• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Pampered Chef Home Office!!

maybe.Sounds like you have a great plan! I love the desk you picked. Personally, I think a bright color would really help to set the tone for your business. Maybe something like pink or green?
ChefBurke
Silver Member
Ok heres my story.. So I had my own apt & found out I was Prego & moved back home to my moms to save money & have support, well now my daughter is 9months old & I started PC when she was 6wks old, sooo my mom is letting me redo the computer room-well I am going to pain(havent decided on a color) I want something bright & cheerful! I saw a beautiful florida pink color & some bright green color.. I just bought a used beautiful computer armoire. Sooo I want to see if some of yall can post pictures of your home PC offices if ya have em! My directors gave me some inspiration she has charts on her wall(VERY CUTE!) of all her recruits.. so if anyone has a homeoffice plz take a pic & post & maybe we can all share & swap decorating ideas!!!!

OMG - you SO do NOT want to see my home office - I am a SLOB. It is a wreck (but *I* know where everything is - LOL) I have a file cabinet that is totally organized and I have all my postcards nicely organized in a hanging shoe bag. Let's see if I can upload some pics...nope can't upload them - it says the files are too big - any ideas?

My office in a corner of a bedroom. You do not want to see pics of it either!HA!

Mine is ALL OVER MY HOUSE!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

LOL Glad to at least hear Im not the only one in total chaios!

Sorry to be of no help at the moment, mine looks like WWIII hit! However I am working on that today! So I might be able to share someday.

Sounds like we all have the same office!! :eek: One thing that I have done that I really like is that I have my first apron (the khaki one!) hanging on the wall. I have all my pins and conference badges from the past 8 years on it. It is a neat conversation piece (when my office is clean I let people in <<ha ha>>).

One of my New Year's resolutions is to make a "dream board" to put above my desk. Covering it with pics of my dream house, favorite vacation spot (leaving room of course for a pic of the next trip incentive), everything I hope and dream for my business and family this year. I've always heard of how powerful visualizing your dreams can be, this year I am doing it!!

Good luck with your new office. One suggestion..you might want to research colors and their effects on your mood...red for energy, blue is calming, etc. Pick colors that will help you create the perfect mood for your business.

GeorgiaPeach said:
Sounds like we all have the same office!! :eek: One thing that I have done that I really like is that I have my first apron (the khaki one!) hanging on the wall. I have all my pins and conference badges from the past 8 years on it. It is a neat conversation piece (when my office is clean I let people in <<ha ha>>).

One of my New Year's resolutions is to make a "dream board" to put above my desk. Covering it with pics of my dream house, favorite vacation spot (leaving room of course for a pic of the next trip incentive), everything I hope and dream for my business and family this year. I've always heard of how powerful visualizing your dreams can be, this year I am doing it!!
oooooooooooh what a great idea to have a dream board posted in your home!! I might have to come up with something like that myself!

I too moved home to Mum's home 2 1/2 years ago. I found myself living on my own after my boyfriend of the time decided to move out. I couldn't afford to live on my own and attend university full time. Mum and I are getting a bit cramped for space in the apartment we are in and we are planning to buy a house in the next 12-18 months. I will have one area and she will have an inlaw suite or a nice basement apartment. WE are even considering building. Anyway, as for my office space it is mostly my laptop that sits on my lap while sitting in my bedroom. I keep all my PC products downstairs in a storage unit all ready to go to a show!

I went by Staples last week and found my dream office desk. I took a copy of the advertisement and plan to add that to my dream board too. One day when I do have that house I do want an office. Then I will get myself better organized. Until then, what I"m doing is working for the moment!

Cheers

I do have a dream wall, this is where I post any tracking charts pics of things I want, a list of stuff I want to pay off or purchase(this year on my list I was able to cross 6 things off yahoo!)It really does help, so this next year will be even bigger!I love the apron idea w/ all the conference pins that is way cool. I was just looking at my badge from conference wondering what to do with it?

I like the idea of the apron with badges & pins too! I've been trying to think of a clever way to display them;)
We are looking at getting a bigger house this spring; one "must have" is an extra room that I can use as an office! ~cause I'm all over the house too & I HATE IT!!

Lets see...my PC Home Office...there is a little bit in my kitchen, a little bit in my den, ALOT in my dining room, some scattered all over my "official" office space, some in my bedroom. So far I have not bombarded my kids rooms with PC stuff...but the more I get and aquire...ALL IS FAIR GAME KIDDIES!!! :eek:

(can I write off my car as office space???...LOL)

You know what's really bad is I bombared my little barn. Poor horse & chickens pretty soon their feed will be outside!

dannyzmom said:
OMG - you SO do NOT want to see my home office - I am a SLOB. It is a wreck (but *I* know where everything is - LOL) I have a file cabinet that is totally organized and I have all my postcards nicely organized in a hanging shoe bag. Let's see if I can upload some pics...nope can't upload them - it says the files are too big - any ideas?

Ooooo Hanging Shoe bag..what a good idea..... I just really need everything in a organized fashion....

Hmm, well although I have just started, I have to say, I am very organized. I really hope to stay this way. In my other job, I am a Compliance Director...so organization is my FULL TIME THING!!!! (I got pointers....LOL) My upstairs living room came with an area with a built in desk with a small window up above. It is really cute and perfect for Pampered Chef. It has 4 file cabinet drawers and two smaller drawers in the middle. I have a larger printer/scanner/faxer on one side, a 3 tiered stand on the other that holds catalogs, receipts for that month, and cook books on bottom for easy grabbing. I have the phone on the other side and my laptop fits right in the middle. All my file folders are in purple and are all labeled according to what is in side and then my bulletin board has the newest months calendar and whatever is going on, my goals, and to do list. On each side, there are two glass cabinets. These hold a series of decorative black boxes. One box has my U and C cards, one box has business cards, and right now the others are empty for future use. I think I will use one for my post cards when I get them in. (Can't wait...I ordered the started set from Nancy). I have supplies on a shelf and a shelf for Training DVD's.
I also have a plastic roll away cart that I just got that I will be using for invitiations, and any items that don't fit well in file folders. As my shows become more frequent, I will reorganize according to what makes for easy grabbing before shows.
I find a label maker and decorative boxes from organization stores the best things ever. They are usually used for pictures and things, but you can just use them for anything, and they go in any room to tidy things up a bit. I'll see if I can take some pics. It is really nothing special, but I find it a cute, quiet area. It's fun because my boyfriend loves that room, so while I am working or doing things, he has his couch, big screen tv and his remote right next to me. He'll say...."what cha doing...Pamper CHEFFING.??" HAHA, Of course. It's fun. My little office, his little TV domain area. It works.
Of course, my PC bags with products are downstairs in the kitchen so I can do recipes or whatever. Like I said, I am hoping to stay this organized. I think it is key to any business.

Jilleysue said:
Hmm, well although I have just started, I have to say, I am very organized. I really hope to stay this way. In my other job, I am a Compliance Director...so organization is my FULL TIME THING!!!! (I got pointers....LOL) My upstairs living room came with an area with a built in desk with a small window up above. It is really cute and perfect for Pampered Chef. It has 4 file cabinet drawers and two smaller drawers in the middle. I have a larger printer/scanner/faxer on one side, a 3 tiered stand on the other that holds catalogs, receipts for that month, and cook books on bottom for easy grabbing. I have the phone on the other side and my laptop fits right in the middle. All my file folders are in purple and are all labeled according to what is in side and then my bulletin board has the newest months calendar and whatever is going on, my goals, and to do list. On each side, there are two glass cabinets. These hold a series of decorative black boxes. One box has my U and C cards, one box has business cards, and right now the others are empty for future use. I think I will use one for my post cards when I get them in. (Can't wait...I ordered the started set from Nancy). I have supplies on a shelf and a shelf for Training DVD's.
I also have a plastic roll away cart that I just got that I will be using for invitiations, and any items that don't fit well in file folders. As my shows become more frequent, I will reorganize according to what makes for easy grabbing before shows.
I find a label maker and decorative boxes from organization stores the best things ever. They are usually used for pictures and things, but you can just use them for anything, and they go in any room to tidy things up a bit. I'll see if I can take some pics. It is really nothing special, but I find it a cute, quiet area. It's fun because my boyfriend loves that room, so while I am working or doing things, he has his couch, big screen tv and his remote right next to me. He'll say...."what cha doing...Pamper CHEFFING.??" HAHA, Of course. It's fun. My little office, his little TV domain area. It works.
Of course, my PC bags with products are downstairs in the kitchen so I can do recipes or whatever. Like I said, I am hoping to stay this organized. I think it is key to any business.

Ok - you are officially NEVER invited upstairs to see my pigsty office...unless, of course, you'd be willing to tackle the task of getting it organized with me - LOL

I am going to privately email you a picture - just for sh*ts & giggles - LOL

HAHAHAHA, you make me laugh. I will take a picture later tonight. I am a freak though. I am addicted to that HGTV show, "CLEAN SWEEP"...it's crazy, on top of that I am a Compliance Director, so my whole world is organization. I have to organize file folders on computers, documents, offices, manuals. See why your Task list helped me today. I need everything written down step by step as to how things should be done and then I can tweek things from there...or I am just a mess........LOL.

I love the shoe thing though..great idea. Easy for grabbing and seeing what ones you want to mail. Pictures on here of what we do will help everyone a great deal.I think everyone should submit more. Maybe offices, displays, shows...whatever. It would be great for Newbies like myself. I am a visual person..so it helps me.

I am totally willing to help though. Once I get my system down and it stays organized...I am more than willing to share any and all tips.....Maybe a PC office Organization Manual is in the works.....LOL

Noone is posting pictures...I am just dying to see some office pictures.....LOL. Does none dare....buaaahhh ahhhh ahhhhh????? LOL. HeHe For some reason, the thought is just making me chuckle.

OK since I cannot seem to add these attachments...go look at my Home Office at Kodak....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=b80b60e.aiq97au&Uy=azs0fb&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Last edited:
Oh crud that is only one view...the into room view. Let me see if I can get the other one to work. I do have other albums there...it is the other 2007 one.

That looks very very nice Erin. I love your apron all hung up. It looks so warm and cozy in there. I don't think I would leave.....LOL

OMG!! It is SO clean!! I wouldn't post a pic of my office/scrapbook room if you PAID me!!

I was thinking the same thing, how clean it was.....LOL. It is almost perfect....LOL. Did you pick up right before this pic???? HAHAHAHA. Even still, its very warm and cozy..LOVE IT!

gilliandanielle said:
OMG!! It is SO clean!! I wouldn't post a pic of my office/scrapbook room if you PAID me!!

Even for money???? LOL:D

Nah but I did do some "spring" cleaning last week! I chucked SO much old paperwork that for some reason I have been holding onto. My office is ALWAYS last on my list of places to clean so when the kids and DH were home over break...I spent one whole day in there!

Oh and it is SO comfy...you can't see out the window but I have a great view of one of the coves in our lake. It is full of ducks, geese and heron this time of year but in spring it is full of lily pads.

I don't know what you want to call my office space. It is located on a little tiney porch off of our living room. It has a door that leads to outside that hardly never anybody uses. This little porch has a closet on it. My DH and I took the doors off the closet and I painted and put a border in there. He built me some shelves for things and there is just enough space for my little desk which my computer sits on. I wanted a space I can sit at so my DH put a board up so I is kind of like a desk so I can sit and do writing work or whatever. It is kind of small but it works. I try to keep all of my PC things and my things in there.

I love hearing how people have their PC worlds set up. I am trying to keep my area set up so that when I have a show I can grap my rolling tote of course, but does anyone have a checklist they have as well of what they bring to shows, so I know to keep in my office. You know like apron, table cloth etc. I feel like I don't have everything ready in my office.

I have a tall cabinet with a bunch of shelves that have sorted papers and postcards and such in "organized" piles..and some are in file folders.. and I use my laptop wherever, and then my crate is in my closet when not in use. I keep the things I only use for parties right in it...my apron, tablecloth, etc. as far as my tools, i only have 1 of everything, so when it is time for a show, I basically raid all of my drawers, cabinets and bakers rack, throwing things into the crate! It isn't completely organized, but this isn't my FT job, and I am pretty happy with the way that things are around here! Everybody's needs are different :)

We have a little walk way off of our living room that has a door leading to outside. There is a closet that my DH and I took the doors off of. He built me a few shelves and I have a little desk that my computer sits on and is has a couple of draws to it. Than if you turn around DH put a board on the wall like a shelf so I could sit and do some writing or other sruff. Is is nice but I am slowly growing out of my little space. If anybody came to the door they could not open it and would have to use the other doorl i am hoping in another year or so we can add on or something.

ChefBurke said:
Ok heres my story.. So I had my own apt & found out I was Prego & moved back home to my moms to save money & have support, well now my daughter is 9months old & I started PC when she was 6wks old, sooo my mom is letting me redo the computer room-well I am going to pain(havent decided on a color) I want something bright & cheerful! I saw a beautiful florida pink color & some bright green color.. I just bought a used beautiful computer armoire. Sooo I want to see if some of yall can post pictures of your home PC offices if ya have em! My directors gave me some inspiration she has charts on her wall(VERY CUTE!) of all her recruits.. so if anyone has a homeoffice plz take a pic & post & maybe we can all share & swap decorating ideas!!!!

ChefBurke...I tried to respond to your PM and your storage is full.

I am trying to get mine to upload! Computer in one corner (notice Chef Success is on the monitor!) and boxes in anohter corner. Would LOVE new walls, I am sick of the brown paneling! We are slowly redoing each room. This will be a baby room when we EVER decide to have another one, so, no need to remodel it yet.

Oh well, my file is too big. And I downloaded an update to my Kodak program the other day and cannot figure out how to reduce the size now! UH!!! Aren't improvements just grand!:D :eek:

Ok, Here is my cute little Pampered Chef Area. It's small but my area, perfect for what I need at home. It's like it was built for PC. Pampered Chef logo on the screen, catalogs near me, phone, printer...everything I need for my nightly work. If you get close, you will see I am insanely organized with everything labeled and each item having it's home. :D The black boxes are what I was talking about for easy organizing of UandC cards or post cards. I have them alphabetized inside. Then my PC binder, stapler, stampers...everything I need.

Attachments

• christmas 2006 132 (small).jpg
    christmas 2006 132 (small).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 808
  • christmas 2006 141 (small).jpg
    christmas 2006 141 (small).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 787
  • Christmas 2006 108 (Small).jpg
    Christmas 2006 108 (Small).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 728
  • Christmas 2006 106 (Small).jpg
    Christmas 2006 106 (Small).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 736
  • christmas 2006 142 (small).jpg
    christmas 2006 142 (small).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 742
Wow...only if I was that organized. I usually start something with everything labeled, etc....but after a little while it turns to chaos. That looks great Jill!

Thanks, I can't function unless everythin is organized. I want to revamp a few things, but for now it works. I am going to need room I am sure when the PC boxes start to stack up, but atleast all the Paper work is organized. I am even as crazy as deciding on what forms I will be using, coding them and then creating a master forms list so that I can find them easier by Title. Everything right now that I get is saved by category and just put in file folders, but pretty soon on my lap top, it will be all organized. I need to be able to find things quick and fast and hopefully with Future Director insight, I can show a lot of my organization tips to my people.

OMG Jill - it's official.

You are NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER coming into my "office" (aka: the pit). If I ever let you in here you would either call the men in white coats and have me committed or you'd call Home Office and demand to be switched to a new director cuz yours is insane.

NOOOOOO CAROLYN...I love you..You Make me Laugh!!!! Insane Directors..are the best. There should be no other!!!

Jilleysue said:
NOOOOOO CAROLYN...I love you..You Make me Laugh!!!! Insane Directors..are the best. There should be no other!!!

Our team should be very scared...one more nutty gal added to the team...and I thought national conference was fun last year -- look out Chicago!!!

OMG.... I thought mine was the only one that I can't see the top of my desk for the life of me.. .My husband says we need to blow the office up just to find stuff!!! ROFL...... I have a perfect U shaped on the floor of supplies that I am inventoring so I know how much I have of what and what I need to order....... I see I am not the only one who has the pigsti going on~!!!

LOL...Sometimes My Psycho organization hurts me...LOL. I am the type where everything needs to be in place before I go to bed. To do list ready. Everything in its spot. Tonight I am organizing file folders on my lap top, so everything for my Mailing #1 for a host can be in one file folder and I can just hit print after I customize it to fit their needs. I just love doing everything the way I want it for once instead of how someone else wants it. I am having fun.

Me being so organized....I am not liking my pictures that I posted are labeled Christmas 2006. I guess it's ok, because these were taking around that time, but really they should be labeled Home office 2006...ARRGGG....LOL

So how in sane I am??? HAHA

OMG! I need you to come to my place and help me get organized. I have a desk with a top drawer and a side filing cabinet and not to mention I also have two 2-filing cabinets and I still can't seem to be able to get everything in it's place. What filing system do you use? How do you decide what goes where?.... HELP!!!

Jilleysue said:
Ok, Here is my cute little Pampered Chef Area. It's small but my area, perfect for what I need at home. It's like it was built for PC. Pampered Chef logo on the screen, catalogs near me, phone, printer...everything I need for my nightly work. If you get close, you will see I am insanely organized with everything labeled and each item having it's home. :D The black boxes are what I was talking about for easy organizing of UandC cards or post cards. I have them alphabetized inside. Then my PC binder, stapler, stampers...everything I need.

A labeler is a gal's/guy's best friend! I also label everything Jill!

erinyourpclady said:
A labeler is a gal's/guy's best friend! I also label everything Jill!

Hey! I have a labeler....somewhere.....now where is it??? I think it might be in my office somewhere...:rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

jenniferknapp said:
Wow...only if I was that organized. I usually start something with everything labeled, etc....but after a little while it turns to chaos. That looks great Jill!

I do the same thing. I start off being all organized and then I just start throwing it in whatever file is handy or just a big drawer that will hold it all.

mommyhugz1978 said:
OMG.... I thought mine was the only one that I can't see the top of my desk for the life of me.. .My husband says we need to blow the office up just to find stuff!!! ROFL...... I have a perfect U shaped on the floor of supplies that I am inventoring so I know how much I have of what and what I need to order....... I see I am not the only one who has the pigsti going on~!!!

My husband is afraid to come into the office and sit at the desk. . .figures if he touches a pile and starts an avalanche I'll never find him. :eek:

I was so pleased to hear recent studies that say people who are messy are as successful as people who are neat, perhaps more so.

I planned to get this place in order during Christmas break. Oh well, perhaps before my first show this month. :rolleyes:

I don't know why I do not keep myself organized... I am busy, but still...it is so much easier in the long run! I need some motivation or something!! Oh, and procrastination... that is another problem of mine, and I think they work together!!

my3jjjs said:
OMG! I need you to come to my place and help me get organized. I have a desk with a top drawer and a side filing cabinet and not to mention I also have two 2-filing cabinets and I still can't seem to be able to get everything in it's place. What filing system do you use? How do you decide what goes where?.... HELP!!!

Well most all my flyers, host packet stuff, recipes, things like that are stored in folders on my lap top. I am a firm believer in the less paper the better. The more paper, the more disorganzed. Once you get rid of all the paper you don't need and just keep on copy on your computer, things start working themselves out. Then in my drawer, I have the filing system that the SS started me with. A file folder labeled with each month for host receipts, then for supply order, opportunity brochures, director newsletters, hard copy recipes, show planners, consultant agreements, gift certificates, show order forms, incentives/promos, notes from cluster meetings, super starter brochures, sales receipts, Consultant News.

In the bins you see on the side, I have my recipe cards that I give away, my invitations, and my referrals slips, and my post cards. In my black boxes, I have my U & C cards, business cards and other odd and ends. In other draws, I have colored paper, photo paper, card stock, construction paper. Another drawer has my PC envelopes, show envelopes. Then you can see my crate with my table cloth, binder, apron etc ready to go. Extra catalogs on top.

Let's see, The black 3 tiered thing has Section 1 labeled To DO/Planning, Section 2: Stickers/Labels and Section 3 Monthly Expense Receipts. Each month I pull those Receipts, Make sure I have them in my expense book and logged and start a new month and the system keeps trugging along.
I also have a black binder on the side that is my host binder that I use for quick reference to my host information. I know I can do everything online, but If I am on a phone call it makes it easy to write things down.

Does this help at all? I love to organize..lol. Can you tell??? Sick huh?:D

I talked to my account friend and explained that my office is in a guest bedroom that is not used except for husband's closet and he told me I could take the home office deduction! He also said I could deduct the value of bonuses received if I use them in my business to generate sales - which I do!! YAHOO!!! I love free tax advice!

The pictures my 13 year old daughter took and posted for me (I'm clueless)
not sure what she did and why they aren't links, Sorry if you didn't chooose to see them.
Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
The pictures my 13 year old daughter took and posted for me (I'm clueless)
not sure what she did and why they aren't links, Sorry if you didn't chooose to see them.
Teresa
I don't know how to post so they are in the thread - maybe I need your 13 yr old to teach me!

Nice office, I bet your Longaberger consultant LOVES you!

I'm suffering right now with sharing an office & desk with DH.....and he's a slob when it comes to the desk (he loves piles.....grrrrrr!). I'm trying to find new furniture so we can both have our own space. I really want to get a Partner's Desk, but haven't yet found one that's less than $3,000....not what I had in mind. But it would look fab in my office!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DanielleQ