• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Mini Catalogs for Invites Worth the Extra Cost?

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of using mini catalogs instead of regular invitations for parties. The speaker suggests that mini catalogs would not only showcase the products better, but also have a lower chance of being misplaced. The cost of 40 regular invitations plus postage is compared to 40 mini catalogs plus postage, with the added possibility of needing envelopes for the catalogs. The group discusses the potential benefits, such as guests being more likely to attend and placing orders. One member mentions adding a note for a special drawing to encourage guests to bring the catalog to the party. Others share their experiences with using mini catalogs and the logistics of mailing them. Some members mention not asking hosts for money to cover the cost of postage. The conversation concludes with a suggestion
batroark
Gold Member
I was in a class at conference where one of the speakers said instead of regular invites we should send out the mini catalogs to the guests. She said that they would not only have a sample of our products in front of them rather than just a plain jane card of some sorts, but it would not get misplaced as easily. So, let see.......40 invtes, costs+$1.00, and $.27 for a stamp to mail them out v/s 40 mini cats, almost $6.00, and $.42 for a stamp to mail with the possibility of having to have an envelope to stick it in but could place in the host/guest specials if desired.

What do you all think about this idea. Good or bad? Do any of you already do this? Would it be worth the extra for you AND the host to do mini catalogs? The big plus side I see in this mini catalog is they sprinkled some of the old standards or the familiar products throughout this one instead of just the new products!

I would appreciate your input!!!!:)

I heard the same thing :)
I think that if you couple sending them with a reminder to you host that PERSONAL invites work best, it should be worth it.
Heck I would even be willing to put a note on the book saying to bring the catalog back to you to be entered into a drawing for a special gift.
Then stick them all in a basket shake and give the winner a season's best.
Recycle them as long as you can.
If you try it, please track you results over a month or two and let us know :)

I think it may help guests actually show up. If guests see something they like in the MC, they may be more likely to make an effort to go to the party instead of blowing it off as just another demo show... or place an outside order!

I'm trying it. I did three host coachings on Saturday and gave them all the mini-catalogs. (I actually gave them the option of those or the post cards...they all chose the minis.) We'll see how it goes. (I did ask they return what they don't use.)

legacypc46 said:
I'm trying it. I did three host coachings on Saturday and gave them all the mini-catalogs. (I actually gave them the option of those or the post cards...they all chose the minis.) We'll see how it goes. (I did ask they return what they don't use.)

I'll be anxious to hear how this goes for you...I keep waffling back and forth on doing this.

I started doing this in March and it works fine for me. Yes, the stamp is a little more and the catalogs are more than postcards, but the positive outweighs the negative as far as I'm concerned.

People can see what's new. They can see what we offer. With the new minis, they can see the opportunity.
I also include a little slip of paper asking them to bring the catalog to the party and they will be entered in a special drawing.

Other at home companies do this all the time and it works great for them!

Wow! This is turning out great! I have, now that it has been mentioned, received a mini catalog from another DS show. I am going to place an order for them today and start it once I get them.

For the ones that already do this.....do you give them 25 cats or the regular amount of 40???

I mail them myself - so do those other direct sales companies.
We're one of the few DS companies I know of that still ask our hosts to mail the invites!

Ok, I have been doing PC for almost 4 yrs. now, but do you ask for stamps or money to cover the cost?

batroark said:
Ok, I have been doing PC for almost 4 yrs. now, but do you ask for stamps or money to cover the cost?

I know some do - but I don't. I just take the tax write-off. It's my business, and I just can't see asking my hosts for money to run my business.

ChefBeckyD said:
I know some do - but I don't. I just take the tax write-off. It's my business, and I just can't see asking my hosts for money to run my business.

I don't either... just chalk it up as a business expense!

I'm going to try this! I like the idea of me sending them out that way I only use what is needed.

I put the host's name and address as the return address so that she can see if any get returned

I would be interested if those who are not doing it currently, track your sales and compare to last years to see if there is indeed an increase in show averages, etc.

It would be worth it to give it a try to see if outside orders picked up.

Do you put the MC's in an envelope or just tape them shut, then mail them?

Koolotus said:
Heck I would even be willing to put a note on the book saying to bring the catalog back to you to be entered into a drawing for a special gift.
Then stick them all in a basket shake and give the winner a season's best.
Recycle them as long as you can.
If you try it, please track you results over a month or two and let us know :)

i like that idea. then, not only are you getting your catalogs back, but you are adding incentive to actually come to the show...

My only concern is I think they should be mailed in an envelope. I did a mass mailing last Fall with the mini not in an envelope and when I made my follow up calls 5 days after mailing them about half had not received them. I was very upset and filed a complaint with USPS.

I love the idea for my Sept and maybe Oct shows...I can't wait to hear what results we all have!

I too took that class and was wondering if it would be cost effective. I would really love to hear the results and I like the fact that if they bring them back they will be entered into a drawing. Great way to recycle.

Good deal! I am so excited that everyone is putting their input in so well. I made a supply order around noon and so far I am ordering 6 packs of 25 which will be a good start! I can't wait to start in on this that I wish they were already here! Woo hoo! Thanks girls for the inspiration and the motivation of trying something new. Let us know just who else is jumping on board?????

My hosts are mailing them in an envelope (at least that's what they agreed to do!)

I put them in an envelope and include the printable invitation from CC and on that I ask them to bring it back to be entered in to a drawing.

I had never thought about doing this before. What a great idea! I know that I would be tempted to go and buy more if I could preview a catalog before arriving. I may even get some outside orders to take with me. Hmmm......

I'm going to try this for my next few shows... Great idea. I'll post the results whether good or bad. :)

i just skimmed through this real quick again --
how are you inviting them? besides sending the mini catalog...
i was thinking about putting an oversized address label on the back with the date/time/host/address/rsvp #. but i was thinking that some people might miss the fact that there is a sticker inviting them to a party there...

I've done this the past couple years. I do it for the first few months of a new season. In the past I've put a typed note inside the front with the party details; and a label on the outside that says "you're invited to a cooking show~see inside for details!" This season, I plan on doing a full page invite & mini inside an envelope.
I've felt that doing this has generated lots of excitement from people. The guests that come are excited to see the new stuff in person; and outside orders have gone up since they have a little mag to look at right away.

lacychef said:
I've done this the past couple years. I do it for the first few months of a new season. In the past I've put a typed note inside the front with the party details; and a label on the outside that says "you're invited to a cooking show~see inside for details!" This season, I plan on doing a full page invite & mini inside an envelope.
I've felt that doing this has generated lots of excitement from people. The guests that come are excited to see the new stuff in person; and outside orders have gone up since they have a little mag to look at right away.

Hmmmm, this has me wondering if putting in a small order form right with the mini might not be a bad idea. I've seen the small order forms (2-4 to a page) on here before, wonder if I could find one now?

I mail them in a envelope with the a flyer with the host and guest specials for the next three months. The drawing is a good idea I will try that. I may do a prize for outside orders.

One thing is customers take them to work or somewhere else and other people can look at them. I had a lady bring several outside orders just from sending them a mini.

Ok, I am putting this in the invitation as well.....

Bring this mini catalog to the party to help recycle AND be entered into a drawing for the most "Environmentally Friendly" guest.

Has anybody got the min's host/guest flyer and the mini order forms. I am getting ready to send some out today or tomorrow with a CC Game Day invitation. Thanks for all of your help!

I have a lot of old mini catalogs left over. I thought about using them and then it would not be a big deal if I did not get tham back.

I need to look into the mini inserts more.

How do yall address yours with the party info? I see one below that puts it inside of the catalog. If that how most do? I considered this the other day for my show on 30th but could not decide how to do the show info, so, I decided to wait.

Does it cost more than one stamp if you just seal up the catalog and do not put it in an envelope? My host mail their invites. I do not. SO, I would need it to be simple and not too costly.

batroark said:
Has anybody got the min's host/guest flyer and the mini order forms. I am getting ready to send some out today or tomorrow with a CC Game Day invitation. Thanks for all of your help!

I didn't know PC had mini host/guest flyers and order forms. Do we order them on a supply order with everything else? I guess I'll have to look... and then add it to my list for my next order.

jessicafawn said:
I didn't know PC had mini host/guest flyers and order forms. Do we order them on a supply order with everything else? I guess I'll have to look... and then add it to my list for my next order.

No, they are not through the supplies order. They are made up from some of us. I found the Sept. & Oct. h/g flyers (2 per page) over in the flyers area here, but I have not found any mini order forms that someone was talking about.????? I am sure it is on here somewhere, just where????

I am not gonna invest in any minis this year - most people ask me for a FULL catty anyways. I think the mini cattys are a good idea - but haven't had very much sucess with people wanting/keeping them.

1. What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Are Mini Catalogs for Invites Worth the Extra Cost?

1. Is it really worth the extra cost to use mini catalogs for invitations instead of regular invites? 2. How much more expensive are mini catalogs compared to regular invites? 3. Will using mini catalogs make a significant difference in the success of my event? 4. Can mini catalogs be customized with my own information and branding? 5. Are there any other benefits to using mini catalogs instead of regular invites?

2. What do you all think about this idea? Good or bad?

Opinions may vary, but some potential benefits of using mini catalogs for invites include having a sample of products in front of guests, reducing the risk of invites being misplaced, and the opportunity to showcase a mix of new and familiar products. However, the added cost and need for envelopes may be a downside for some.

3. Do any of you already do this?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have seen some consultants use mini catalogs for invites with success. However, it ultimately depends on personal preference and budget.

4. Would it be worth the extra for you AND the host to do mini catalogs?

This ultimately depends on the individual situation and budget. If the added cost is feasible and the benefits of using mini catalogs are appealing, it may be worth it for both the consultant and the host. However, if budget is a concern, regular invites may still be a viable option.

5. The big plus side I see in this mini catalog is they sprinkled some of the old standards or the familiar products throughout this one instead of just the new products!

Yes, this can be a major benefit as it allows guests to see a mix of both new and familiar products, potentially sparking their interest in purchasing both. It also allows for a wider range of options for the host to choose from for their party, as they may have guests who are already familiar with some of the products in the catalog.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristine2011
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies