• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Invites... Pampered Chef Postcard, Original Postcard or Envelope Invite?

and a $9.37 t shirt for $20 and some change, and that includes delivery. I think you should go with the PC postcards and encourage them to invite 40 not 25
mconsola
I really don't like the PC postcards but I'm finding that it can be a pain to make, print, cut original invites. I also love the idea of mailing an envelope invite which doesn't cost a lot more (I cover invite costs/postage) and really makes it feel like an invitation to a fun event, rather than junk mail. What do you use and do you think it really makes a difference?

I designed fun postcards at vistaprint, which I got for free (not including S&H). You can usually get 100 free ones at a time, so you do have to keep ordering, or just buy a bunch at once, and pay for the ones after the first 100. Mine are pretty eye catching (I think!), but now I have just got my first theme show info from HO (in my changeover kit), I'm getting more excited about the PC theme show postcards (of course then you have to do theme shows!) and they are SO inexpensive.

I like the idea of printing full page home made invites (my director does this) but really, the extra cost (paper, ink, stamps (43c vs 27c)) really starts to add up.

If you send 25 per show, 4 shows a month then 16c x 100 invites = $10.60 MORE than a postcard (just sending 100 postcards is $27 for postage only!), not including the cost of paper and ink. For 150 invites per month this goes up to over $15 more.

Hope this helps!

If I can figure it out and have time, I'll post a picture of my vistaprint ones.

I use a variety - The PC ones, and also ones I've made at VistaPrint.

I tried the full page ones for a few months, but saw no difference in attendance or sales - so went back to the more cost effective postcards.

I have a full page invite that I email to my hostesses and they print/copy it and mail it or hand it out. No cost to me whatsoever!I used to use postcards but they are considered 3rd class mail and they kept getting lost in the mail around here. Your local sorting facility might treat them better--who knows?

I'd love to see the vistaprint ones! I've never checked there. When I do envelope invites I print one sheet, 4 to a page and make free B&W copies (at work) on colorful cardstock (which I do have to pay for) and so basically I'm stuffing a postcard into an envelope. When I add the cost of envelopes and first class stamps it works out to $13.18 for 25 invites. That's $6.43 more than stamping and mailing 25 free postcards. If only one guest accepts the invite vs loosing it or dismissing it as junk/solicitation mail then I'll certainly made my money back at the show. I'm really curious though, if this form of invite really makes a difference.

Like Deb, I use a full-page invite. Some of my postcards weren't getting to the guests when I used those. The first few months of the new selling season, I use a mini catalog as the invite, with a note inside with party details.

I think you should go with the PC postcards and encourage them to invite 40 not 25 i mail mine so they don't arrive on Wed with the junk mail and then don't have a problem with them arriving.

I didn't realize there was a specific day to receive junk mail. My postmaster must not either because I get it everyday!

I send the PC postcards. I print the host/guest info so I don't even have to make labels or do any handwriting. It is more cost effective & takes less time to print, cut, stuff envelopes. I haven't tried the other way so not sure if it is a better choice or not.

on Wed our area gets the grocery store circulars, the missing children postcards, local store ads etc so I send them when they won't arrive on the same day & be mixed up in that "junk mail"

Here's one I did on vista print. Got 100 of these free, a free rubber stamp, checks, note cards and a $9.37 t shirt for $20 and some change, and that includes delivery.

Attachments

• Vista Print Postcard Invite Front.jpg
    Vista Print Postcard Invite Front.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 496
  • Vista Print Postcard Invite Back.jpg
    Vista Print Postcard Invite Back.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 425
Teresa Lynn said:
I think you should go with the PC postcards and encourage them to invite 40 not 25

i mail mine so they don't arrive on Wed with the junk mail and then don't have a problem with them arriving.
I do encourage at least 40 invites. I was just using 25 as a figure to compare to pricing information from AnnieBee.

PamperChefCarol said:
Here's one I did on vista print. Got 100 of these free, a free rubber stamp, checks, note cards and a $9.37 t shirt for $20 and some change, and that includes delivery.

Did you create that yourself? You wouldn't happen to have it in a format that I steal, would you?!;) I love that design and would definately go the VistaPrint route if I could use an eye-catching postcard like that. Do you fill the info in by hand or on the 'puter?

ETA: I just found the template for that one on vista print. Thanks for the advice ladies! I think I'll try these for a while if they're free!

Last edited:
Sorry it took a while to get back to the computer! Here is mine, in case you're still interested in seeing it... Now I've actually started PC, I might need to review it... (I did these before I had even started...).

Although like I said, I'm getting more tempted by the PC theme show ones... I think people are more interested when they think the show is "special"!

Attachments

• VistaPrintPostcard.jpg
    VistaPrintPostcard.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 517
  • VistaPrintPostcardBack.jpg
    VistaPrintPostcardBack.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 359

1. What is the difference between the Invites... Pampered Chef Postcard, Original Postcard, and Envelope Invite?

The Invites... Pampered Chef Postcard is a customizable postcard specifically designed for inviting guests to a Pampered Chef party. The Original Postcard is a pre-printed postcard with a generic invitation to a Pampered Chef party. The Envelope Invite is a blank envelope that can be used to send a handwritten invitation to a Pampered Chef party.

2. Can I personalize the Invites... Pampered Chef Postcard with my own information?

Yes, the Invites... Pampered Chef Postcard can be personalized with your name, party date, and contact information before being mailed out to guests.

3. How many Invites... Pampered Chef Postcards are included in a pack?

There are 50 Invites... Pampered Chef Postcards included in each pack.

4. Do I have to use the Invites... Pampered Chef Postcard or can I use my own invitation?

You are not required to use the Invites... Pampered Chef Postcard. However, it is a convenient and professional option for inviting guests to your Pampered Chef party.

5. Can I purchase additional Invites... Pampered Chef Postcards?

Yes, additional Invites... Pampered Chef Postcards can be purchased separately if you run out of the initial 50 included in the pack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mama2emma
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • tashayoung