• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Pampered Chef Home Office!!

maybe.Sounds like you have a great plan! I love the desk you picked. Personally, I think a bright color would really help to set the tone for your business. Maybe something like pink or green?
Thanks for starting this thread! After seeing how some of you have actual rooms just for PC, it gave me the idea to make our dining room my office. I had been storing extra PC products that don't fit in the kitchen in there & then in an extra bedroom upstairs that we use as a rec room (tv, craft area, etc) was my office supplies & computer. So last night we moved out the dining room table to the kitchen & are going to give away our kitchen table (wanted a new one anyway). We have an old desk we didn't know what to do with--so I'm taking that & putting my laptop on it. I'm going to bring down all of the file cabinets I use for PC stuff & put it in there too. I'm so excited to actually have an "office"! It's right next to the kids' play room (aka living room), so I can actually get some things done while they play. Then if I need to talk to a host or customer, I can see them playing & not be running up & down the stairs! Yea!!! I'll try to post a picture when I'm all done! Hubby also told me to hang up whatever pictures I want in there, etc. He got me a signed picture of the original Grey's Anatomy cast for Christmas, so that's going up! My MIL got me a Grey's calendar--going up too! I think I'll buy a small bulletin board as my "dream board". Better get working!!

Yes, I agree, this thread is awesome!! It will really help me. I'm still trying to file all of my show receipts (each show paperclipped together) into an expanding file thingy with a slot for each month. I figure I'll just keep the past year's receipts and shred the rest. I got a paper shredder last week and started shredding receipts from my first year's worth of shows (2003). Figure I don't need to keep those!:)

Then I went out and bought one of those shoe organizers that Carolyn had a picture of hanging on a door and hung it on the inside of the little tiny door that houses the fuse box in our basement, which is right next to my desk. I organized all my postcards from Nancy's (and I'm expecting more to come soon that I just ordered). I have a LLLOOOONNNNGGG way to go, but it felt good to have this start. I'm going to cut and paste all the suggestions on this thread and put them in a Word Document (some night when I have time!). I don't want to go out and buy too many other organizer type things until I meet with this professional organizer coming on the 25th. But, if I can get a great head start organizing with what I have, I'll make better use of that time.

THis thread has definitely motivated me!!! :D

I'm glad it has motivated you. Thats the exact reason why i wanted to post it as motivation for myself with new ideas & such!!! I just feel I cannot & willnot be productive in a messy space-I know some dont even have offices & they get work done I just feel if i were happy in ym office & was organized nothing could hold me back from getting some shows on the calendar! Is that crazy!?

I am so excited to get this office cleared out and cleaned up. It has a big closet but the closet is jammed with an old TV armoire - I am going to take that out and have DH put in shelving for me. I want to be able to store all my PC inventory up here rather than in the garage. We're going to start shopping around for one of those L-shaped desk/workstations for in here as well!!

dannyzmom said:
I am so excited to get this office cleared out and cleaned up. It has a big closet but the closet is jammed with an old TV armoire - I am going to take that out and have DH put in shelving for me. I want to be able to store all my PC inventory up here rather than in the garage. We're going to start shopping around for one of those L-shaped desk/workstations for in here as well!!

I was going to ask if you had a closet to put inventory....label the shelves according to what you are putting on them..
STONEWARE
COOKWARE
SIMPLE ADDITIONS
GADGETS

Jilleysue said:
I was going to ask if you had a closet to put inventory....label the shelves according to what you are putting on them..
STONEWARE
COOKWARE
SIMPLE ADDITIONS
GADGETS

Right now the closet has one shelf running the length of it...and that TV cabinet thingie that needs to be gone

Jilleysue said:
Hooooooray.....Carolyn, I will definitely help you. Let me figure out what day/night I can that I don't have to be there at the office and we'll get going on it. I should know more today.
Don't you mean week? ;)

jdavis said:
Don't you mean week? ;)

Meanie!!!
Mean mean mean -- you just wait...in a few weeks my office is goona me so clean and organized and then I'm gonna show ya'll pictures! LOL

Keep us motivated!Well thank you for starting this thread and keeping the helpful tips coming!

I have been pursuing getting more organized not only with business but w/home too!

I have made progress, but definately not enough!

I have really enjoyed and felt motivated by the reading of this thread today, I read the entire thread! (I should have been packing for Leadership!)

When we bought our home 13 years ago, we turned a small bedroom into an office, complete with wall to wall countertops from Menards with cabinets on one wall. Sad to say, a couple of months ago, I've been forced out! My DH's piles have taken over! He also does PC work, rebuilding and fixing personal computers.

I am currently out in a make-shift office.

When my DH came home for lunch today, I mentioned the thread and we discussed re-doing the office to accommidate both of our needs - YEAH!

I immediately drew out a floor plan that should work the best!

We'll get started after I return from Leadership!

I want to say "Thank You" to you Jilleysue! :)

Your personality definately comes through! ;)

I can't wait to meet you! :D

I nominate that you teach a workshop at conference on organization! :cool:
Any seconds??? :confused:

I would be the first to register for it! :D

VeronicaW said:
I want to say "Thank You" to you Jilleysue! :)

Your personality definately comes through! ;)

I can't wait to meet you! :D

I nominate that you teach a workshop at conference on organization! :cool:
Any seconds??? :confused:

I would be the first to register for it! :D

OH LORD.....LOL:eek: What have I gotten myself into??????:eek: :eek: :eek:
TEACH A WORKSHOP...much easier hiding behind my organized monitor.....LOL

I am more than willing to help all of you. Organzation is sooooooo fun for me. I love it. I love to throw away stuff. The garbage man..must be like..how much does this lady have inside there???????
I need to reread this thread..I am sure it will CRACK ME right up.....!!!!!
Thank you for the kind words. Be careful if ya'll ask for my help though, I can picture people playing tug o war with pieces of stickies and paper with me. Old binders, saying "well I may use it, some day....UM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
THROW IT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the mess:) Here's my office..........

Attachments

• 100_0202 (Medium).JPG
    100_0202 (Medium).JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 535
  • 100_0203 (Medium).JPG
    100_0203 (Medium).JPG
    23 KB · Views: 499
  • 100_0205 (Medium).JPG
    100_0205 (Medium).JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 495
dannyzmom said:
Meanie!!!
Mean mean mean -- you just wait...in a few weeks my office is goona me so clean and organized and then I'm gonna show ya'll pictures! LOL
I just can't pass these up Carolyn, lolol. So after you get all your shelves put in your closet and all your stuff put up and organized are you gonna FINALLY make up that list of your extra products, lolololol. Remember I said I am not laughing at you I am laughing with you because mine is the same, lol, and I have the nerve to tell my 4 boys to clean their room, lol, I keep dreaming that if I ever had a bigger house it would be organized, we have too many people and too much stuff for this little house, so every room is packed with stuff, ughh.

ange13 said:
:) Here's my office..........

OK, so where's the mess? Besides a couple of things on the cabinet.

keeeheeeheheee!

ange13 said:
:) Here's my office..........

You call that a mess??? OMG - what must you think of me?!?!?!

jdavis said:
I just can't pass these up Carolyn, lolol. So after you get all your shelves put in your closet and all your stuff put up and organized are you gonna FINALLY make up that list of your extra products, lolololol. Remember I said I am not laughing at you I am laughing with you because mine is the same, lol, and I have the nerve to tell my 4 boys to clean their room, lol, I keep dreaming that if I ever had a bigger house it would be organized, we have too many people and too much stuff for this little house, so every room is packed with stuff, ughh.

You can take yer dang list & shove it - Bahahahahahahah!!!

OMG - I think I finally "hit the wall" with my disgusting sloppy self. I have HAD IT. I was trying to get a couple of things done todya and kept LOSING things under my piles of crap!! I have HAD IT - I am turning a new leaf...my NY resolution is to totall overhaul my office. I sent like 5 bags of stuff home with my cleaning lady yesterday...I am PURGING!!!!!

I went to Staples tonight and checked out all the office organization stuff - I am SO excited to get this room straightened out. I am going to empty out the closet tonight so that DH can get working on the shelves for me!!!

don't forget to post pictures!

Carolyn..I am soo proud of you!!! You go GIRL!!! I got my paper organization shelfs tonight..loook soooo pretty. Made more labels last night. Got my new tote bag tonight for my products..so those are organized in the kitchen..phew....Thought Kevin was gona kill me.
Um..OK I have Pilates on Monday. What days/night are you free..so I can check with my bf's partner to see what night to help out?

Oh make ,a file folder for current catalogs too. I have one for The booster, one for office depot...PURGE THE OLD ONES..THROW THEM AWAY!!!

Jilleysue said:
Has anyone else organized their office yet. Something else I did this week just to give every form and flyer I use my own personal touch was change the fonts to something common, put a border around each one and make the color all the same. I also added the PC logo to almost everything. Hostess probably get a lot of paper as we do. If something gets lost in their shuffle, I want them to know it is from me. My business color is purple, so around most of my forms is a purple border, purple signature and the PC logo somewhere. It makes things look a bit more professional then just random signs we felt like creating one word one day.

I have attached an example of the host memory jogger that I added my border and the PC logo just to make it look more PC in case in gets lost in the shuffle.

Purple is my color too Jill!!!

LOL

dannyzmom said:
You can take yer dang list & shove it - Bahahahahahahah!!!

OMG - I think I finally "hit the wall" with my disgusting sloppy self. I have HAD IT. I was trying to get a couple of things done todya and kept LOSING things under my piles of crap!! I have HAD IT - I am turning a new leaf...my NY resolution is to totall overhaul my office. I sent like 5 bags of stuff home with my cleaning lady yesterday...I am PURGING!!!!!

OMG, and you actually have a Cleaning Lady!!! I don't know wether I am more jealous or ashamed of you right now, LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-018.gif This looks like me right now!

Jilleysue said:
Carolyn..I am soo proud of you!!! You go GIRL!!! I got my paper organization shelfs tonight..loook soooo pretty. Made more labels last night. Got my new tote bag tonight for my products..so those are organized in the kitchen..phew....Thought Kevin was gona kill me.
Um..OK I have Pilates on Monday. What days/night are you free..so I can check with my bf's partner to see what night to help out?
See, she now changed her mind and put an S on the end of it, LOL. :D

I bet your cleaning lady is happy about this new leaf you're turning over!!

Well I will pull Carolyn out of this one, I have a cleaning lady too, but she doesn't get any where near my office. She doesn't organize or touch paperwork. Now, I get down on my knees and thank the lucky stars, lord, hail marys, who ever the heck I have to thank that I am blessed to have a cleaning lady because although I am organized, lets not show pictures of bathrooms when I am through in the morning. I mean its clean by night time...but man I can tear thru a closet and bathroom before I go to the office in the morning...HOLY HELL....picture the tazmania Devil...YAHOOO

Jilleysue said:

Okay - Tuesday I am free all day - the kids are in school....Wednesday day or night, Saturday day or night...then next week any day. What works best for you?

Oh Carolyn...I'm losing you to the dark side!!!:eek:! I still haven't gotten my camera back, but I may have to clean up before I take those pictures!! You are all starting to wear off on me...I have the urge to redesign my office space. I am not sure about this labeler thing:confused: I usually type out something on the computer and take the wide mailing tape to stick it on. I do have some organizational skills...if I were ever audited, I am so organized. Ok...I know that some sick organized person out there is dying to know what this lost cause may have to offer!!!:D LOL!!
First, I have a stack of six of those white 8 x11 drawer organizers. On one side I have the drawers labeled Jan, Feb through June. On the same drawer I have on the left side labeled July - Dec. This way, when I get a receipt, etc. I just pop it into the drawer. My reason for having 2 months on one is to "encourage" me enter my expenses on a day other than April 14th!! (Just kidding...sort of!)
When I am ready to record my expenses & income, I have a binder (it is a 4 inch binder) and it has dividers Jan through Dec. I three hole punch card stock paper and put some in each month. Also, I three hole punch any statements from commission checks, bank statements, supply orders, etc. Then for my receipts, after I enter them, I take a glue stick, rub the back and then stick them on the card stock (orderly...of course!!!:p ) It is so funny...when I show it to my downline they remark how organized I am:D :D :D I have also had hosts remark how organized I am when I unpack and tear down my display...sure have some fooled!! Well, some of us have to get organized now so I have to go!!;) Love this thread!
Ann

Oh NO!!:eek: I just returned home from shopping and in my van is a storage cabinet, a smaller cabinet and a cube type jobby to go on top of the smaller cabinet. I made sure that I bought things with cupboard doors with NO GLASS!! I can straighten up my act, but I am a true mess-o-holic and I do not feel much hope for long term recovery! My track record is too long! I so appreciate the pictures and all of the great ideas...they helped me! Well...I'm goin' in:eek: ...wish me luck!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok, so which one of you sent ESP messages to my husband that he needed to do a major reorganization Today?! I got home from work this morning to one he** of a mess, there were packing peanuts from my christmas present box all over the 'back porch' laundry room area, and I walk into the living room which is where my desk and computer and everything is and it looked like a tornado hit it, he's cleaning and got the tv cabinet in the middleof the room trying to rearrange the whole room, I am surprised that my computer was actually plugged in and was right because he is so computer un-literate, anyway we are totally redoing the room as I type.

I overheated the shredder - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You are still trecking..I can't believe it. I am soo proud of you. I have to make my office better or yours is going to be better than mine...LOL

Jilleysue said:
You are still trecking..I can't believe it. I am soo proud of you. I have to make my office better or yours is going to be better than mine...LOL

Psht...not even close. I have been working on this ALL DAY LONG and you can't physically SEE a difference yet - LOL
THAT is sad. And, yes...the chocolate milk is STILL there,
I have been digging thru files nad files and piles and piles of papers - shredding SO much stuff it's unreal. I have found stuff I didn't even know I had.

Do you have ANY idea how much $$ I am going to save by being organized>?!!?!?
I have been buying and rebuying all sorts of office supplies simply because I thought I ran out when in reality I just misplaced stuff - LOL I am now finding it!!!

Well you must be happy about that..saving money and not buying stuff. That is funny.
I can't believe You of all people kept buying even though you didn' tknow you had stuff....WOW.
So glad this thread was started....LOL

Jilleysue said:
Well you must be happy about that..saving money and not buying stuff. That is funny.
I can't believe You of all people kept buying even though you didn' tknow you had stuff....WOW.
So glad this thread was started....LOL

It's the "being organized will save me $$" idea that is keeping me so motivated - LOLOLOL

Last edited:
hahahahahahahahahah.

Jennifer...I can assure you that it was not me that sent your husband that ESP message!!:) How is it coming along? I am putting together my cabinets. Jillysue...since many of us are tearing down and setting up again...any quick suggestions on how to set things up? Like questions we should ask? I am finding that my overheated shredder needs to be in my office somewhere and not in another room. I hate the mess it leaves, however. Also, between shredding and recycling paper, I have to come up with a system for these two catagories without creating a new kind of mess!?!?! BAHAHAHAH!

dannyzmom said:
It's the "being organized will save me $$" idea that is keeping me so motivated - LOLOLOL
Carolyn-you would have been a perfect candidate for that show CLEAN HOUSE! You probably could have saved a lot of time too and eared some money in a yard sale!! LOL!!!:p

Staples MailMate ShredderAs much as I hate Staples right now (they are laying off almost our whole finance department and moving them to SC) the Mailmate Shredder is AWESOME!! It will cut up your cedit cards, cds,dvds

Check it out at www.staples.com and type in Mailmate shredder in the search location. I am going to get myself one of these.

The Luann comic strip in today's paper was very relevant to this thread. :D

chefkristin said:
Carolyn-you would have been a perfect candidate for that show CLEAN HOUSE! You probably could have saved a lot of time too and eared some money in a yard sale!! LOL!!!:p

::::clutching my chest::::::::
My family has been threatening to call them for years!! I can't bear the thought of it!

DH is putting the shelves up in my closet right now!!!

Attachments

• TestShots 109 (Large).jpg
    TestShots 109 (Large).jpg
    10 KB · Views: 437
I can't wait to see the finished project Carolyn!! What a way to get ready for the new selling season!!

dannyzmom said:
::::clutching my chest::::::::
My family has been threatening to call them for years!! I can't bear the thought of it!
LOL!!! Why not?? I would think it would be fun! Plus your office would probably end up looking like an office!! LOL!!!;)

chefkristin said:
LOL!!! Why not?? I would think it would be fun! Plus your office would probably end up looking like an office!! LOL!!!;)

Because they would make me <gasp!> throw things away <faint>
I am a PACKRAT to the extreme.
I still have outfits from college (I graduated in '93)

dannyzmom said:
Because they would make me <gasp!> throw things away <faint>
I am a PACKRAT to the extreme.
I still have outfits from college (I graduated in '93)
You are killing me!! We really do have a lot in common!! I tend to be a pack rat myself! I keep EVERYTHING. I think I am going to try to get rid of a lot this year. It may take the whole year (LOL!!!) but I want to be able to invite people over which I will NOT do now!

chefkristin said:
You are killing me!! We really do have a lot in common!! I tend to be a pack rat myself! I keep EVERYTHING. I think I am going to try to get rid of a lot this year. It may take the whole year (LOL!!!) but I want to be able to invite people over which I will NOT do now!

That's EXACTLY what I was just saying to my husband. I used to entertain A LOT (in my old life with my ex-husband who was an OCD neat-freak) and now I avoid inviting people over because I am so embarrased by how messy my home is. I want to change that. I love my home and want to feel proud to invite people into it!

dannyzmom said:
That's EXACTLY what I was just saying to my husband. I used to entertain A LOT (in my old life with my ex-husband who was an OCD neat-freak) and now I avoid inviting people over because I am so embarrased by how messy my home is. I want to change that. I love my home and want to feel proud to invite people into it!
We can cheer each other on!! I have to grow up unfortunately. Something I have been putting off! LOL!! I was not born a house cleaner-that is for sure!

dannyzmom said:

Geeez.....you 2 girls sound just like my last 5 women that said no to having a show....:eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

Ginger428 said:
Geeez.....you 2 girls sound just like my last 5 women that said no to having a show....:eek: :rolleyes: :cool:
You have no idea how lazy I actually am!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DanielleQ