• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should Parents Receive Incentives for a Children's Fundraiser?

In summary, Debbie suggests offering incentives to parents for a children's fundraiser, such as a prize or a $5 Blockbuster card. However, some people feel that this is too much work for the parents, and car washes do not typically offer such incentives.
Debbieskk
Hi - I'm setting up my very first fundraiser for a high school baseball team - does anyone have a form that they would send home with all the players explaining the rules - also, the organizer wanted some ideas for incentives - for BOTH kids and their parents, because she seems to feel that the parents do all the work. Also - what are some opinion about offering an incentive to parents for a children's fundraiser????

Thanks!

Debbie

Just bumping for you......(and I have my first fundraiser in March). There are some ideas as far as forms go if you look in the files section under fundraiers.

When I did a school FR a couple years ago (for a fifth grade class trip), I just said that top sellers (over $150 orders) would receive a prize. I ended up getting clear cello treat bags from the dollar store, and filling them with a little shredded tissue, a bag of microwave popcorn, a pack of gum, and a couple other small candies. The 3 students who got them were thrilled.

I think that HS students would be just as happy with a bag of treats like that, and you can toss in a $5 Blockbuster card for the top seller.

The letter I gave the chairperson is attached. The top sellers list is a little out of date, since the FR was a couple of years ago. But I think it helped boost sales, because people could find something to order without looking through the entire catalog. I gave the chairperson a catalog, 2 order forms and the letter (on bright paper) for each student.

Attachments

• FR Letter.doc
    27 KB · Views: 453
fundraisersHere are a bunch that I have found here. I may have changed them a little.

Attachments

• Fun%20Back%20in%20Fundraising[1].doc
    460 KB · Views: 353
  • Fund%20Raiser%20for%20RHS%20Junior%20Class%20Nov%2007[1].doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 258
  • fundraiser%20brochure2[1].doc
    145 KB · Views: 510
  • I did something similar with my kids.doc
    27 KB · Views: 400
  • Why choose fundraiser featuring products fromTPC.doc
    555.5 KB · Views: 525
Thanks everyone - can anyone give me their opinion on this - the person coordinating the fundraiser feels that the parents do most of the work, so wants to offer an incentive to the parents (in the way of a PC product). This is for a baseball team - ages 15-16. What do you think of this idea??? It seems just a little bit off to me - so i'd love to hear some other opinions.

I've never done a fundraiser with PC but in the ones I've done for Cub Scouts, the kids got the incentives, not the parents. And I can guarantee you the parents did most of the work for those. I know I hated popcorn for a long while when I stopped being a leader. lol

For yours, there's no reason 15-16 year olds need their parents to do the work for them. It's their team so if they want to raise money, they need to do it. If it was a car wash, would the parents be washing the cars for them? I don't think so. If it were me, I wouldn't agree to a parent incentive.

Although, if it were a really good incentive, maybe the parents would compete with each other and really raise big money. ;)

What are the benefits of hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

Hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef allows you to earn free and discounted products, while also supporting a good cause. Our fundraising program offers a variety of incentives, including free product credit, discounted products, and exclusive host specials. Plus, you'll also have the opportunity to connect with your community, have fun, and learn new cooking techniques!

How do I get started with hosting a fundraiser?

Getting started with hosting a fundraiser is easy! Simply fill out our online Fundraiser Form with your contact information and fundraising details. Once we receive your form, a Pampered Chef consultant will be in touch with you to discuss your fundraiser goals and plan the event.

How much money can my organization expect to earn from a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money your organization can earn from a Pampered Chef fundraiser varies, depending on the size of your event and the number of sales. On average, our fundraisers earn between $500 and $1000. However, the more guests and sales you have, the more money your organization can potentially earn.

How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser typically last?

Our fundraisers typically last for 2-3 weeks, depending on your fundraising goals and the availability of your guests. We recommend hosting your event for at least 2 weeks to give your guests enough time to place their orders.

Can I customize the incentives for my fundraiser?

Yes, you can customize the incentives for your fundraiser based on your organization's needs and goals. Our Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to create a personalized fundraising plan that will help you achieve your goals and earn the most rewards for your organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • knpfaff
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • raebates