• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Postcards or Full Page Invites?

In summary, people seem to have mixed feelings about sending out invites in postcards or full page sheets. Some people find that they don't generate more interest, while others find that they cancellations drop.
mama2emma
Gold Member
I've been reading so much about the benefits of sending out invites for your hosts, and I decided to start this with my February shows (for the record, my second month as a PC consultant).

I have about 300 of the plain PC cooking show postcards, but I'm wondering if they're the best choice for sending invites. I've read that some folks send out full page invites in envelopes, using either the fill-in PDFs on CC or their own design.

Which do you do, and why? Have you noticed benefits or drawbacks from either one? Thanks! I've got a bunch of invites to get in the mail tomorrow, so I need to make a decision fast. :)

I use the postcards. They are still much cheaper than using the full page invites. :chef:

I do a little of both. I use postcards and themed postcards for most shows but if I do a spcific show theme, open house, house warming, etc then i do full page sheets in envelopes. The downfall to the full page is that it is more expensive to mail but of course the pro to it is that you can fit way more information onto a full sheet.

I don't send out the invites for my hosts. But I always give them the postcards.

I did it...I have sent out both types of invites. I started doing flyer invites last January and did both types until July. In July I decided to do just flyer invites and track the results. I did it for 6 months. My show average did not increase in a substantial way as if affiliated with these invites. And these invites are much more expensive, paper, ink, envelopes and postage. I decided in December I was done with the full page invites because I dreaded :yuck: doing the invites because they would take me so long!:cry:

I am happy to say I am back to postcards and loving it!!! :love: I can do the entire show invites in about 10 minutes!! WHOO HOOO!!:D

I do still have my monthly flyers from last year that I email some of my rural customers, because they don't know everyone's PO Box so they hand them out. But I do not print them or mail them for anyone!;)

fruit76loop said:
I have sent out both types of invites. I started doing flyer invites last January and did both types until July. In July I decided to do just flyer invites and track the results. I did it for 6 months. My show average did not increase in a substantial way as if affiliated with these invites. And these invites are much more expensive, paper, ink, envelopes and postage. I decided in December I was done with the full page invites because I dreaded :yuck: doing the invites because they would take me so long!:cry:

I am happy to say I am back to postcards and loving it!!! :love: I can do the entire show invites in about 10 minutes!! WHOO HOOO!!:D

I do still have my monthly flyers from last year that I email some of my rural customers, because they don't know everyone's PO Box so they hand them out. But I do not print them or mail them for anyone!;)

This was exactly my experience too! I went back to doing just postcard invites. I have found, however, that when I can use the theme postcards (From PC) that those do generate more interest.

In January, my show avg. was $682. Last year, for the year, my avg was $475.....and that was with often using the full page invites.

I do full page invites, from the theme show pdf on cc..I do like it...I give the postcard invites to the hosts in their packet if there are guests that they just want to hand deliver to or may have forgotten...

Postcards all the way. And let them send them out. It is their show and they are reaping benefits from it.

I'm not sure if anyone else does this or not, I ususally tell people to hand them the card instead of mailing it. I believe most people just chuck stuff they get in the mail. But if you hand them a card it is more personal and they won't be so apt to chuck it (at least not in front of you). I suggest only mailing unless it is someone you don't see on a daily basis. Postage isn't cheap especially if you are mailing 30+ or more cards.

vtodd71 said:
Postcards all the way. And let them send them out. It is their show and they are reaping benefits from it.

I did that the first couple years of my business:thumbdown: ...but let me tell you with mailing the invites for my hosts I have seen my cancellation rate drop drastically!:balloon: :balloon: And this in itself is worth it to me. I also charge a flat rate for my show $25, $10 for invites and $15 for the food. So I usually only have a little come out of my pocket!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
In January, my show avg. was $682. Last year, for the year, my avg was $475.....and that was with often using the full page invites.

Way to go!! That is a great increase in a year!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!:balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

fruit76loop said:
I also charge a flat rate for my show $25, $10 for invites and $15 for the food. So I usually only have a little come out of my pocket!!:D

I didn't think we could charge anything. Heck, I even pay for the supplies for the recipe. I've only had a few people cancel on me too but those people have rescheduled.

vtodd71 said:
I didn't think we could charge anything. Heck, I even pay for the supplies for the recipe. I've only had a few people cancel on me too but those people have rescheduled.

Why wouldn't you think you could charge? It is your business! I just do the $15 for food because that is what they get back from PC in products, most of the times my recipes are $18-$20.

Wow, at least you have some good right offs for taxes!!:) :)

fruit76loop said:
Why wouldn't you think you could charge? It is your business! I just do the $15 for food because that is what they get back from PC in products, most of the times my recipes are $18-$20.

Wow, at least you have some good right offs for taxes!!:) :)

My recipes don't cost near that much. Then again I've only done the Tangy Pepper Brie and the Chocolate Brownie Bliss. And YES I do keep all my recipes. :D

I need to do more recipes but haven't felt brave enough to venture out yet.

vtodd71 said:
My recipes don't cost near that much. Then again I've only done the Tangy Pepper Brie and the Chocolate Brownie Bliss. And YES I do keep all my recipes. :D

I need to do more recipes but haven't felt brave enough to venture out yet.

Ha ha....step out of the box Todd...you can do it!!!

For example:
Asian Pork Skillet - tenderloins are about $6-$9, red bell pepper $2.50, Carrots $.50, Green onions $1.19 :yuck: , sesame oil $4 (of course I use this all month long), Asian Seasoning $5 (used over mulitple shows), Ramen noodles 4X $.10;) (just had to put those in there)

So this one with a portion of seasoning and oil figured in is about $11.50 (for the pork at $6)

And I am doing the Black Forrest Trifle with that
Cake mix $.89, cool whip $.99, 2 puddings $2.19, Cherry pie filling $3.00 just to name a few of the ingredients because the others get used more than once.

So this one is around $7.50

So that puts me right at $19...so I will spend about $4 out of my pocket for each show.

Now I know alot of you only do one recipe, and I only demo one...but I love to bring a dessert and talk about a couple more products after the interactive show!!

I have been making my own invites. I am scared to use the postcards, all the info is on the back for anyone to see. And we all know that there are wierdos out there.
That's just my own opinion.

Mandy

I do a combination of both. Since I live on a Military base I do give my customers the post cards and encourage them to hand them out (postal regulations on our base prevent them from being mailed) and I also encourage them to use the e-invites on my PWS. I usually get them their host password at least a week prior to their show and have seen quite a few people who have used it to order when they can't make it to the show. I keep instructions for how to use it in the News section so people can make sure they are placing their order right. When I am doing an Open house or something similar I hand out full page flyers.

I always do postcards except this last show I did a full page (downloadable from CC - Chocolate Bliss) and sent a mini catalog with it. It was my biggest show and biggest sales - don't know if it is attributed to the invites or my customer service or what. Half the group were repeat customers from a show 2 months before and the group spent twice as much as the previous show with a similar group. Barely anyone bought the specials, so I know it wasn't the host specials.

I provide post cards w/labels for my hosts. I do tell them to make sure and call all the guests because the post office does not guarantee delivery of post cards and many of them get lost.

I started trying to mail them for my hosts, but it was too much time for me. I work another day job and have 3 kids right now. When my kids are older and I have more time I will probably mail the invites out - just not now. I was picking up the food and having them reimburse me, but I have decided to stop that this year as well, unless I have a repeat host. The last few shows I have done the host picked up the food and it was a lot easier for me. It does scare me they may get the wrong thing, but it's worth it. I get there early enough that if they don't have something they can send the husband out for it or call a friend who is coming. Or run to the store themselves. I'm trying to simplify my business especially since my schedule is getting busier:)!

I wish the invites on CC would have an option to print them on a post card instead of full page.

Related to Postcards or Full Page Invites?

1. What is the difference between postcards and full page invites?

Postcards are smaller in size and typically used for shorter invitations or quick reminders. Full page invites are larger and provide more space for information and details about an event or party.

2. Can I customize the design of the postcards or full page invites?

Yes, both postcards and full page invites can be customized with your own design or you can choose from a variety of pre-made templates offered by Pampered Chef.

3. Are the postcards and full page invites printed on high-quality paper?

Yes, all of our postcards and full page invites are printed on high-quality cardstock paper to ensure a professional and elegant look.

4. Can I order postcards and full page invites in different quantities?

Yes, you can order postcards and full page invites in any quantity that fits your needs. We offer a variety of package options to accommodate different event sizes.

5. How long does it take to receive my postcards or full page invites?

Standard shipping for postcards and full page invites usually takes 5-7 business days. However, expedited shipping options are available for an additional cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
stefani2
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies