• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Pampered Chef Home Office!!

maybe.Sounds like you have a great plan! I love the desk you picked. Personally, I think a bright color would really help to set the tone for your business. Maybe something like pink or green?
chefkristin said:
You have no idea how lazy I actually am!!!!

I dont think its lazy, I think you just have too much on your plate....;) ;) ;)

Ginger428 said:
I dont think its lazy, I think you just have too much on your plate....;) ;) ;)
Oh I think I really like you!!! :D

Ginger428 said:
Geeez.....you 2 girls sound just like my last 5 women that said no to having a show....:eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

I have one front living room that I am able to clean up when I want to have a home party...then I keep the lights OFF in the other room sso nobody sees the chaos - LOL

dannyzmom said:
I have one front living room that I am able to clean up when I want to have a home party...then I keep the lights OFF in the other room sso nobody sees the chaos - LOL

Now just Imagine, when you get your office all nice & organized, you can keep the lights on in there as well....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ginger428 said:
Now just Imagine, when you get your office all nice & organized, you can keep the lights on in there as well....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL
The office is upstairs...I seldom let anyone but family and the cleaning lady upstairs...and the cleaning lady doesn't even open the office door - LOL

dannyzmom said:
LOL
The office is upstairs...I seldom let anyone but family and the cleaning lady upstairs...and the cleaning lady doesn't even open the office door - LOL

YIKES!!! Its THAT BAD huh??????:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

My shelves are up!! I am going to start organizing them righ tnow!!!
Look!!
(I tried to get DH to pose next to the finished shelves with his tools & all - but he got pissed - LOL)

Attachments

• TestShots 110 (Large).jpg
    TestShots 110 (Large).jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 418
dannyzmom said:
My shelves are up!! I am going to start organizing them righ tnow!!!
Look!!
(I tried to get DH to pose next to the finished shelves with his tools & all - but he got pissed - LOL)

LMAO!!! I just showed DH what yours did for you & he told me where to go!!:eek: Thats OK, I'll get even at dinner...;) ;) ;)

I love those shelves! Are they all for your PC stuff??

chefkristin said:
I love those shelves! Are they all for your PC stuff??

Yep!! I am working on filling them up right now!!

WOW, Alot has happened today. I have people over, but I will catchup in a bit...LOL

dannyzmom said:
Yep!! I am working on filling them up right now!!
You are going to be the most organized woman on CS before this is over!

Isn't it funny how this was the most visited thread until leadership hit!!!?
I'm sure it will be very popular again after leadership, so many people will be inspired and starting out in a fresh, ORGANIZED office will help so much. I know I will be visiting this thread, a lot in the next week!
Thanks for starting this thread! I love it!:D ;)

I'm almost done with my organizing - I'll post pics when I'm done. My "office" is an old computer desk in my bedroom. Although after shredding everything that I don't need, I realized that that's actually all I need - I actually have space left over! I'm mostly paperless at this point, and I love it!
How is everyone else doing, now that leadership is over and you've had time to organize? ;D

HAHAH, WOW it's been a while with this thread..Oh WOW, Oxford Maine, That is not far from my home town. I looked at your avitar and was like, that picture so looks like Maine and it was.....LOL. I am headed there in 15 days....LOL.
Is anyone still organizing. I will be sooo proud!!

Where are you from?And yes, that's the golf course at Sunday River.

Jill I am still organizing but far from it. I think my office was worse than Carolyns!! My 2 year old is not helping!

you guys have inspired me...to watch Clean Sweep!

Okay, the show's over...now I guess I should go do something! I think I'll go out and buy a shredder. I should show you guys pics of THE ROOM. It gets so bad I can't even walk in there some times! I am so thankful that I have a whole room that is my sewing/craft/Pampered Chef room. I keep a little bitty trundle bed in there just in case we have more than one overnight guest (we have an actual guest room) but Bry wants to put a KING SIZE bed in there! WHAT?! He is completely crazy, but he's the only one who doesn't know that. We rarely get overnight guests and when we do, the one guest room is plenty. That bed would take over the whole room and I am NOT about to let that happen! ANYHOOO...

Carolyn, you are so brave, and I can't wait to see the end result. I'm still waiting to see what happened with Becky and her professional organizer! I want one, too, but I'm embarrased for anyone to see my craziness! Thanks for the inspiration!

pamperedalf said:
Jill I am still organizing but far from it. I think my office was worse than Carolyns!! My 2 year old is not helping!
Me too! My husband is very [proud of the progress I've made.....I've carried out 2 of the old PC bags full of stuff to the garbage, and I'm working on the third right now.....but I also have a 2 yr old who is "helping mommy cwean"! He tears stuff apart as soon as I get it looking decent!But I will perservere JilleySue....never fear!

I have a craft/pampered chef room too, and it is such a mess you can hardly walk in there!! I really want shelves like Carolyn as it has an open closet, but don't have the moolah yet. It would really help get that crap off the floor, LOL!

My DH keeps suggesting that we put the baby in there in June, but I 'd be afraid to lose her with how it is now!!

speedychef said:
Okay, the show's over...now I guess I should go do something! I think I'll go out and buy a shredder. I should show you guys pics of THE ROOM. It gets so bad I can't even walk in there some times! I am so thankful that I have a whole room that is my sewing/craft/Pampered Chef room. I keep a little bitty trundle bed in there just in case we have more than one overnight guest (we have an actual guest room) but Bry wants to put a KING SIZE bed in there! WHAT?! He is completely crazy, but he's the only one who doesn't know that. We rarely get overnight guests and when we do, the one guest room is plenty. That bed would take over the whole room and I am NOT about to let that happen! ANYHOOO...

Carolyn, you are so brave, and I can't wait to see the end result. I'm still waiting to see what happened with Becky and her professional organizer! I want one, too, but I'm embarrased for anyone to see my craziness! Thanks for the inspiration!

OMG - Have I not posted the end result? What a loser I am!! My camera is downstairs right now but when I get it I'll take some pics - not only is the office done (mine you it's a long narrow room - the front = office, back = toy room...the back is still trashed - LOL) the laundry room si done, the kitchen and family romo and living room all done...kids' rooms done...garage done...we just need to do our room and our bathroom.

gilliandanielle said:
I have a craft/pampered chef room too, and it is such a mess you can hardly walk in there!! I really want shelves like Carolyn as it has an open closet, but don't have the moolah yet. It would really help get that crap off the floor, LOL!

My DH keeps suggesting that we put the baby in there in June, but I 'd be afraid to lose her with how it is now!!

LOLOLOL
Yeah - I coulda lost a kid in here too the way it used to be - LOL
The closet cost a total of about $250...well worth it.

I just went to Office Max last week and bought $175 worth of stuff to get me organized.....it looks so nice stacked up against the wall in my office!;) :D Really - I'm going to get it done before the end of Feb.....except I have a very busy show schedule, and several other meetings, and......(what other excuses can I come up with?)

Oh man, I need to get going. Im pretty organized, I just have no space! I have two teeni tiny closets in my place and thats it. I just need to get one big desk and some shelves, we have two desks in our office so we have no room for storage.

I feel like I have a bunch of kids that are graduating. I am soo happy for you guys...LOL That is really great!!!

Cookingfool said:
Oh man, I need to get going. Im pretty organized, I just have no space! I have two teeni tiny closets in my place and thats it. I just need to get one big desk and some shelves, we have two desks in our office so we have no room for storage.

No no, Ask Carolyn..I have no room. Do you have a desk. Alls I have is a desk in my family room, and it stays perfectly neat. I can see as I start getting more and more products, I'll need to make more shelf room, but I think Kevin will make me room in the garage. Desk definitely do not need to be big. I think office areas should be small to force us to be organized. The bigger the space..the more room we have to be cluttered.

Jilleysue said:
I think office areas should be small to force us to be organized. The bigger the space..the more room we have to be cluttered.

That's a good point. I went from having an office when I was married to not much. My daughter and I have a 2 bedroom townhouse now and I have all my products downstairs in the kitchen. Then in my bedroom I have a little cabinet that has my printer sitting on it and my give-away products inside. In my closet I have a 2 drawer filing cabinet with paperwork. I threw away so much junk a couple weeks ago when starting to declutter and organize. I will get there eventually!

Question For JilleySue!!!
Jilleysue said:
No no, Ask Carolyn..I have no room. Do you have a desk. Alls I have is a desk in my family room, and it stays perfectly neat. I can see as I start getting more and more products, I'll need to make more shelf room, but I think Kevin will make me room in the garage. Desk definitely do not need to be big. I think office areas should be small to force us to be organized. The bigger the space..the more room we have to be cluttered.

Soooo, JilleySue, would you recommend that I turn my office (my DH built a beautiful big office in the basement) into a Rec Room, and move all my PC stuff back up to the Dining Room?:D
Seriously...could you go over one more time how to keep everything neat once we get it that way? I'm great at getting stuff organized, but I can't keep it that way!

dannyzmom said:
Look!! You're all speechelss!! I scared you all away!

I just found this thread. You didn't scare me away...actually I thought
someone snuck in here I took pictures at my housMy mom once told about someone she knew who had their house broken into & when the police
came, they said something about the burglers really ransacking the place.
She was too embarrassed to admit that it looked the same as before.
That's the way my house is, unfortunately.

My excuse is that with a number of health problems for the last few years
is that after a couple of days of being unable to do anything at all, when
I feel better, I have to catch up on "normal" stuff like laundry & dishes etc.

Bev

dannyzmom said:
OMG - Have I not posted the end result? What a loser I am!! My camera is downstairs right now but when I get it I'll take some pics - not only is the office done (mine you it's a long narrow room - the front = office, back = toy room...the back is still trashed - LOL) the laundry room si done, the kitchen and family romo and living room all done...kids' rooms done...garage done...we just need to do our room and our bathroom.

OK, so let's see the final result:D

So I finally bought a desk. It's kind of small, but the budget was very limited.At least it gives me a place to centralize my PC stuff...right now it's spread all over my apartment!

Unorganized AGAIN!!I thought that might get Jilleysue's attention!

Actuall, DH and I have been trying to share the same space for months now and it just wasn't working! I booted him upstairs to the spare bedroom for 'his' space and he got all jealous that I had the 'good' space. So. Out with the old desk and we bought two new desks and butted them together for one huge desk here in the office. Now we each have our own space and our crapola can stay on our own side!!!! I'm so excited! He just finished building them today while I was at my show.....so now I've got to get organized again.....but, this time I'm happy about it!

I'll post new pics when I can find the camera.

:D
Jilleysue said:
(edited for length)

Does this help at all? I love to organize..lol. Can you tell??? Sick huh?:D

I also just read this thread.... I have one question for Jilleysue.....

Does the paper roll over the top or go under?:confused:

Isn't that frustrating when someone else fills the empty roll and puts it the other way...:rolleyes:

By the way...

I am an over the top girl myself :D

IT MUST GO OVER THE TOP!!!
I have been known to switch it at other people's houses even! LOL

I moved my desk from the corner of my bedroom (where I never used it), out to my living room area....I am by myself, so I like to watch tv or cook in between doing things..so I think this will be good! I can be organized out in the open!!

Oh you guys got jokes huh????LOL
OK...I am not helping any more....LOL

JUST TRY TO SWITCH MY TOILET PAPER.....LOL

I prefer it over the top, myself, but in the kids' bathroom it has to be under because when the toddler hits it it doesn't go all over that way. lol

Ok...so due to the way our building is constructed, I cannot put deep nails or screws into the wall (concrete wall bases), so mounted shelving is out of the question...I have limited floor space and a very small desk and no budget to buy a larger one. So I can't have very large shelving units that sit on the floor.

What do you suggest for holding my catalogs/order forms/binders, etc?

I was going to buy a mounted shelf that would look fantastic in my bedroom (where my "office" is) but I can't put deep enough screws in to hold it.

Any suggestions?

A rolling cart from Office Depot.

genburk said:
:D

Does the paper roll over the top or go under?:confused:

My cat Moose prefers it over the top...it is so much more fun to roll off the little cardboard thingy that way!:eek:

I started to "organize" my office but I have hit a stand still. I have my camera, but mine would win the messiest and I would be voted most likely to not succeed!!:)

Jillysue...if you have graduates...I will be the student that is repeating the 9th grade for the 30th time!!! My office at my other job is very small and I share it with 2 tidy employees of mine. My mess is just crammed in a smaller space!

IF I get brave, I will take pictures, but I won't show them until I have some after pictures. Please, don't anyone hold their breath waiting to see these pictures!!! There are no food remains so you will not have to hold your nose either!!:eek:
BAHAHAHAHA!
Ann

Maybe I should sent certificates for those that graduate...LOL

Jilleysue said:
A rolling cart from Office Depot.

Oooh that looks cool! but...where do you put your catalogs? on the bottom rack?

I have a filiing cabinet - actually 2 but one is somewhat deformed so the drawers don't open nicely anymore. and I have a Sterilite drawer cabinet like yours Jill, but mine's white

I'll take a picture of my rolling cart from office depot that I put my cats in now, I planned to use it for shows before I got my rolling tote,but now its extra. Its pretty durable and it was 25.00

Jilleysue said:
I'll take a picture of my rolling cart from office depot that I put my cats in now, I planned to use it for shows before I got my rolling tote,but now its extra. Its pretty durable and it was 25.00

They're about $40 here in Canada, but maybe worth it.

I'm not too organized, but I do like my paper over the top and I do sometimes switch it at other peoples' houses!

Who changed the tiolet paper?
Jilleysue said:
Oh you guys got jokes huh????LOL
OK...I am not helping any more....LOL

JUST TRY TO SWITCH MY TOILET PAPER.....LOL

Does that mean you are an 'under the roll' gal? and if so......

dannyzmom said:
IT MUST GO OVER THE TOP!!!
I have been known to switch it at other people's houses even! LOL

Now you KNOW who will have changed it back:eek: :D

Jilleysue said:

I deserve the first one!

Jilleysue said:

I get the first diploma!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef