• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explaining My Kilo Club Host Discount to a Customer

my kilo club hosts and offer them a 20% discount on their orders thru Dec 6th. Tonight one of my kilo club members (AFTER reading the email) attended a show done by one of my downline consultants. That consultant called me during check-out to explain that this gal was ordering and was asking for the extra 20% I had offered. I explained to her (my consultant) who then explained to the customer. The customer emailed me when she got home: Hi Carolyn,I was not clear with xxx's explanation regarding your notes below about an additional 20% off. Can you please explain what you meant with anything between now and Dec 6th for 20% off?X
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I sent out an email to my Kilo Club hosts yesterday offering them an additional 20% discount on their orders thru Dec 6th.

Tonight one of my kilo club members (AFTER reading the email) attended a show done by one of my downline consultants. That consultant called me during check-out to explain that this gal was ordering and was asking for the extra 20% I had offered. I explained to her (my consultant) who then explained to the customer. The customer emailed me when she got home:

Hi Carolyn

I was not clear with xxx's explanation regarding your notes below about an additional 20% off.

Can you please explain what you meant with anything between now and Dec 6th for 20% off ?

Xxx just gave me the 10% past host discount.

Thanks
Xxxxx

--------------------

I wrote back to her:
The extra 20% off is a personal Thank You gift I give out to my "Kilo Club" hosts (hosts who have held $1000+ shows for me in the past). That is not a discount the company is offering, it is a personal Thank You gift from me...
:)

---------------------------
she replied:

Are you able to apply it to my order that I placed tonight.

My total order was $ 217.22

Xxxxx
---------------------------------

How do I explain to her that I cannot apply MY discount to someone else's show? HELP????????

Yikes!!! Did your offer state that offer is only good with orders with you? Sounds like this lady would pull her order with xxxx if you explained it to her. I don't understand people sometimes. Sorry I am not much help, Carolyn.

I have something I would like to say to her, but it wouldn't be considered good customer service!!!:grumpy:

You are just going to have to reiterate that deal was for purchases with you and coming out of your pocket. You cannot apply the offer to her order with another consultant and take money away from her so to speak.

At least she spends a lot! :)

agree with Janet. Just re-explain that you cannot give her the 20% off of an order placed with a different consultant or off of a different show. Tell her again that you really appreciate her business either way.

Perhaps your downline would be willing to give her 5% or even 10% off her order since it's such a large order. At least she'd get something.

You shouldn't give her the 20% off. Obviously, while it is a thank you, it's also a way for us to increase our sales. That's why it's important (and a good reminder to us) to include a line saying this is my personal offer only redeemable through me. For a customer not to get that, well...we all want to get as much as possible for as little. It's up to your consultant to decide if they want to give a discount (I do much of the time...usually give a gift and put it on the host order when it's a large order).

I'm impressed you aren't a little irked that one of YOUR hosts is spending that much at another party!! I tell some of my customers that it IS okay to go to other parties and buy something, but if they are spending over $50...they better have a good reason! :p

I agree with Jules. She's YOUR client! I would let the client know that "this offer was a personal offer redeemable only through me as a thank you for your business with me this year". I know it's hard to say, but I'd be ticked (have been) when I had a client spend a lot at another's show.

I ditto what everyone else said. Just tell her that this is through you only. Something that you wanted to do for your Kilo customers. It is coming out of your own pocket.

I don't agree with everyone who says that she should only spend her money with you if it's a lot. Your guests/hosts have the right to spend their money where they want to. Maybe she really wanted the stuff, bought Christmas presents or was helping the host out.

Now I do agree that you need to put your foot down. Just tell her that this was your offer to help out your awesome hosts from the last year. Sort of an "You scratch my back, I scratch yours" deal. Let her know, that you will not honor the 20% off through the other consultant because that would have to come out of her pocket since it was her show.

I would explain that it was thru you only,
but I'm not understanding why should she be ticked that the customer spent that much with somone else? we don't have territories or exclusitivity to our customers.
I keep in touch with many of my customers and I know they do attend other shows in our area but I don't get angry if they purchase more from someone else's show... maybe the finances are different at the current time or the new cons. enticed them more or whatever...
Does the Manager I see a few times a week at Kroger get irritated if I spend more at Albertsons???

I'm one of those that don't understand being ticked about her spending money at someone else's show. There could be alot of reasons why.......the host may be a friend or relative and she is trying to help with their show sales, or she may have just been excited about the good deal on SA this month, and thought of several people who would love it as Christmas presents....

I think honesty is the best policy - just reiterate that the discount is a bonus discount only available when purchased through you, but that her 10% Phd does apply for any orders she places.

Carolyn
What did you end up doing?

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm one of those that don't understand being ticked about her spending money at someone else's show. There could be alot of reasons why.......the host may be a friend or relative and she is trying to help with their show sales, or she may have just been excited about the good deal on SA this month, and thought of several people who would love it as Christmas presents....

I think honesty is the best policy - just reiterate that the discount is a bonus discount only available when purchased through you, but that her 10% Phd does apply for any orders she places.

I agree becky - I am not peeved one bit that she's spending $ with another consultant - expecially because that consultant is MY downline. I am thrilled to see my team succeeding and selling. At this point, customer wants to cancel her order for a $195 pot (POR POINTS FOR MY DOWNLINE!!!!!) and order it through me for the biger discount. This communication has all come thru email. I will call her later today and see if I can convince her to keep the order with my downline gal and offer her a free item from my stock worth $39 (th amount she would save if buying it thru me) because I can't bear to see her A) screw my downline consultant out of the POR points, B) and the commission, and C) hurt that host's show

That's a tough one. I'm sure it will all work out. When you're nice and have right motives it comes through. You're making the right decisions IMO. :)

dannyzmom said:
I agree becky - I am not peeved one bit that she's spending $ with another consultant - expecially because that consultant is MY downline. I am thrilled to see my team succeeding and selling. At this point, customer wants to cancel her order for a $195 pot (POR POINTS FOR MY DOWNLINE!!!!!) and order it through me for the biger discount. This communication has all come thru email. I will call her later today and see if I can convince her to keep the order with my downline gal and offer her a free item from my stock worth $39 (th amount she would save if buying it thru me) because I can't bear to see her A) screw my downline consultant out of the POR points, B) and the commission, and C) hurt that host's show

My director always says if you do the right thing for the right reason at the right time - you will be successful.

This is evidence of why you are successful!

dannyzmom said:

This sounds like an appropriate route to go. I cannot believe this lady is being this way (well, I guess I can believe it when you consider how some people can be).

wadesgirl said:
This sounds like an appropriate route to go. I cannot believe this lady is being this way (well, I guess I can believe it when you consider how some people can be).

On the flip side, the lady is just trying to save money. You can't really fault her for trying to spend the least amount of money possible. I'm not saying she should get the 20% off, because I don't think she should. But I am saying that "the closed mouth never gets fed." How would she have known if she could get the discount if she never asked? I do hope that she'll suck it up and keep her order with the original consultant though. I know a few of my customers who would be peeved if I didn't give them the discount and would find another consultant (meaning they would replace me). Most of the time, the right thing isn't the easy thing.

DanielleQ said:
On the flip side, the lady is just trying to save money. You can't really fault her for trying to spend the least amount of money possible. I'm not saying she should get the 20% off, because I don't think she should. But I am saying that "the closed mouth never gets fed." How would she have known if she could get the discount if she never asked? I do hope that she'll suck it up and keep her order with the original consultant though. I know a few of my customers who would be peeved if I didn't give them the discount and would find another consultant (meaning they would replace me). Most of the time, the right thing isn't the easy thing.

I was talking about her canceling her order. She was already getting 10% off for the past host discount.

Ok - disaster averted - she is keeping her order with my downline gal and is allowing me to make it up to her with a free trifle bowl ($39 item - the amount she'd save) and I can get the trifle at 60% off in December because my neighbor is doing a catalog show and doesn't want the trifle bowl...whew!

Glad to hear it worked out for you and your downline!

Good going, Carolyn!

Excellent, Carolyn! I don't blame the customer for trying to save money but what a situation!!! On my offers I do clarify that the offer is good with an order from me only. I also put that if the order is placed on line that I will reimburse them the savings because it is an offer only I can validate for them.
:thumbup: Sounds like it was a win win situation. :thumbup:​

I'm glad to see that you figured out a solution. Sorry that my statement was misinterpreted. I don't expect all of my customers to only buy from me. Best friends and family...well, they just don't shop much with others...mostly b/c I'm the host of most of the shows they attend :) .

OF COURSE, everyone has every right to host a show, buy from or sign with another consultant. I don't appreciate consultants being territorial either. We are all different so suit different people and different times. I would not want to hurt another consultant's sales or host's benefits. I would just think "bummer"! That's why the :p in my message. Funny!!!

1. What is the Kilo Club Host Discount?

The Kilo Club Host Discount is a special promotion for our Pampered Chef hosts who reach a certain sales goal, typically 1,000 in product sales in one party. As a thank you for reaching this goal, hosts are eligible for a discount on their personal purchases.

2. How much is the Kilo Club Host Discount?

The Kilo Club Host Discount is a 10% discount on your personal purchases. This means that for every $100 in product sales from your party, you will receive a $10 discount on your own purchases.

3. How do I know if I qualify for the Kilo Club Host Discount?

You will receive an email from your Pampered Chef consultant after your party, letting you know if you have reached the sales goal for the Kilo Club Host Discount. You can also track your sales and progress towards the discount on your consultant's website.

4. Can I combine the Kilo Club Host Discount with other discounts or offers?

No, the Kilo Club Host Discount cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. It is a stand-alone promotion for hosts who reach the sales goal.

5. How long is the Kilo Club Host Discount valid for?

The Kilo Club Host Discount is valid for 30 days after the date of your party. This gives you plenty of time to use your discount on any products you may have had your eye on from your party. After 30 days, the discount will expire and cannot be used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
  • SummerG
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jenniferp417
  • kam