• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Year-Long Fundraiser Proposal: Online Order System for School Parents/Guardians

In summary, the author is thinking of setting up an online fundraiser where parents can order products through the school year, but with monthly deadlines. The author suggests that the fundraiser only last for a month, and that it be promoted around holiday seasons. If the fundraiser does not meet sales expectations, it will not continue. There are also always promotional specials available.
KimoMakano
Gold Member
Okay, how about this?
I have been working with a friend on putting together a online fundraiser for her sons' school. She just sent me an email with her "wish list" of what she would like to propose. I am pretty sure it can be done but wanted to bounce it by you guys (cause you are all so helpful).

I would like to present this fundraiser to our schools Development Division. What I am thinking is setting up an online fundraiser for our school’s parents/guardians. They can order from your catalog throughout the year, but having a monthly deadline date.

We can set up a direct link from our site to your site, and possibly a code they will need to use to show their connection when ordering.

Can this be accomplished?

What do you guiys think?

i have 2 different thoughts:
1. it seems like people might be into it at first but after the first month or so, sales would die down alot.
2. it could be GREAT for people who cant afford something right now but are glad they can still help out the school next month, or after christmas, or whatever. it could also be nice for people as far as gift shopping. they could purchase a birthday gift in april and a portion of proceeds would go to a good cause.

i think if you do do it, dont get discouraged by low sales months. because its bound to happen.

On the direct link thing - you need to check with HO on that - they have to approve any direct links for fundraisers.

I think you would do better with a set time-frame. If people know it's always available they will always procrastinate and put it off. Also, what if you don't get enough orders in one month to count as a show?

pamperedlinda said:
I think you would do better with a set time-frame. If people know it's always available they will always procrastinate and put it off. Also, what if you don't get enough orders in one month to count as a show?

i thought about that too....

I think if you do this fundraiser you should only keep it open for 1 month at max. People tend to procrastinate and for those who order they have to wait too long to get their products. I don't think that sales will continue to be as good as the first month. Promote holiday shopping for themselves (preparation) and for gift giving.

You have to have a set deadline because the benefits go up as the totals do. I don't see how a year round fundraiser would work.

The other thing too is that HO does not let you link without permission and they only give you X number of days for that. You can speak to Career Solutions at HO for more on this.

The more I think about this I don't think it will work and you may not get enough orders each time to make it worthwhile.

Just as a reminder to you:

sales (before tax & shipping) under $600 fundraiser receives 10% of sales
sales (before tax & shipping) over $600 fundraiser receives 15% of sales

Also our guest specials change every month.

Will this be worth it to do it every month? I don't think so.

I just want you to see the whole picture and I am sure everyone else here does too. If you could get decent sales every month guaranteed it may be worth looking into but I just don't see it happening that you could get sales every month to make it worthwhile from the school. The goal is to get as much as possible and the more the sales are each time the bigger that rewards. HO will not accumulate each month and then present the check. It will be month to month.

1. What is the purpose of the Year-Long Fundraiser Proposal?

The purpose of the Year-Long Fundraiser Proposal is to provide a convenient and efficient way for school parents/guardians to support their child's school through online orders from Pampered Chef. The fundraiser will run for an entire year, providing the school with a continuous source of fundraising throughout the year.

2. How does the online order system work?

The online order system allows school parents/guardians to access a personalized Pampered Chef fundraising page, where they can browse and purchase products at any time. A portion of the proceeds from each purchase will go directly to the school, making it a hassle-free way for parents to support their child's school.

3. Is there a minimum or maximum amount of time the fundraiser can run?

No, there is no minimum or maximum time for the fundraiser to run. However, we recommend running it for at least a year to ensure a steady stream of fundraising for the school.

4. How will the school receive the funds raised through the online orders?

The school will receive a check for the total amount raised through the online orders on a monthly basis. This will be a convenient and timely way for the school to receive the funds and use them for various school needs.

5. Are there any upfront costs for the school to participate in the Year-Long Fundraiser Proposal?

No, there are no upfront costs for the school to participate. Pampered Chef will provide all the necessary materials and support to set up and run the online order system, making it a risk-free and hassle-free fundraising option for the school.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • dianevill
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies