• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Fundraiser Recipients and School Teachers

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using fundraisers to raise money for classroom supplies for teachers. It is suggested that the fundraiser be set up in the school's name, along with the teacher's name, to ensure the money is used for the intended purpose. It is also mentioned that some schools have a limit on the number of fundraisers allowed, and it is advised to check with the school board before proceeding. There is caution against teachers doing fundraisers for their own classrooms due to potential conflicts of interest.
esavvymom
Staff member
Since so many school teachers these days have to provide alot of their own classroom supplies or extras they'd want for their class, I was wondering about our Fundraisers. Is there a way we could make that work? I know it has to be a certain organization as the recipient- but what if a certain grade teacher wanted or NEEDED to do a fundraiser for her classroom so she could raise necessary $$ so she could get classroom supplies? Obviously, her name alone wouldn't work as the recipient, but could we set it up for the SCHOOL's Name, and her name both? so the School would know it's a check for her classroom? I'm sure if she set it up ahead of time with the school admin maybe?

Has anyone done this or what do you think? Now more than EVER that seems like a good way to open the door to smaller fundraisers if you figure each classroom may have 20-30 kids, plus her regular contacts. So many schools budgets are being slashed with the economy right now.

Thoughts??

Overall I think it sounds like a great idea. I would think if the teacher worked with the school in ensuring they knew the $$ was for her classroom, and the school was ok with that, then you could do it in the school's name.

We have that happen at our school sometimes. For example, there are parents/grandparents, etc. who like to donate money to a classroom for a field trip. The secretary puts the money in the general bank account for the school. Each grade level/teacher has an "account" so to speak to put money in and draw from. They just have to note it on the requisition form.

Hmmm....this isn't a bad idea. With budget cuts, I highly doubt that we will get our usual $150-200 for supplies this year. I may have to do a fundraiser for my own classroom. Even with the money the school puts in our "account" to use for these things, I usually always end up spending at least double that out of my own pocket. I am hearing rumors that we may even have to buy our own paper to run worksheets off on. Yep, I believe I might just borrow this idea and "pamper my classroom".

Saturday Gourmet said:
We have that happen at our school sometimes. For example, there are parents/grandparents, etc. who like to donate money to a classroom for a field trip. The secretary puts the money in the general bank account for the school. Each grade level/teacher has an "account" so to speak to put money in and draw from. They just have to note it on the requisition form.

Hmmm....this isn't a bad idea. With budget cuts, I highly doubt that we will get our usual $150-200 for supplies this year. I may have to do a fundraiser for my own classroom. Even with the money the school puts in our "account" to use for these things, I usually always end up spending at least double that out of my own pocket. I am hearing rumors that we may even have to buy our own paper to run worksheets off on. Yep, I believe I might just borrow this idea and "pamper my classroom".

Please do!! And I love that term! "Pamper a classroom".
I want to send out letters to my PTAs in town for fundraisers or vendor events, but even to include THIS as an option as well would be fun.

Just an FYI in our school district, each school is only allowed a certain number of fundraisers (for us I think it is 3 a year) and they have to be approved by the school board. So I wonder if their is a way around this or not, I am thinking probably not for our district. You might want to call the school board first to see if it will even be allowed before sending info's to the different PTA's.

To answer your question, you would setup the Organization as Lemongrove School, Mrs. Hailey's classroom - SUPPLIES.When the school receives the check, it will be crystal clear what it's for. Call HO to confirm how the check is imprinted after you submit the show.CAREFUL... don't do a fundraiser for your own classroom - HUGE conflict of interest. *(Someone's parent writing you a check and you giving them a grade / test score / classroom opportunity later...) Either have another consultant do it. or do it for another school and DONATE YOUR COMMISSION.

Yep, Scott, after I wrote that I immediately began thinking, "Not on my life!" I would never use a student in that way and my parents know it, but you'll always have that "one" who would use this against you. I am even hesitant to let my parents know that am a consultant.

Instead, in my classroom I've decided to do a "WISH FISH BOWL". I will use the cricket machine to cut out fish shapes and write the items I need on each fish and put it in a fish bowl. If parents would like to contribute, they can pick a wish fish at open house.

The WISH FISH is also something I was considering doing for a Bridal Shower. A different colored fish for each price range. I think it would be really cute for those Hawaii themed bridal showers I go to.

When we get our supply lists for the year it always has a classroom wish list, stuff like sharpies, dry erase markers, etc. Stuff that the teacher would use vs. what the student needs. I always pick up whatever they have there and just assumed everyone did but maybe I am wrong.

PCMomto4 said:
When we get our supply lists for the year it always has a classroom wish list, stuff like sharpies, dry erase markers, etc. Stuff that the teacher would use vs. what the student needs. I always pick up whatever they have there and just assumed everyone did but maybe I am wrong.

That is very nice, but your are NOT the NORM!! When I taught (which was 3 years) I NEVER received a single supply from parents!! I did work in school that was 97% free/reduced lunch, but not even a pencil. I actually supplied pencils and paper for my students.:eek:

Wow, we don't live in a super rich area but I think most of our school is alright financially. Hey I figure if they are spending all day teaching my kid it is the least I can do for them. I know this past year around Christmas her class had ran out of glue sticks so we went to Target and bought a few hundred for her teacher, come on the were only like 22 cents for a 2 or 3 pack.

We didn't do a PC fundraiser since we'd already done a couple fundraisers with PTO last year.....we did something called "stuff the bus". We do a movie night at the theater on the last day of school. We brought a small bus & parked in front. We put a big plastic tote in each seat (it was only a 8 or 10 seater) to organize supplies. Then when people came to the movie, they brought gently used (that their kids brought home on last day) or new supplies. It went over really well, & we're going to do it again at beginning of school at open house too. This way we'll have these totes with extra supplies on hand, so the teachers don't have to go out & buy stuff when they run out.

What types of fundraisers are available for school teachers?

There are two types of fundraisers available for school teachers through Pampered Chef: online fundraisers and in-person fundraisers. Online fundraisers involve creating a personalized online fundraiser link for the teacher to share with friends and family. In-person fundraisers involve hosting a cooking show event where a percentage of the sales will go towards the teacher's fundraiser.

How do I choose a specific school teacher as the recipient of my fundraiser?

To choose a specific school teacher as the recipient of your fundraiser, you will need to work with the teacher to set up the fundraiser. The teacher will need to provide their information and create a personalized fundraiser link through their Pampered Chef account. You can then share this link with others to support the teacher's fundraiser.

Do school teachers receive any benefits from hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

Yes, school teachers who host a fundraiser with Pampered Chef receive a percentage of the sales as a commission. They also have the opportunity to earn free products and discounts based on the sales from their fundraiser.

Can I host a fundraiser for multiple school teachers at once?

Yes, you can host a fundraiser for multiple school teachers at once. You will need to work with each teacher to set up their personalized fundraiser link and then share all the links with your friends and family. The sales from each fundraiser will be tracked separately, and each teacher will receive their own commission and benefits.

How can I track the progress of a school teacher's fundraiser?

You can track the progress of a school teacher's fundraiser by logging into your Pampered Chef account and viewing the fundraiser dashboard. This will show you the total sales, orders, and commission earned for each fundraiser. You can also contact the teacher directly to get updates on their fundraiser's progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • lailawatkins15
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies