• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Productivity: Tips for Creating Your Perfect Home Office Space

In summary, someone recommended that the person put their cat picture in a pet photo contest and they received an email confirming their submission. The email also asked for friends and family to vote for the photo. The person asked for help with voting and others voted for their cat. The person also asked for suggestions on where to vote and someone suggested using multiple email accounts. There was a discussion about voting for the cat named Asher and trying to catch up to another cat in first place. The person thanked everyone for voting and there was a discussion about office spaces.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
office spaceI don't have a designated office space. I have my laptop next to the couch and some of my stuff on the dining room table. I do have a sitting room attached to the master bedroom, but the space is small and I can't use it once my hubby goes to bed. We have a den which is pretty much unused space (well, used for storing stuff right now...PC and otherwise) but there is no door. What do you do for office space? I feel like if I were to take over JUST the den (get my stuff out of the sitting room and dining room) and even just use a tension rod and a nice cloth shower curtain, that I would be more productive and would not look like I was working in the evenings when I am on my computer. I just sat down 10 minutes ago with drawing slips and lists of people to call for recruiting, booking and host coaching and hubby sits down on the couch and starts watching tv. I am perfectly fine with that however I now have to move to the bedroom where I can close a door. Hmmm....I guess I am looking for ideas on how to fix this as well as how YOU set up your work space!

Kate, the den sounds like the perfect solution!

I have a separate office and it's a godsend!

I've taken over a spare bedroom and it's great! The problem for me is that our wireless isn't giving me the range to have my computer in there since my DH UPGRADED it - lol:grumpy: So I have my computer in the "dining room" - which is set up as his office. Some day he'll be tired of me being in there and fix the issue or hard wire my office!! :pray:

Sounds like the den is your best bet.
I use what was my son's bedroom as my office. It works out so much better. I can close the door and get work done.
( no I didn't kick my son out, he opted to share a room with his brother).:approve:

My office is the front half of the toy room - our office/toyroom used to be two rooms but the previous owner broke down the wall so now it's one big long room. So, the back of the room is the kids' area and the front (and closet) is my office. It works well as I can be with them while doing work and they're playing right next to me.

I also use the spare bedroom, but my DH complains that PC is everywhere in the house. I have to find a way to keep everything in that spare room. :)

Addie4TLC said:
I also use the spare bedroom, but my DH complains that PC is everywhere in the house. I have to find a way to keep everything in that spare room. :)
Ha! That sounds familiar. I have a really nice offiice in our finished basement that I have some major organizational challenges with! So, more likely than not, I have made my "office" the island in our kitchen because I can cook, get the kids their meals, and watch the kids in the family room from there. Unfortunately having wireless internet for the last almost 2 years makes it WAY to easy to spread out and create a trail of paper mess. My husband probably wouldn't have gone for wireless internet if he knew this would happen!:bugeye: He thinks I'm very sloppy and hates the mess. Oops.:eek:

pamperedbecky said:
Ha! That sounds familiar. I have a really nice offiice in our finished basement that I have some major organizational challenges with! So, more likely than not, I have made my "office" the island in our kitchen because I can cook, get the kids their meals, and watch the kids in the family room from there. Unfortunately having wireless internet for the last almost 2 years makes it WAY to easy to spread out and create a trail of paper mess. My husband probably wouldn't have gone for wireless internet if he knew this would happen!:bugeye: He thinks I'm very sloppy and hates the mess. Oops.:eek:

Glad to know I'm not alone! Members of the paper mess army?! :)

My office consists of my couch and coffee table! :)

I originally used a spare room as my office, but found the more space I had, the more space I used. It got to the point that I just didn't want to even go in my office. Because I avoided my office, there were little "pc explosions" all over the house...drove DH crazy.

A few months ago, I completely streamlined everything and am both much happier and more productive. We have a very cheerful living room and I found that is where I really wanted to be. (One caveat: it's just my husband and I at home.)

We moved a table into the room and placed a small amoire next to it. On my desk is my laptop, a small open wire box in which I file my door prize slips, and one in which I keep the shows I am working. In the amoire are two portable file bins: one holds guest folders and host packets; the other has my binders. (I don't use files anymore...just binders). Catalogs, order forms, etc are kept on shelves in the amoire.

I keep my product samples, show-to-go, etc in a space below our stairs (we put bookcases in there so I can see where stuff is). We still have "pc explosions" when I prepping or putting away stuff for a show, but it's much better than before.

leggy

Someone on here or Chef Success recommended that I put my cat picture in a pet photo contest so I did and I just got this e-mail today:

Good day and thank you for your recent photo submission. Your cat's picture has been posted to the Cat Connection website for the November 2007 photo contest. Please tell your friends and family to vote for their favorite photo! Please remember, only one vote per person.

If there is a problem with the picture, name or voting, please let us know ASAP so we can correct the problem. You can follow this link to the contest - Cat Connection Cat of the Month Photo Contest
Good luck!,
Kristin B.
Customer Service/Webmaster

Please vote for Asher!
It's a little bit of a pain, you vote then get and e-mail and click on the link to register the vote...but appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Christ Follower said:
Where do I go to vote first?

UGH! It didn't copy the link! Sorry!!!!

You can follow this link to the contest - Cat Connection Cat of the Month Photo Contest

http://www.thecatconnection.com/contest/contestants.shtml

i voted for your kitty!!

I voted for Asher and so did my dh and dd (dont ask how)

so there are 3 more and I checked and you have 5% of the votes 2nd only to BJ and he has 10% so come on ladies it takes 2 secs!!!!

janetupnorth said:
Someone on here or Chef Success recommended that I put my cat picture in a pet photo contest so I did and I just got this e-mail today:

Good day and thank you for your recent photo submission. Your cat's picture has been posted to the Cat Connection website for the November 2007 photo contest. Please tell your friends and family to vote for their favorite photo! Please remember, only one vote per person.

If there is a problem with the picture, name or voting, please let us know ASAP so we can correct the problem. You can follow this link to the contest - Cat Connection Cat of the Month Photo Contest
Good luck!,
Kristin B.
Customer Service/Webmaster

Please vote for Asher!
It's a little bit of a pain, you vote then get and e-mail and click on the link to register the vote...but appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

that was me !!!:D goin' to vote right now! good luck!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

hey that BJ is in lead...get voting ladies! :)

I just voted. If all you have to do is vote with different e-mails. I can do that! I can also send it around to some friends.

Is the e-mail slow? I have not gotten it yet - or am I just impatient?

I still haven't gotten the e-mail from to Yahoo e-mail account!

I revoted under my work address and the e-mail finally came. I have sent an e-mail to more than 20 people asking them to vote too.

I personally think Asher is way cuter than BJ who is in first when I just checked.

my email went to Junk mail, check there.

Thank you, that is were it was at. I know a couple people from work voted but we need a lot more!!!

reba515 said:
that was me !!!:D goin' to vote right now! good luck!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Thanks! ...and for the suggestion...I don't think it's a big prize - maybe a toy or collar but Sammie (DD) will be excited if she wins....

That other cat is still in first... I don't think he's that cute either, but I'll admit I'm biased!

He is catching up! Woo Hoo!!

Your sign is soo funny!
theyore.gif

BUMP FOR ASHER!!!

pagelcat.jpg

VOTE FOR ASHER BECAUSE I SURE AINT GONNA WIN! LMAO

I voted for Asher again. Have used all my e-mail accounts & am trying to think how I could do more. Let me see if I can remember how to get into my son's e-mail account.

Oh ya! I guess I can vote on my DH's account too huh?

Christ Follower said:
Oh ya! I guess I can vote on my DH's account too huh?

thats what I did!

Missing by 1%?! thats it! Oh come on ladies!

Forgot to say I'm waiting for the email to confirm my vote!

...and thanks to everyone else voting and bumping!!!! :)

bump!! for us evening owls!

1. How can I create a designated office space in my home?

If you don't have a spare room or office space in your home, you can get creative and use other areas such as a corner of your bedroom, a closet, or a section of your living room. You can also consider converting a spare room or unused space, like a den, into a home office.

2. What can I do if I don't have a door for my home office space?

If your office space is in a shared area, you can use a tension rod and a curtain to create a divider and give yourself privacy when needed. You can also use a room divider or a bookshelf to create a physical boundary between your workspace and the rest of the room.

3. How can I make my home office space more productive?

Start by decluttering and organizing your space. Make sure you have all the necessary supplies and equipment within reach. Set up a comfortable and ergonomic workstation to prevent strain and fatigue. Consider adding plants, natural lighting, and a dedicated phone line to make your space more inviting and functional.

4. How can I avoid distractions while working from home?

If you share your home with others, it can be challenging to avoid distractions. Communicate with your family or roommates about your work schedule and boundaries. Set up a schedule and stick to it. You can also use noise-canceling headphones, a white noise machine, or a "do not disturb" sign to minimize interruptions.

5. How do you set up your own home office space?

I personally have a designated room for my home office. I have a desk, a comfortable chair, and a filing cabinet. I also have a bulletin board and a whiteboard to keep track of my tasks and goals. I make sure to keep my space organized and clutter-free to stay focused and productive. I also have a separate work phone line and a reliable internet connection to ensure seamless communication with clients and colleagues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrny2001
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrny2001
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • DanielleQ