know I just recently started doing my own trainings (basically because my director bailed at the last minute on my last one). But I have been a consultant for 5 years and have always participated in trainings. Many on my director's team call me for advice, which I love.

So, I don't know if its something she thinks I wouldn't be able to do or if its just something she wants to try. I don't know what to say or just not say anything. Any advice?

Once the new consultant's info shows up on your Cons Conn, contact her yourself. Introduce yourself and let her know that you're available as a resource. You should do this with any new member of your team. Just tell your recent recruit and her recruit and anyone else that this is what you do. Just give her the standard thing of what you tell a personal recruit about training opportunities, but then give her the "out" by saying that of course if her recruiter is already doing this that she doesn't need to duplicate it with you. You never know when any of your direct recruits will stop the biz and their recruits become your first line, or she could bypass your direct recruit.

Thanks, Becca. That is a really great idea!~

Anne,
I would definitely recommend you call her. I came to PC through the internet, I was not really "recruited" by anyone. I have the lady above me (sorry, I'm not good yet with all the titles), but it made me feel more secure when the director and executive director said I could call with any questions I had. It feels like a second line for my questions or whatever, and I know personally I felt more welcome that way. As you can see from my experience, I see absolutely no harm in calling her, actually you would be welcoming her (from my perspective). I hope you got something out of all of my ramblings.

I totally agree with what has been said. Reach out to her. My recruiter is my director and she is great, but she works a full time job and is busy. She is a director and does her job well, but I want to be at the top. My Exceutive director really reached out to me and has been doing some additional training with me to help me get going.
It's kinda like being a parent. You can say something 1,000 times to your kids, but when someone says it once in a slightly different way, a light just comes on. We respond differently to different people and she may get something different from having multiple resources.

Thank you, everyone!

I would just tell her that you have a policy that everyone on your team receives the same new consultant training, whether you have personally recruited them or not--that the recruiter is just that--the recruiter, and not the trainer. Then ask her when she would like to have the 3 of you get together for new consultant training.

I also send an "Welcome to Pampered Chef" e-mail to every new consultant in my 2nd, 3rd, etc. downline. I explain the "family tree" from our National Executive down, so when they get a random e-mail from one of the higher ups they won't be confused on who it is or how she's "related" to their business.

I give them the rules & regulations for doing Pampered Chef on a military base (since all of mine so far started up on a military base).

I mention all the New Consultant Rewards and any current bonus for recruits and invite them to call or e-mail me with any questions that they might have! Some do, some just stick with their recruiter. But I want them to know that I'm here and available to help in any way! ;)

Will the new consultant appear in my tracker even though I'm not listed as a TL yet?

I believe she will. I don't think you become a TL with her since she's under your recruit. She's your 2nd line. TLs need 2 first line. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Time for you to look at online training or other training materials for TLs on building your team. Basically, act like a director before you are one and you will become one. :)

Personally, I wouldn't be "pushy" with your recruit or her new recruit. If your recruit was in the business before and feels like she can do this on her own, I wouldn't do any training with the new consultant. I wouldn't want to step on any toes or make her feel like you are bypassing her. Although an email introducing yourself with maybe some great tips and how to contact you would be nice. That way if she cannot reach her recruiter she can come to you. You could also pass along her/your director's information, that's what I do with all my new consultants. Gives them another line of help.

wadesgirl said:
Personally, I wouldn't be "pushy" with your recruit or her new recruit. If your recruit was in the business before and feels like she can do this on her own, I wouldn't do any training with the new consultant. I wouldn't want to step on any toes or make her feel like you are bypassing her. Although an email introducing yourself with maybe some great tips and how to contact you would be nice. That way if she cannot reach her recruiter she can come to you. You could also pass along her/your director's information, that's what I do with all my new consultants. Gives them another line of help.

I agree with everything you just said!

I like the idea of an introduction and letting it take its course. I'm not going to push myself on the new consultant. I really respect my consultant, but just wanted to see what everyone else thinks.Becca, Thanks for your input! I know the new cons doesn't make me a TL. I just don't know if i will see her on my tracker. I just need to make the minimum sales to promote. We've been close, just hasn't happened yet.Thanks so much for your insight!

Woo-hoo! Just checked!! She does show up! In a day or so, I will just give her a quick call or email to say hi!

OK Another question... If a consultant submits a September show in October, do those sales count towards October for promotion/TL team sales requirements?

AJPratt said:
OK Another question... If a consultant submits a September show in October, do those sales count towards October for promotion/TL team sales requirements?

Yes it counts as October sales, it just doesn't count towards any September or October promotions.

Thanks, Wadesgirl!WOW! That is awesome. Well, this is the month I promote! LOL I was bummed about September, but this is good news! LOL And, I am thrilled to say that both consultants may get the Oct promotions!

AJPratt said:
Will the new consultant appear in my tracker even though I'm not listed as a TL yet?

Yes, everyone in your downline will show regardless of your status. She'll be indented under her recruiter. ;)

That is awesome! Never had a consultant recruit! LOL

sherri lynn said:
Anne,
I would definitely recommend you call her. I came to PC through the internet, I was not really "recruited" by anyone. I have the lady above me (sorry, I'm not good yet with all the titles), but it made me feel more secure when the director and executive director said I could call with any questions I had. It feels like a second line for my questions or whatever, and I know personally I felt more welcome that way. As you can see from my experience, I see absolutely no harm in calling her, actually you would be welcoming her (from my perspective). I hope you got something out of all of my ramblings.

I was an internet recruit as well! I loved the products and wanted some adventure in my life and my part time job!!! Wahoo for us!! I hear we are rare ;)

Wow, Jess, I should feel special being a rarity! lol

1. How do I get started as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, the first step is to attend a Pampered Chef party or event to familiarize yourself with the products and the company. Then, you can sign up to become a consultant online or through a current consultant. Once you have signed up, you will receive a starter kit and access to online training and resources to help you get started.

2. What is included in the starter kit?

The starter kit includes a selection of Pampered Chef products, business materials, and training resources. It is designed to help you get started with your business and showcase the quality and versatility of our products.

3. How can I build my customer base as a new consultant?

One of the best ways to build your customer base is to host your own Pampered Chef party or event. You can also reach out to friends, family, and coworkers to introduce them to our products and the benefits of hosting a party. Utilize social media and word of mouth to promote your business and gain new customers.

4. What support and resources are available for new consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support for new consultants, including online training, mentorship programs, and a consultant community where you can ask questions and get advice from experienced consultants. We also provide marketing materials, business tools, and ongoing support from our corporate team.

5. How can I earn income as a new consultant?

As a consultant, you can earn income through hosting parties and events, selling products, and building a team of consultants. The more you sell and the larger your team grows, the more income you can earn. Our compensation plan offers generous commissions, bonuses, and incentives to help you achieve your financial goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • AJPratt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alidafrizzell