• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Pampered Chef Home Office!!

maybe.Sounds like you have a great plan! I love the desk you picked. Personally, I think a bright color would really help to set the tone for your business. Maybe something like pink or green?
This thread is cracking me up!
Maybe because I am a closet Un-Organized Mommy LOL

I say JillySue gets a Sticky on organization skills!
Thanks for all the great tips!

chefmelody said:
Hahah! My hubby swears I don't have a desk, just a massive desk-shaped pile of papers. I know where everything is, but don't dare pull something from the bottom of the stack!

DH drew the line when I started expanding into the living room with my laptop, though. >_>
That's hilarious! Now that I have the wireless internet, I can travel to any part of the house with laptop and that's one of the problems. That's why stuff piles up on our island because that's my 2nd "desk." There's a nice table in our dining room that you can't see until you actually step into the room, so that becomes a table to piles stuff on during last minute clean-ups, then it stays there. If I were really brave, I'd post that picture too!:D

Be Brave My Child>>>be Brave>>>lol

dannyzmom said:
Look!! You're all speechelss!! I scared you all away!

Actually Carolyn, I was afraid until now to open your attached pictures - my fear was that after you had made such a statement about your office, that I would open the pictures, and see an office that was still way neater than mine!
You are a brave woman! And I would have to say that my desk looks just about like yours! It is such a relief to know that I'm not alone!
It really is my goal to get it all organized this month - but I don't have a friend like JillySue who can come do it for me.....and she lives too far away to come help with mine.:( So you will have to post an after picture so I can get some ideas! I do love the way you have your post cards tho'!

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually Carolyn, I was afraid until now to open your attached pictures - my fear was that after you had made such a statement about your office, that I would open the pictures, and see an office that was still way neater than mine!
You are a brave woman! And I would have to say that my desk looks just about like yours! It is such a relief to know that I'm not alone!
It really is my goal to get it all organized this month - but I don't have a friend like JillySue who can come do it for me.....and she lives too far away to come help with mine.:( So you will have to post an after picture so I can get some ideas! I do love the way you have your post cards tho'!

Becky...
Back in college, I had a roommate/sorority sister who was sloppy like you & me. We were in your typical 11x12 room with L shaped bunk beds, a love seat, a fridge, books, clothing, etc... One morning after a long night of partying, Krissy, my roomie turned up missing. We were all panicked as she'd been hanging out with a frat boy the night before and we weren't sure if they'd hooked up & maybe she went home w/him or whatever. We called over to his house and there was no sign of her - we looked all over our house - her car was in the parking lot but there was no sign of Krissy. Hours went by - it was almost dinner time - 60 sorority girls panicking and crying because we can't find her. Just then, I sat down on our loveseat with another one of our sisters crying because we were about to call Krissy's parents...a SCREAM came out from under us. Krissy had come home from the party & passed out on the loveseat using the piles of clothing that were strewn on it to cover herself up like a blanket. When I came home from the party (after her), I got undressed in the dark and tossed my clothing on the loveseat (thus burying her further). All the time we were looking for her - she's been zonked on the loveseat...this is what can happen when two slobs live together - LOL

dannyzmom said:
Becky...
Back in college, I had a roommate/sorority sister who was sloppy like you & me. We were in your typical 11x12 room with L shaped bunk beds, a love seat, a fridge, books, clothing, etc... One morning after a long night of partying, Krissy, my roomie turned up missing. We were all panicked as she'd been hanging out with a frat boy the night before and we weren't sure if they'd hooked up & maybe she went home w/him or whatever. We called over to his house and there was no sign of her - we looked all over our house - her car was in the parking lot but there was no sign of Krissy. Hours went by - it was almost dinner time - 60 sorority girls panicking and crying because we can't find her. Just then, I sat down on our loveseat with another one of our sisters crying because we were about to call Krissy's parents...a SCREAM came out from under us. Krissy had come home from the party & passed out on the loveseat using the piles of clothing that were strewn on it to cover herself up like a blanket. When I came home from the party (after her), I got undressed in the dark and tossed my clothing on the loveseat (thus burying her further). All the time we were looking for her - she's been zonked on the loveseat...this is what can happen when two slobs live together - LOL
LMAO.....brings back memories!!

WowOk... no, I do not have the nerve to post a pic of my pit...I mean office, but seeing that I am not the only one with a messy office makes me feel so much better!! I have to show some of these pics to my hubby who was just whining about my office last night. (He attempted to use it). LOLOLOL

Veevahchef said:
Ok... no, I do not have the nerve to post a pic of my pit...I mean office, but seeing that I am not the only one with a messy office makes me feel so much better!! I have to show some of these pics to my hubby who was just whining about my office last night. (He attempted to use it). LOLOLOL

Oh come on now - help me to feel better about myself!

Pilers and Sisterhood of Messy Unite!This thread is so funny and so needed!!! Carolyn, you crack me up and along with Becky, Cheryl and others.... I am a member of the Sisterhood of Messy Offices! (I have 2 messy offices) I work another job and I think I sometimes thrive on being able to pull a paper out of a pile (not a neat pile at that) when someone is looking for something! I am a boss at this job and I have signs such as Garfield "this isn't a desk...it's a landfill" and " a clean desk is a sign of a wasted life" LOL!!! My secretary will put supplies away and not be able to find them and then I tick her off when I can find things at a moment's notice! :D
I have not seen an office on here that is as messy as mine has been or is right now:eek: , but I do strive to "get better":eek: at organizing. I HAVE files on my computer but still have paper piles and sometimes my computer files get to be too much! This past spring and summer things became extremely bad. With work (not PC) I spend about 9 hours out of my home, I am a director with 15 and growing in my downline. Last year I earned TPC and Level 3 trip for the past 2 years. I want to become an Advanced Director with in the next 5 years and retire from my "day job" in 7 to 10 years. Last spring, my parents needed a lot more help.:( LONG story short, my Dad had heart problems, a double knee replacement and had several complications after his surgery. My Mom has developed back problems and the meds she was taking effected her thinking, etc. They have 2 cottages that they rent every year and I suddenly had to take over much of the scheduling, cleaning, etc. I made it through by telling myself that next year I would have a better system down and I do, but there was VERY little time for cleaning. (They are both doing much better now, but the camps have become mostly my responsibility:eek: )
When I get my camera back from my son, I will be brave and post some pictures. I do want to improve...I will NEVER be as wonderful as you, Jillysue, but progress is good for me! My mother and my brother have the same "cleaning" gene (the same one Jillysue has!). My brother works a stressful 12 hour day, has a dog and still...his house needs to have a few Burger King wrappers thrown on the floor so it looks a little lived in!!!
I have researched this and I am called a "piler". This means that although my area "appears":D to be messy (look up messy, disaster, etc. in the dictionary and my office will be pictured!!) that pilers can also easily find what they are looking for. I RARELY spend time looking for something. I can almost always find it quickly and easily:confused: (now that is just crazy!!)
I just adopted a beautiful kitten (Moose) in August. He loves knocking sh%* off my desk and everywhere else...he must have that cleaning gene too!!!
I hope this thread keeps going...I am getting some great ideas and every idea shared helps our business! For those of you going to Leadership...ENJOY!!
Ann

Oh, but Carolyn we still love you, now can I have a list of what you have to sell? LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!!! JUST KIDDING! BTW I LOVE the hair clippies you have on your shelf, I can never find mine when I NEED one, lol.I am so jealous of you all who even have an office, I don't have an office, just a VERY small desk in my living room and everything is piled around it, ughh!! If I ever do get a home of my own I hope to get a big enough one that we will all have our rooms and I can have an office, that way I can close the door so nobody can see the mess *wink, wink* LMAO. Just kidding, if I had an office I would probably be able to find things then, heck if I had a big enough house for us I would probably be able to find everything, lol.

Baychef-
I'm glad you're joining us messy people here on this thread! We're glad to have ya and I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm am TOTALLY a "piler." The funny thing is I usually know where everything is!! But, more and more I'm misplacing things or taking WAY too long to find some things (or forgetting I have checks from a show to deposit :eek: ) so I'm realizing I need to get organized!! My piles drive DH absolutely nuts. They're everywhere. Then when I try to "hide" the piles, I stick them in a cabinet or something and I forget about them. That's how I've forgotten about checks. Oops.

Welcome to our organizationally-challenged subgroup here!

jdavis said:
Oh, but Carolyn we still love you, now can I have a list of what you have to sell? LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!!! JUST KIDDING! BTW I LOVE the hair clippies you have on your shelf, I can never find mine when I NEED one, lol.

I am so jealous of you all who even have an office, I don't have an office, just a VERY small desk in my living room and everything is piled around it, ughh!! If I ever do get a home of my own I hope to get a big enough one that we will all have our rooms and I can have an office, that way I can close the door so nobody can see the mess *wink, wink* LMAO. Just kidding, if I had an office I would probably be able to find things then, heck if I had a big enough house for us I would probably be able to find everything, lol.
There are hair clippies in there....how did you ever find them??????? Now I have to go back for another look!

pamperedlinda said:
There are hair clippies in there....how did you ever find them??????? Now I have to go back for another look!
Okay, I went back....:eek: I had to really look....but they are there! Wow, you are good Jen! BTW, how've ya been? It's been a while!

This Is The Funniest Thread Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pamperedbecky said:
Baychef-
I'm glad you're joining us messy people here on this thread! We're glad to have ya and I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm am TOTALLY a "piler." The funny thing is I usually know where everything is!! But, more and more I'm misplacing things or taking WAY too long to find some things (or forgetting I have checks from a show to deposit :eek: ) so I'm realizing I need to get organized!! My piles drive DH absolutely nuts. They're everywhere. Then when I try to "hide" the piles, I stick them in a cabinet or something and I forget about them. That's how I've forgotten about checks. Oops.

Welcome to our organizationally-challenged subgroup here!

OMG:D I have almost lost checks this way too!! Now I don't feel so bad! I just went to the bank yesterday with some checks from an order before Xmas! Good thing I had the money to cover in there!

Carolyn: that is such a funny story!:eek:

pamperedlinda said:
Okay, I went back....:eek: I had to really look....but they are there! Wow, you are good Jen! BTW, how've ya been? It's been a while!
They just screamed my name, lol. Like I said I can NEVER find mine when I NEED one. LOLOLOL.

I am doin' ok, trying to stay sane, kinda' hard with all these boys around, lol. Thanks for asking, and how are you all doing? Did you go spend christmas with your inlaws, lol, or did you have a good one, lol?

lacychef said:
OMG:D I have almost lost checks this way too!! Now I don't feel so bad! I just went to the bank yesterday with some checks from an order before Xmas! Good thing I had the money to cover in there!
I will have to admit that I am a member of that club also, lol.

lacychef said:

Carolyn: that is such a funny story!:eek:
Luckily my bank takes money from some type of reserve account to cover for being overdrawn, but then I pay interest on that. So, I just correct it once that happens. So, that has saved me a couple times when I've forgotten to deposit checks. I just deposited some yesterday from NOVEMBER. Ooops. Now I'm hoping none bounce!!!:eek:

Oh - this is sooo good for me to read! Carolyn - your Sorority story is so funny - and the scary thing is - I KNEW what the outcome was going to be!! My room-mate and I lived in a room that sounds alot like yours!
And Becky - Right after Thanksgiving, I was PANICKED because I had over $1000 in checks that I knew needed to be deposited and couldn't find them anywhere - I searched and searched and honestly thought I was going to have to call all the guests from 2 shows to have them give me another form of payment.....2 days later I found them.....in a pocket of my purse w/ a deposit slip, all ready to go to the bank!!!:eek: :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - this is sooo good for me to read! Carolyn - your Sorority story is so funny - and the scary thing is - I KNEW what the outcome was going to be!! My room-mate and I lived in a room that sounds alot like yours!
And Becky - Right after Thanksgiving, I was PANICKED because I had over $1000 in checks that I knew needed to be deposited and couldn't find them anywhere - I searched and searched and honestly thought I was going to have to call all the guests from 2 shows to have them give me another form of payment.....2 days later I found them.....in a pocket of my purse w/ a deposit slip, all ready to go to the bank!!!:eek: :rolleyes:
LOL, I have lost checks there before, lololol.....

Carolyn- you have almost inspired me to post pics of my office...almost. Let's just say that my papers look like yours on your desk, except I keep them on the floor. Almost all are outdated because I print things off, lose them in the clutter, then have to print more, usually as I am running out the door!!

ChefBeckyD said:
That's hilarious because the last batch that I had to deposit was found in my PC briefcase all ready to go to the bank, but I never made it there!

Off the topic but Home office or Merrill should come out with a nice Wall calendar for our offices....but some of you may have to organize a bit to have find a wall to put it on...Bahahahahaha!!!
Just kidding..wouldn't that be nice though? Something of the logo, some products.....

no reason why you can't create your own, and print it off your own printer...no one would know!

TRUE...Very TRUE!!

jdavis said:
Oh, but Carolyn we still love you, now can I have a list of what you have to sell? LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!!! JUST KIDDING!

:::::thud:::::::
LOLOLOL

jdavis said:
BTW I LOVE the hair clippies you have on your shelf, I can never find mine when I NEED one, lol.

Bahahaha - you didn't miss a thing!!
Did you notice the 5-day-old cup of chocolate milk sitting to the left of my keyboard? LOL
Or how 'bout the naked pic of my husband on the bulletin board?!?!

Jilleysue said:
Off the topic but Home office or Merrill should come out with a nice Wall calendar for our offices....but some of you may have to organize a bit to have find a wall to put it on...Bahahahahaha!!!
Just kidding..wouldn't that be nice though? Something of the logo, some products.....

Walls? Wait - I know this room had some...but I lost those right around the time I lost the floor...

Oh!! I LOVE eye spy!! We can play it with Carolyn's office!! LMAO!!!

dannyzmom said:
Did you notice the 5-day-old cup of chocolate milk sitting to the left of my keyboard? LOL
OMG, LMAO, I think that now I might have to go and play I spy, lol, let's see, what have you been missing lately Carolyn, maybe we can find it for you, lol. But hey, I am not laughing at you, I am laughing WITH you because mine looks like that, lol.

gilliandanielle said:
Gill, that is SCARY, we were putting in the same thing at the same time, lol.

dannyzmom said:

Are you sure you want Jill to come over and help organize your office, lol, she might not ever be able to look your hubby straight in the eye again, lololol.

dannyzmom said:

LOL...uh, your're kidding, right?

gilliandanielle said:

ROFLMAO:D
As it said to Jilleysue yesterday...be afraid...be very afraid...

cat said:
LOL...uh, your're kidding, right?

OF COURSE I AM - I was just seeing who was paying attention - LOLOLOL
My office is also my kids' playroom...God knows I wouldn't have nekkid pics up in there - it'd scare the chilluns LOL

dannyzmom said:
My office is also my kids' playroom...God knows I wouldn't have nekkid pics up in there - it'd scare the chilluns LOL
Hey, I'm glad read all the way through..... was getting ready to go look for the picture!

dannyzmom said:
Your kids play in there, where?! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! The 4 day old chocolate milk didn't scare them away, lol.:p ;)

jdavis said:
They just screamed my name, lol. Like I said I can NEVER find mine when I NEED one. LOLOLOL.

I am doin' ok, trying to stay sane, kinda' hard with all these boys around, lol. Thanks for asking, and how are you all doing? Did you go spend christmas with your inlaws, lol, or did you have a good one, lol?
Christmas was great....stayed home and NO In-laws!!!
Actually, DH was on a 6 day trip so that kinda sucked, but DS and I had a great day!

jdavis said:
Gill, that is SCARY, we were putting in the same thing at the same time, lol.

Great minds think alike!! Or is it alike minds think great? Either way we win!! :D I just love you Davis!!:D

gilliandanielle said:
Great minds think alike!! Or is it alike minds think great? Either way we win!! :D I just love you Davis!!:D
Awww, shucks Gill, I Love you too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, See I got on tonight and this was the first thread I came to. Now werent' we talking about PC offices..not we are naked pictures....LOLOLOL.
Oh I am definitely coming over now Carolyn....hahahahaha

pamperedlinda said:
Hey, I'm glad read all the way through..... was getting ready to go look for the picture!

Ha! Me too:) Lol, this is too funny! I didn't expect this thread to go this way when I checked it!
You guys are making me feel sooo much better about my organizing skills though! I say I have an "organized mess". I have piles on piles....but I know where everything is:p

Has anyone else organized their office yet. Something else I did this week just to give every form and flyer I use my own personal touch was change the fonts to something common, put a border around each one and make the color all the same. I also added the PC logo to almost everything. Hostess probably get a lot of paper as we do. If something gets lost in their shuffle, I want them to know it is from me. My business color is purple, so around most of my forms is a purple border, purple signature and the PC logo somewhere. It makes things look a bit more professional then just random signs we felt like creating one word one day.

I have attached an example of the host memory jogger that I added my border and the PC logo just to make it look more PC in case in gets lost in the shuffle.

Attachments

• 2005 #1 HOST MEMORY JOGGER.doc
    27 KB · Views: 449
Jilleysue said:
Has anyone else organized their office yet. QUOTE]

Ok - I threw away about 50 random papers and I cleared off one surface...baby steps...

Hooooooray.....Carolyn, I will definitely help you. Let me figure out what day/night I can that I don't have to be there at the office and we'll get going on it. I should know more today.

Jilleysue said:
Hooooooray.....Carolyn, I will definitely help you. Let me figure out what day/night I can that I don't have to be there at the office and we'll get going on it. I should know more today.

I know I will need a pen holder for my desk...what else? I will go out & buy whatever I'll need so I am ready for ya...I got a Staples GC for Xmas!! Woo Hoo!!

1/2 way to clean office.My daughter came over this morning and helped me sort the office. We did the boxes- donate to charity, donate to food bank, trash and keep. The donate food bank was surplus from couponing shopping.

We ended up with 4 bags to food bank, 2 large boxes and large bag to charity and 1 box and 1 bag to daugther. Daughter took with the charity stuff with her to drop off to St. Vincent's.

My office is a bedroom, which has to hold various items:

1. All surplus food and non-food items from couponing shopping. I don't get to coupon shop as I used to because there's no more triple couponing around here anymore.
2. All extra kitchen appliances, that don't fit in kitchen.
3. Another shelf of cookbooks, accounting books, jewerly making supplies, scrapbooking and computer supplies.
4. 4 drawer file cabinet. 1st drawer is personal/home. 2ne drawer is PC. 3rd drawer paper supplies, 4th drawer is photos for scrapbooking.

The main thing in closet is shelves with stoneware and simple additions.

When the office is finish I will post a picture.

Charlene

Take a Picture at stages...those are soooo much more fun...HAHAHAHA

dannyzmom said:
I know I will need a pen holder for my desk...what else? I will go out & buy whatever I'll need so I am ready for ya...I got a Staples GC for Xmas!! Woo Hoo!!

Um...lets see:
I do have a pen holder, I have a drawer organizer for inside on of my desk drawers for paperclips, tape, post its etc. I got one of those LARGE desk calculators...hehe. We all know those small ones get lost in the shuffle unless you have the tape ones and to me those take up too much room.

I have file folders in one drawer for the filing system that PC started me on for brochures etc. I then invested in a label maker, but I can bring mine over to get you started. They are SOOOO Worth having down the road. I label every single folder, bin, rack, etc. Watch how easily when things are labeled you throw them in the right spot.

It really depends on what you like...you see when I get a bill, I have a folder called current bills and I put them in there, I throw out the unneeded paper and envelope that goes with it. The top shelf of that black tier that you see is labeled TODO/PLANNING and that is where my planner and Bill folder go. To me, those are things I need to look at every day, along with my to do list. Some people like a rack with their bills, but that seems to get crazy when I look at people's desks.

Let me find that website too where I found those boxes I have on my desk for cheap. They make a works space look so professional and honestly you can shove U/C cards in there or ODDS/ENDS...haha

I'll be back, I have an audit.:D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates