• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Minis Do You or Your Host Send Out

In summary, a mini catalog costs around 50 cents to mail and you can save by following up with a phone call or postcard.
ilovpc
Gold Member
I would like to know what's the average number of mini catalogs that you or your host use as invitations. I know that with the postcards we should give them 40, but for me to give out 40 minis is a lot.

I been giving them 20 and I always ask them that if they need more to let me know. As of today a have had good number of people at my shows.

So...how many do you use per show?

Thanks,

I have not used postcards, nor handed any out since my first show. I use mini's as my invites and host coach to get 40 names/addresses. When they ask for invites to hand out to people, I too give them mini's with a label on them "like" the one that is on CC but I make my own (I personally don't like their's nor does it ever line up right with my printer). So every show I go through 40+ and prob closer to 50.

I know what I do with a postcard invite (filed in the garbage can or misplaced) vs if I get something to look at, I sit down and 'snoop' through it.

Do you have an invite insert you put in your minis or do you make up a full page invite and put the mini in the envelope? They just take one stamp right?

Melissa78 said:
I have not used postcards, nor handed any out since my first show. I use mini's as my invites and host coach to get 40 names/addresses. When they ask for invites to hand out to people, I too give them mini's with a label on them "like" the one that is on CC but I make my own (I personally don't like their's nor does it ever line up right with my printer). So every show I go through 40+ and prob closer to 50.

I know what I do with a postcard invite (filed in the garbage can or misplaced) vs if I get something to look at, I sit down and 'snoop' through it.

do you pay for the postage or do you have the host pay? I do agree that looking at a mini is a lot nicer than getting a post card.

My best shows have been using mini catalogs as invitations - I ask the hostess for 35-40 contacts with 2 ways to reach them (phone, email, address). I use PC's label and make another for the front of the catalog (See these Saturday 7pm at Liz's show; look on back cover for details!) You do need to seal the catalog on 3 sides; I use either tiny amounts of scotch tape or the sticky edges left from a book of stamps. One first class stamp on each. Even if there were 40 to mail, my cost is less than $.50/contact, and results pay you back. The lowest show total I've had when I've sent invitations (yes I pay for postage--I figure it's 50 cents per lead, and some will purchase, so it pays for itself) is $835, several $1K shows, one over $2200.When I've sent them, I then follow up with a phone call and/or post card. This is key! Not to do it is to waste my time and postage. My phone call is usually, "Hi, Marcine! This is Scott with the Pampered Chef and I sent you a mini catalog invitation to Liz's show Saturday. Did you receive the catalog? Great! Any questions about what you saw? No problem. I did want to remind you that if you can possibly bring a guest - sister, friend, co-worker, both you and your friend will get a gift at the show! Or, if you bring a paid order for a friend, you will get a gift at the show. Also, if you ever think of anyone who might be able to use more income in today's economy, please refer them to me. Our business is great, no layoffs, and it continues to grow! Let me know at the show, if you'd like to get some awesome FREE Pampered Chef products for your kitchen, I have dates open (1) and (2). See you Saturday; you're going to love that quick inexpensive recipe for mini tiramisu cakes! Come a little early since I have an on-time drawing; see you then!(same message for voicemail, leaving my phone before starting and again at end of message)If they cannot come - I'm sorry that you'll miss our fun Saturday, but Liz was hoping you could still help her out by placing an online order. See my website listed on the back of the catalog? Go there, pick "Our Products" and when prompted, put in Liz Campbell as your host. As you make your product selections, it will calculate your total and help Liz get items free! Also, please mark on there that you'd like to have your own cooking show, and I can share this with Saturday's guests. Liz will come, and probably some of her other guests will as well! My last host spent just $48 and received $300 in items for free, six times the value of money she spent! The host prior spent nothing and received over $140 in free Pampered Chef products! Isn't that terrific?

I don't give mini catties to the host to hand out. I mail the mini's w/ the label (a reformatted one from the one PC provides) and put them inside a brightly colored envelope.

I do email a flyer with all the show info for the people that the host wants to invite who was not on the original guest list. I email it to the host and he/she then emails, prints and passes it out...etc.

pctharper said:
Do you have an invite insert you put in your minis or do you make up a full page invite and put the mini in the envelope? They just take one stamp right?

Full page insert that I accordian style fold around the mini.
I insist on having the directions for using the website (step by step) on there and then the guest special, a graphic or two, host info etc.

Make sure you watch what paper you use meaning their weight. One light piece of paper (say copy paper/ink jet) is good - some others like "Brights" are heavier and it comes to EXACTLY one ounce when I take them to the PO. Over an ounce means more postage.

I also have done the PC style label *but again, its something I've created in MS Word as I don't care for the HO template* and just done that on the mini and inserted the catalog in an envelope.

I put a label on the front of the mini that reads "This Mini-Catalog is just a smapling of the hundreds of items we have in our full catalog. Sneak a peak at all items by visiting: www.pamperedchef.biz/mywebpage" because I have had people think that's all we offer. This was especially important for the holiday mini b/c most of the kitchen staples were not in there and people thought it was more a party for baking tools.

Hope that helps.

pctharper said:

Always an envelope. Got tired of taping the mini and it looks better in the envelope. I get the peel & seal ones at Sams.

Melissa78 said:
Full page insert that I accordian style fold around the mini.
I insist on having the directions for using the website (step by step) on there and then the guest special, a graphic or two, host info etc.

Make sure you watch what paper you use meaning their weight. One light piece of paper (say copy paper/ink jet) is good - some others like "Brights" are heavier and it comes to EXACTLY one ounce when I take them to the PO. Over an ounce means more postage.

I also have done the PC style label *but again, its something I've created in MS Word as I don't care for the HO template* and just done that on the mini and inserted the catalog in an envelope.

I put a label on the front of the mini that reads "This Mini-Catalog is just a smapling of the hundreds of items we have in our full catalog. Sneak a peak at all items by visiting: www.pamperedchef.biz/mywebpage" because I have had people think that's all we offer. This was especially important for the holiday mini b/c most of the kitchen staples were not in there and people thought it was more a party for baking tools.

Hope that helps.

I usually can find my way around a site, but I can't find this.

Also, is your template on the files tab here?

scottcooks said:
My best shows have been using mini catalogs as invitations - I ask the hostess for 35-40 contacts with 2 ways to reach them (phone, email, address). I use PC's label and make another for the front of the catalog (See these Saturday 7pm at Liz's show; look on back cover for details!) You do need to seal the catalog on 3 sides; I use either tiny amounts of scotch tape or the sticky edges left from a book of stamps. One first class stamp on each. Even if there were 40 to mail, my cost is less than $.50/contact, and results pay you back. The lowest show total I've had when I've sent invitations (yes I pay for postage--I figure it's 50 cents per lead, and some will purchase, so it pays for itself) is $835, several $1K shows, one over $2200.

When I've sent them, I then follow up with a phone call and/or post card. This is key! Not to do it is to waste my time and postage. My phone call is usually, "Hi, Marcine! This is Scott with the Pampered Chef and I sent you a mini catalog invitation to Liz's show Saturday. Did you receive the catalog? Great! Any questions about what you saw? No problem. I did want to remind you that if you can possibly bring a guest - sister, friend, co-worker, both you and your friend will get a gift at the show! Or, if you bring a paid order for a friend, you will get a gift at the show. Also, if you ever think of anyone who might be able to use more income in today's economy, please refer them to me. Our business is great, no layoffs, and it continues to grow! Let me know at the show, if you'd like to get some awesome FREE Pampered Chef products for your kitchen, I have dates open (1) and (2). See you Saturday; you're going to love that quick inexpensive recipe for mini tiramisu cakes! Come a little early since I have an on-time drawing; see you then!

(same message for voicemail, leaving my phone before starting and again at end of message)

If they cannot come - I'm sorry that you'll miss our fun Saturday, but Liz was hoping you could still help her out by placing an online order. See my website listed on the back of the catalog? Go there, pick "Our Products" and when prompted, put in Liz Campbell as your host. As you make your product selections, it will calculate your total and help Liz get items free! Also, please mark on there that you'd like to have your own cooking show, and I can share this with Saturday's guests. Liz will come, and probably some of her other guests will as well! My last host spent just $48 and received $300 in items for free, six times the value of money she spent! The host prior spent nothing and received over $140 in free Pampered Chef products! Isn't that terrific?

Wow! That's pretty good! I think you have convinced me to use the 40 minis. I'm also going to start asking for the guest addresses so I can mail the minis. I'm sure my host will be very happy about this.

I love how you follow up too! I'm going to steal your words:D

where do you find pc's label for mini's??

Melissa78 said:

Hope that helps.

I just hate the label template on CC for the invitations. Do you have a template that you can share? I was thinking about doing a mail merge but hadn't gotten around to it.

1. How many minis do you typically send out as a host?

As a host, I usually send out around 5-10 minis to my guests. The exact number may vary depending on the size of the event and the number of guests attending.

2. How many minis can I expect to receive as a guest?

As a guest, you can typically expect to receive 1-2 minis per host. This may also vary depending on the event and the number of guests in attendance.

3. Can I request a specific number of minis from my host?

Yes, you can certainly request a specific number of minis from your host. However, it's important to keep in mind that hosts may have limitations on the number of minis they can send out and may not be able to fulfill your request.

4. Are there any guidelines for how many minis to send out as a host?

While there are no strict guidelines, it's generally recommended to send out at least 1 mini per guest. Additionally, you may want to consider the budget and resources available to you as a host before deciding on the exact number of minis to send out.

5. Is it okay to send out more or less minis than the recommended amount?

Yes, it's completely up to the host's discretion to send out more or less minis than the recommended amount. Some hosts may choose to send out more as a gesture of generosity, while others may limit the number of minis to stay within their budget. Ultimately, the most important thing is to communicate with your guests and set clear expectations about the number of minis they can expect to receive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • babywings76