• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice for a Newbie: Tips for Office Parties & Shows

Being a newbie myself (in my 4th month), I've learned to keep things simple at my shows. When I first started, I was so worried that someone might ask to see certain products & I wouldn't have them with me, so I took SO much stuff with me my first 2 or 3 shows and, of course, soon discovered that wasn't necessary. Our products sell themselves and so do the guests! Now, I just take the products used in the recipe and my TTA with utensils and leave everything else at home unless the host specifically asks that I bring it. Also, I've learned not to obsess about every detail before the show. I
MainStChef
Just wanted to hear any advise for a newbie. Still waiting on my kit but have catalog shows in progress and have a office party schedule. If you have any good advise or tips that will help me I would love to hear them.

Make your list of 100!!! Then read it to your husband/partner/good friend, and they'll think of more. Just did that yesterday and was FLOORED at the extra names he came up with!

Then talk to everyone on your list--don't prejudge whether they might want to do it or not.

Brag about the Charter Host Gift and get bookings! Bookings, bookings, bookings! Ask everyone! Carry catalogs with you everywhere. Ask, ask, ask!

BTW, this is all advice that I am giving myself as well, as I have been a consultant for less than a month as well. :) Your business won't work for you unless you work it!

Read everyting Laura posts and believe what she tells you!

As Chelsea said, ask EVERYONE to host a show and be sure to carry catalogs and business cards with you at all times. You never know who you might run into.

Being a newbie myself (in my 4th month), I've learned to keep things simple at my shows. When I first started, I was so worried that someone might ask to see certain products & I wouldn't have them with me, so I took SO much stuff with me my first 2 or 3 shows and, of course, soon discovered that wasn't necessary. Our products sell themselves and so do the guests! Now, I just take the products used in the recipe and my TTA with utensils and leave everything else at home unless the host specifically asks that I bring it.

Also, I've learned not to obsess about every detail before the show. I'm a worrier by nature (thanks, Mom...ha!) and I used to worry that I would forget to do or say something that I thought was really important. If you're worried about the details, you can't relax and really enjoy the show and your guests, which in turn affects the success of your show as the guests can pick up on your tension. Now, I just go and have fun with my shows. I always have somewhat of a show outline in mind beforehand, but I don't stress about following it to a T...and if I forget to mention something, it's not the end of the world. If you're relaxed and enjoying yourself and not worrying about details, that radiates to your host and guests and everyone will have a great time!

Just my 2 cents based on my own experience so far. HTH. :)

Research this site for ideas....though you may have to put time restrictions on yourself (it's addicting).

I pratically lived here my first two weeks (really...over six hours a day!). I learned soooooooo much...most of all, I gained a sense that this business really can be whatever you want it to be: hobby thru full-time (without the hassels of a regular 40-hour+ work week).

You can't implement every idea...so zero in on the ones that will help you get off to the best start: those related to host coaching, bookings, and sales.

Good luck....we're all here for you!

Before you do your first live show, create a script of what you want to say - actually write it down word-for-word and then read it out loud again and again until you are comfortable with the words you are saying. After you are comfortable, turn the script into an outline or put key points on index cards so you don't forget what to say.

I put my one page outline, a copy of the catalog, my recipe and the host info sheet in a binder with each page in seperate sheet protectors (I have the catalog pages seperated so each page is in a sheet protector) and keep it on the table with me at my show... that way I have it all in front of me and I feel much better! (Plus, with everything in sheet protectors, I don't have to worry about ruining anything... just wipe down and go on!)

1. How can I make a good impression at my first office party or show?

Make sure to dress professionally, be friendly and approachable, and come prepared with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and help out.

2. Should I bring any food or drinks to the office party or show?

It's always a good idea to bring a dish or beverage to share, but make sure to check with the host or organizer beforehand to see if there are any specific dietary restrictions or preferences.

3. How can I network and make connections at an office party or show?

Be sure to introduce yourself to others and strike up conversations. Ask questions, listen actively, and be genuine in your interactions. Also, don't be afraid to exchange contact information or follow up with people afterwards.

4. What should I do if I feel overwhelmed or out of place at the office party or show?

Take a deep breath, relax, and remember that everyone is there to have a good time and get to know each other. If you need a break, step away for a few minutes and come back when you feel more comfortable.

5. How can I promote my products or services at an office party or show without being pushy or salesy?

Focus on building relationships and making genuine connections with people. Share your products or services in a natural and authentic way, and be sure to listen to and address any questions or concerns that may come up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • sherri lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sherri lynn