• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Home Office Organization Tips? Share Your Wisdom!

In summary, to maximize your space in your home office, declutter and use vertical and wall space. Stay organized by creating a designated workspace and setting up a filing system. To make your home office more functional and efficient, use to-do lists and technology. For a small home office, use creative storage solutions such as hanging file folders and rolling carts. To maintain work-life balance while working from home, set boundaries and take breaks. Prioritize self-care and disconnect from work after hours.
DanielleQ
Hi, everyone! Well, I am ever-so-happy to announce (like the world has been waiting) that I have re-signed with TPC after a 2 year sabbatical!!

My name is Danielle and I live in the Central Valley of Northern California with my hubby, Corey, who is a police sergeant, and our two sons, Aidan (10) and Brendan (9 next week). I've been a stay-at-home mom since our oldest was born and, for the year I was active, I had a very successful TPC career in 2007-08. I cannot wait to get back into the swing of things and start hoppin' again.

I have a funny question (which I should prob post in the Business Tips section too). Do any of you wish to share your home office tips? I am organizationally challenged and we just moved into a much bigger home where I can have my own office and I'm hoping to maximize my space.

TIA for any input! I'm so proud and excited to be part of this great company!

Danielle

Hi Danielle. I am Danielle (pronounced dah-NEEL) Great to have you back with TPC.

DanielleQ said:
Hi, everyone! Well, I am ever-so-happy to announce (like the world has been waiting) that I have re-signed with TPC after a 2 year sabbatical!!

My name is Danielle and I live in the Central Valley of Northern California with my hubby, Corey, who is a police sergeant, and our two sons, Aidan (10) and Brendan (9 next week). I've been a stay-at-home mom since our oldest was born and, for the year I was active, I had a very successful TPC career in 2007-08. I cannot wait to get back into the swing of things and start hoppin' again.

I have a funny question (which I should prob post in the Business Tips section too). Do any of you wish to share your home office tips? I am organizationally challenged and we just moved into a much bigger home where I can have my own office and I'm hoping to maximize my space.

Danielle
Welcome back, Danielle! I, too, am back - this is my 3rd time and the last one! I will make sure of that. I even attended NC this year and I am just so revved up! I am going to try to not let little things get in the way, oh, you know, like my day job of being a high school science teacher! Wahooo!!!

Hi Danielle,

Where do you live and whose (who's??) cluster are you in? I had a blast coming "back to the table" my 2nd time as well! I hope you enjoy it here. (I have no organizational tips - I'm in a constant state of disarray!).

Joy

Welcome back!

DanielleQ said:

Danielle

Welcome back Danielle! My family & I too, just moved to a bigger home and I no longer have to share my office with my DH (nor convert it to a spare room whenever we have guests come to stay!). :sing:

My advice to you would be to set up the office with the items you used in your previous space(s); and your desk by the window if you can. Then, work a couple of days in that set up. As you work your business and the thoughts of, "I should have x" or "Wish I had put x over there/here", come to you, write them down on a list. After a couple of days, figure out if you have the "x" item somewhere else in your home. (example, baskets/bins). If you do, then add it. Or in the case of changing the work space set up, do one thing at a time. Work your business for a couple more days with the item you added and/or the change you made in the set up. Keep adding to your list of what you need (or want/ think you need).

IMO, make only a couple of changes at a time. This way, if something doesn't work, you'll know right away what it was.....change everything at once and you won't know what element is the culprit for the set up not working. Watch for the sales (back to school specials are on) and consult your list.....you might find it changes as the days go by.

By working a couple of days at a time between changes/additions, you won't get too distracted with setting up your new office instead of calling customers/booking shows, etc and you might not spend $$ on a whim buying everything you think you need for your new space. Having a space of your own can be a $$ pit if you let yourself "run amok" in the Office Supply store ;)

HTH.

Cheers,
Debbie

Julie Ann Jones had an Ask the Expert call about office organization. She suggested a target approach. The things within the bullseye, within arm's length while you're sitting at your desk, should be the stuff you need to get your hands on quickly and use frequently. The next ring out should be stuff that you use regularly, but don't necessarily use frequently or need urgently. Beyond that is archived stuff--stuff you need to keep but don't necessarily need to access often.My advice? Don't be afraid to make changes. Set things up. After a few weeks or months evaluate how things are going. Move or change things accordingly. It can take some time to figure out a system that works for you. It should be easy to maintain and work for your logic.

1. How can I maximize my space in my home office?

To maximize your space in your home office, start by decluttering and getting rid of any unnecessary items. Utilize vertical space by installing shelves or using stackable organizers. Utilize wall space by hanging a pegboard or using a wall grid to store supplies. Use multi-functional furniture such as a desk with built-in storage or a filing cabinet that can double as a side table.

2. What are some tips for staying organized in my home office?

Some tips for staying organized in your home office include creating a designated workspace, setting up a filing system, and regularly decluttering and organizing your space. Use labels and color coding to easily find and identify items. Make sure to put things back in their designated place after each use to maintain organization.

3. How can I make my home office more functional and efficient?

To make your home office more functional and efficient, create a daily or weekly to-do list to prioritize tasks. Use a planner or calendar to keep track of important deadlines and appointments. Keep necessary supplies within reach and have a designated spot for incoming and outgoing paperwork. Utilize technology such as a scanner or document management system to reduce paper clutter.

4. What are some creative storage solutions for a small home office?

Some creative storage solutions for a small home office include using hanging file folders, binder clips, and magazine holders to store papers and documents. Utilize a rolling cart or caddy to keep frequently used supplies organized and easily accessible. Utilize wall space by hanging a cork board or using a magnetic board to store notes and reminders.

5. How can I maintain a work-life balance while working from home?

To maintain a work-life balance while working from home, set boundaries and establish a set schedule for work hours. Take breaks and step away from your workspace to recharge and avoid burnout. Make sure to disconnect from work after hours and spend quality time with family and friends. Prioritize self-care and make time for hobbies and activities outside of work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DanielleQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DanielleQ
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
IvoryCat
  • MainStChef