• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Types of Invitations: Postcards, Full Sheet, and Email - A Poll

In summary, the poll found that guests use different invitations depending on the type of show. Some guests use postcards, while others use email invitations. Mini-catalogs are also used by some guests.
jennyl
I'm taking a poll to see what types of invitations everyone uses. I'm guessing this poll has been done, but thought I'd do a new one given the new options HO has for us. I've almost always used the postcards, but I'm thinking the full sheet will be less likely to get lost in the mail. Who uses what? If you mail the full sheet - do you put that in an envelope?

Oops - left off the email invitations! Anyone know how to add an option to a poll?

Last edited:
I'm wondering about this, too. I was thinking about printing out the full-page invitations for my hosts to mail instead of the postcards for the same reason (getting lost). But, I always tell them to call first, then send the postcard as a reminder, then call again to remind them a day or two before the show, b/c the postcard can get lost. If they're sending the full-page invite, they may just rest on that and not call (?) - who knows. Personally as a guest, I prefer getting postcards that I can pop on the fridge as a reminder, and the bigger ones take up too much room so I lay them in a bin and almost forget about them. But, that's me! ;-)

I have made a Girl's Night In postcard invite from vistaprint and I mail that in an envelope as we have found that postcards by themself get lost for weeks or completely in my area... if they chose a theme party i do a full page invite or a tri-fold invite that i mail in an envelope. I have gotten good responses from all of my invites, and when i used pc's I never had any positive responses... just my 2 cents :D

I use email invites more than the postcards.

I voted something else ... I use a full page tri-fold - printed on both sides, without and envelope, personalized to each host's show.

ETA: I am strongly considering using the mini-catalogs. I am going to try that for my first (or first few) September cooking shows and see what happens.

Last edited:
Currently, I use postcards and email (if the host has email access). But I'm going to change it up starting in September and use mini catalogs with the 1-page sheet from HO. And email - but that's up to the host to set those up and use it. :)

Until I get off and running (and am making more than I am spending - stupid OS:p ) I am using the postcards. I have a ton of them and just assume use them up. Eventually, I'd like to switch to the mini-catalogs. I think that's a great idea!

I've been telling my hosts to include phone numbers with the addresses (I mail the invites) so I can call the people that haven't rsvp'd and remind the ones that have already confirmed.

I created my own postcard invitations. They are tailored to my type of show, include my website address, and a reminder to put the host's name in if ordering from the website.

I have mine printed and cut at Office Max. It's more expensive than those from the HO, but less expensive than printing them on my home printer. Since I started using them, I haven't had a host lose a sale because the "guest" forgot to indicate the host's name.

I have used the postcard invite - and for a couple types of shows I do - Power Cooking & Grilling Shows - I have a full page invite that I use w/ an envelope.

In September though, I believe I am going to use the mini catalogs as a test - along with the new downloadable full page invite for theme shows.
It will be interesting to see if attendance/outside orders are higher.

Ok I'm in the dark...what are the full page invites from HO you guys are talking about??

Chef_2_Four said:
Ok I'm in the dark...what are the full page invites from HO you guys are talking about??
For the Fall Season - TPC has created full page downloadable invites that correspond to the Theme Shows.....they are on CC with all of the other info about theme shows - I was just playing with them the other day! It's just another option for those who might want to send full page instead of postcards.

I found them! Thanks!!

I was at a Steve Wiltshire seminar on Saturday. He passed around an invitation that I am going to start doing. In the envelope he had a full page invite, the postcard invite(for putting on fridge or giving to a friend), 3 on time drawing tickets(1 for guest and 2 for friends of guest) and confetti. It was a lot of fun to look through, eye catching, and they don't get lost in the mail.

how do you send the mini cats as invitations?

That Steve Wiltshire idea is good.....up until the confetti:eek:

Now to vent:

I get a MAJOR p***off when there is confetti in any envelope I receive.:mad:

I opened one in my car for a baby shower the other day & have that c**p all over my car now.:eek: :mad:

I don't know who's idea that ever was, but I don't know ANY recipients that are grateful for it.

(Probably confetti makers idea, or Martha Stewart's):mad: :mad: :mad:

vangogirl said:
I was at a Steve Wiltshire seminar on Saturday. He passed around an invitation that I am going to start doing. In the envelope he had a full page invite, the postcard invite(for putting on fridge or giving to a friend), 3 on time drawing tickets(1 for guest and 2 for friends of guest) and confetti. It was a lot of fun to look through, eye catching, and they don't get lost in the mail.

Personally, this sounds like a lot of work to me. Currently, I pre-print the postcard invitations for the host so they're more likely to send all of them out (they write the name/address, stamp and mail them). I don't need more work on my end, I need less!! My director is planning to just send the PDF of the theme show invitations to her hosts and have them print, write and mail them, but I think I may want to do just a little bit more than that. I personally think the mini-cats are too expensive to use as invitations, but that's just me. I'll probably continue using the pre-printed postcards and the e-invitations on my website. Maybe I'll try the theme show full-page invites with one of my hosts in Sept - we'll see! :)

In September though, I believe I am going to use the mini catalogs as a test - along with the new downloadable full page invite for theme shows.
It will be interesting to see if attendance/outside orders are higher.[/QUOTE]

:confused: Where on CC do you find the downloadable full page ones?:eek: :confused:

:confused: Where on CC do you find the downloadable full page ones?:eek: :confused:

:eek: I tried to put Becky's quote in my post & didn't do it right:eek: :eek:

I'm sorry Becky! I think I'm having more frequent senior moments:eek:

(I still can't find the full page invites on CC-aaggggghhh!!!:eek: :eek: :confused:

The full page theme show invitations are on CC - go to "Products & Recipes", then "Enhance your shows", then click on the theme you want (Chocolate Bliss, Real Food Real Fast or Bites and Bevs) and there you go!

Chef Endora said:

Now to vent:

I opened one in my car for a baby shower the other day & have that c**p all over my car now.:eek: :mad:

I don't know who's idea that ever was, but I don't know ANY recipients that are grateful for it.

Come on, tell us how you really feel. :)

I have to say that I agree about the confetti. It's one of those things that sounds really cute until you actually receive one and open it.

I agree. I don't plan on using confetti either. On my birthday a year and a half ago, my friend sent me a card with confetti. I am still finding it in odd little places around my house. Everytime I find some, I curse her. lol. :)

raebates said:
Come on, tell us how you really feel. :)

I have to say that I agree about the confetti. It's one of those things that sounds really cute until you actually receive one and open it.

Especially if you are opening your mail standing in the middle of the living room w/ a pile carpeting......grrrrr!

I LOVE the idea of confetti - I've used it before to decorate tables, etc.....but it doesn't belong in an envelope!!!

I think Steve Wiltshire's wife must be the one to clean up messes at their house!:rolleyes:

I've always used the postcards and strongly encourage the e-vites. However, I'm going to try the mini catalog with my next shows b/c I received one in the mail from another company. I actually glanced through it. If I could have looked online (I tried and it's amazing how many companies don't have products and prices online). Soo...maybe others will do that for me?? Everyone will have to share with their success and increased online business??

Jules711 said:
I've always used the postcards and strongly encourage the e-vites. However, I'm going to try the mini catalog with my next shows b/c I received one in the mail from another company. I actually glanced through it. If I could have looked online (I tried and it's amazing how many companies don't have products and prices online). Soo...maybe others will do that for me?? Everyone will have to share with their success and increased online business??

I've received them from other companies too....but one I received from Home & Garden Parties (I think that's what it was called) actually made me decide not to attend the party - I didn't see ANYTHING in the mini catalog that I was even remotely interested in.........but I keep thinking to myself that there is no way someone can look at our mini catalog and not want EVERYTHING!!!!:D

I didn't get to conference :( so I didn't hear about the mini-cat invite idea.

I was thinking of hosting a Fall kick-off show here at the end of Aug. that I would submit as a Sept. show & take advantage of the cookware & hopefully get more bookings for Sept. or cookware orders. I just submitted a supply order this am for a bunch of mini-cats to send out. Might as well make em an invite for my own show. Actually, D SIL will be having this show for me so he gets the booking benefit;)

Thanks for the direction to the invites on CC!:)

I have been using full page invites for a while now....different ones depending upon the "theme" of the show. I am very glad that PC has come up with ones to match our new fall themes that we can personalize and print out!

Anyhow, I will continue to do the full size invites, but I will be adding the mini catalog for a while and see what type of a response I get from that! (So, I voted for both full page and mini catalog!)

Chef Endora said:

Now to vent:

Let me see, you don't like confetti?
I understand, I don't think I would like getting it all over my car.

Oh, I hadn't even thought about using the mini cats for an invite. I do like the full page idea. Everyone like to get good mail.

Confetti is also a pain if you have pets or baby's toddlers as it is impossible to clean it all up (as others have pointed out) and its not good for them to eat.

Depends! I give the options to my hosts. Email, postcards and full letter size. I explain about postcards getting lost in the mail at times, emails being blocked by servers sometimes. I let them choose.

Ginny

I have had only 1 cooking show in the year I've been doing this. Most of my shows are online catalog shows for friends around the country. We send an email the day the show starts and an email 2-3 days before the show is closing as a reminder.

1. What are the different types of invitations available through Pampered Chef?

Currently, Pampered Chef offers postcards, full sheet, and email invitations for their consultants to use.

2. Which type of invitation is most commonly used by Pampered Chef consultants?

According to our poll, postcards are the most commonly used type of invitation by Pampered Chef consultants.

3. Is there a specific reason why postcards are the preferred type of invitation?

Many consultants prefer postcards because they are more cost-effective and can easily catch the recipient's attention due to their colorful and eye-catching designs.

4. Do you recommend using the full sheet invitations instead of postcards?

It ultimately depends on your target audience and personal preference. Full sheet invitations may be more professional and can include more information, but they do require additional postage and may be more likely to get lost in the mail. Some consultants also choose to put the full sheet invitations in an envelope to ensure they reach their recipient.

5. Can I send invitations through email as well?

Yes, Pampered Chef also offers email invitations as an option for consultants. This can be a convenient and environmentally-friendly option, but keep in mind that not all recipients may check their email regularly, so it's best to follow up with a phone call or postcard if using this method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Spring
Replies
Views
JessBarszcz
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies