• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Custom Invitations: Postcards, Flyers, or Envelopes?

T
tashayoung
Do you use the PC postcards or make your own invitations?

If you make your own...do you make postcards, flyers that you fold and mail as is, or flyers in envelopes?

Just curious what everyone else does.

I purchase the postcards from PC and I mail them myself. This way I know that my hosts Actually has at least 30 invited:) I did one show with the
e-vites through my website and have elected NOT to offer that again. It is too Easy for guests to say NO. If I send the invites they have been invited at least Once (by me) (should be twice-Once from the host ,and the postcard from me) But at LEAST I KNOW they were invited. Then the host should do reminder calls two-three days prior to the show. HTH Laurel

P.S. I place the invites in an Envelope (Postcards get Lost too easily) or mixed in Pennysaver type flyers.

I do a mix of things. I send invites for my host.

I use the PC cards most of the time.

I have a great Power Cooking postcard that I made in Publisher and use for that specialty show.

I also just sent some invites that were full page flyers in an envelope.

I am finding more and more that guests aren't getting their postcards via the mail as noted above, so I always make sure that the host calls them.

DebbieJ said:
I do a mix of things. I send invites for my host.

I use the PC cards most of the time.

I have a great Power Cooking postcard that I made in Publisher and use for that specialty show.

I also just sent some invites that were full page flyers in an envelope.

I am finding more and more that guests aren't getting their postcards via the mail as noted above, so I always make sure that the host calls them.

Really good to know! I have been wondering about that.

I make up full-page invites for each show. I try to make each one special for that host.

I only fold them in half and staple or tape them together, then address the outside and stamp the flyer itselt. I asked the lady at the post office and she said that would be fine. It saves on envelopes and time.

I use the mini catalog as my invite. I type up a generic note saying they're invited to a PC show, and list the host's info, & put my instructions if they want to order but can't come. I tape it inside the front cover. Then I also make a label to put on the outside of the flyer that says "you're invited to a cooking show....see inside for details". That way they don't think they're just getting "junk" from me. Works well for me:)

I use both the PC post cards or full page flyers depending on theme or not.

Do any of you have any examples of the full pagers you send? I've always done the post cards, but they are easily lost in the mail.

Yes full page invitations would be nice to see...

Make 'em!I usually make my own flyers as well...I don't like the postcards, as they are easily misplaced. I usually print them on neon heavy duty paper (not quite cardstock), then fold and mail. I send them out so I know that they ahve been sent, as I have been burned before by hosts forgetting to send them out. I hope this works, as this is my first post...

Related to Creating Custom Invitations: Postcards, Flyers, or Envelopes?

1. What is the difference between postcards, flyers, and envelopes for custom invitations?

Postcards are single sheets of paper with a pre-printed design on one side and blank space on the other for writing your invitation. Flyers are typically larger and can be folded or left as a single sheet, also with a pre-printed design on one side. Envelopes are used to hold folded invitations or multiple sheets of paper, with a pre-printed design on the outside.

2. Why would someone choose to use PC postcards for custom invitations?

PC postcards are a convenient and cost-effective option for creating custom invitations. They can be easily designed and printed at home using a computer and printer, and they can be mailed without the need for an additional envelope.

3. What are the benefits of making your own invitations?

Making your own invitations allows for complete customization and creativity in the design process. You can also save money by using your own materials and printing at home. Additionally, making your own invitations can be a fun and enjoyable activity.

4. Which type of DIY invitation is most commonly used?

It really depends on personal preference and the occasion. Postcards are a popular choice for casual events such as parties or save-the-dates, while flyers in envelopes are typically used for more formal events such as weddings or corporate events.

5. Are there any important factors to consider when creating custom invitations?

Yes, it is important to consider the occasion, audience, and budget when creating custom invitations. The design and format should also reflect the tone and theme of the event. Additionally, make sure to leave enough time for printing and mailing the invitations before the event date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
debbieskitchenhelper
  • pcmissyfee