• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

(Long)Angry Miserable Customer Nasty Nasty Nasty

In summary, Amanda's mother dropped off a check to Carolyn and asked her to print up a gift certificate for Amanda's birthday, but Carolyn didn't hear back from Amanda so she assumed she was out of town for Easter and called her, but Amanda's mother was angry and insulted that Carolyn didn't follow up after 10 days and called her a crock.
dannyzmom said:
Mom blasted me with another happy email this morning. I wrote her back basically saying enough is enough - I will NOT be attacked and belittled. The GC will be in her mailbox by tuesday and I'd appreciate if she found herself a nother PC consultant if ever she should need one.
What did she say in this email?

OMG Carolyn, how horrible. I would have wanted to spit nails at her! I think you handled yourself very well. It was a comedy of errors and she chose to take the low road - kudos to you for taking the high road girlfriend. Sounds to me like this woman has a whole lot more going on than anyone knows. Are you going to say something to her daughter about the situation? Be very careful how you approach it with her, it sounds like a very touchy subject and I don't envy you that task. Coul dbe that there is a bad situation, I'd be tempted to say nothing and if your friend ever confides in you about problems with mom maybe that is the time to tell her what happened....I don't know what I'd do. Let us know the outcome if and when you do.

I think you handled it wonderfully! I would have been having a little extra chocolate too~~from one chocoholic to another;)

Something just triggered a thought?What if this is all from jealousy? What if the mom is jealous of the friendship you have with her daughter and was looking for a quick easy way to destroy it?I have an aunt who would do something this horrible to her daughter out of jealousy. We've watched it for years and it is a mental issue for her but she isn't on any meds for anything else and I don't know if a doctor would diagnose her because the jealousy and anger is only directed at the daughter.My mom has become my cousin's surrogate mom (cousin is 42 in August!!!!) because of the ups and downs with her own mom. She switches back and forth between nice, helpful mom and a sabotaging mom - it's odd....just a thought...

Hey, Carolyn, do you need my ankle-kicking services? How dare she pick on one of my buddies!You just let me know if you need me.I'll do it.
I mean it.

Last edited:
Rae, I just love th visual of you running around kicking ankles!

raebates said:
Hey, Carolyn, do you need my ankle-kicking services? How dare she pick on one of my buddies!

You just let me know if you need me.

I'll do it.
I mean it.

Hey Rae - how did that smiley get a black eye and a missing tooth if you're running around kicking ankles? Or did you tell him to bend over and kiss his butt good-bye and get him while he passed his ankles???? :rolleyes:

Linda, It would be great exercise. Of course, the good thing is that I wouldn't have to run too fast to get away. :)Janet, the last one was a little faster on the recovery than I expected. ;)

Well said Nanisu!
Nanisu said:
Thanks for your kind comments. When referring to my mom (who definitely is a little high on the "how many things can I complain about today" scale), I just wanted Carolyn to not let this friend's mom wreck her friendship with her neighbor--my guess is the daughter already knows that the mom is capable of popping off like this already, LOL. Carolyn, this is a wonderful business and you will definitely meet more hosts and guests that you like than ones like this one. My business has been such a blessing.
I whole heartedly agree, some people really do like to be mad.

Bless her little heart for caring so much for her daughter that she protectively stood up for her. :angel: IF she truly didn't get your phone message, she obviously didn't get the email due to the bounce back notice, then she was being a protective mother bear {roar} if you will. I do feel she over reacted in the first place and was just being obnoxious after hearing what happened on your end. So bless her little heart for being a protective mother bear.

:eek: YIKES. :eek:

Please don't get me for trying to take a positive approach. Benefit of doubt, I can hear my old boss saying that to all of us under her. I would just let it die there you have proof if you need it so I would have just sent her a Season's Best thanking her for getting her a daughter a gift certificate along with the g/c.

I hope the order goes though quickly and painlessly. If she asks for her money back then just do it quickly to be done with her. Whatever the case I hope you will be done with this mess soon.

BigHug.gif

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is the story behind this angry, miserable customer?</h2><p>The customer, named Amanda, attended a cooking show hosted by the Pampered Chef consultant. Her mother also attended and was very complimentary towards the consultant. The mother later asked for a gift certificate to be made for Amanda's birthday, and left a check under the consultant's doormat. The consultant tried to contact the mother to arrange delivering the gift certificate, but did not hear back until receiving an angry email from the mother about not receiving the gift certificate.</p><h2>2. Why did the consultant not deliver the gift certificate in person?</h2><p>The consultant did not want to risk ruining the birthday surprise for Amanda by showing up while she was visiting her mother's house. Instead, the consultant left a voicemail and email for the mother to arrange a suitable time for delivery.</p><h2>3. What was the mother's response to the consultant's attempts to contact her?</h2><p>The mother sent an email accusing the consultant of neglecting her and risking Amanda missing out on her birthday present. The consultant responded with an explanation and apology, but the mother continued to accuse the consultant of lying.</p><h2>4. Did the consultant actually neglect to deliver the gift certificate?</h2><p>No, the consultant had sent an email to the mother, but it was not delivered due to technical issues. The consultant provided proof of this to the mother, but she still accused the consultant of being dishonest.</p><h2>5. How did the consultant handle the situation?</h2><p>The consultant apologized and explained the situation to the mother. She also provided evidence of the undelivered email and offered to send the gift certificate through the mail to avoid further conflict. The consultant also expressed concern for the mother's well-being, as she had previously mentioned being a recovering alcoholic. The consultant did not receive a response from the mother after providing this information.</p>

1. What is the story behind this angry, miserable customer?

The customer, named Amanda, attended a cooking show hosted by the Pampered Chef consultant. Her mother also attended and was very complimentary towards the consultant. The mother later asked for a gift certificate to be made for Amanda's birthday, and left a check under the consultant's doormat. The consultant tried to contact the mother to arrange delivering the gift certificate, but did not hear back until receiving an angry email from the mother about not receiving the gift certificate.

2. Why did the consultant not deliver the gift certificate in person?

The consultant did not want to risk ruining the birthday surprise for Amanda by showing up while she was visiting her mother's house. Instead, the consultant left a voicemail and email for the mother to arrange a suitable time for delivery.

3. What was the mother's response to the consultant's attempts to contact her?

The mother sent an email accusing the consultant of neglecting her and risking Amanda missing out on her birthday present. The consultant responded with an explanation and apology, but the mother continued to accuse the consultant of lying.

4. Did the consultant actually neglect to deliver the gift certificate?

No, the consultant had sent an email to the mother, but it was not delivered due to technical issues. The consultant provided proof of this to the mother, but she still accused the consultant of being dishonest.

5. How did the consultant handle the situation?

The consultant apologized and explained the situation to the mother. She also provided evidence of the undelivered email and offered to send the gift certificate through the mail to avoid further conflict. The consultant also expressed concern for the mother's well-being, as she had previously mentioned being a recovering alcoholic. The consultant did not receive a response from the mother after providing this information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chef maureen