• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challange??

In summary, a group of friends are discussing their plans to jumpstart their businesses and achieve the rank of Director. They are inspired by another consultant who is doing 20 shows in 30 days, and are setting their own goals for the upcoming months. They plan to hold each other accountable and support each other in reaching their goals. One consultant is also discussing her financial goals and her husband's support. Another consultant is interested in doing a 24 shows in 24 hours challenge. They exchange emails to keep in touch and support each other.
You're just kidding on the hunting us part, but not the beating down part? LOL!

I'm still at 2 cooking & my open house for this month
I'm up to 3 cooking so far & 1 confirmed catalog for Sept.....only need 16 more! I was glad to see that catalog shows also count for the promo.

lacychef said:
You're just kidding on the hunting us part, but not the beating down part? LOL!I'm still at 2 cooking & my open house for this month
I'm up to 3 cooking so far & 1 confirmed catalog for Sept.....only need 16 more! I was glad to see that catalog shows also count for the promo.
Well I thought the threat would work. Lacy you are so good to come post your results, I told everyone to post their results and I didn't even do it. My mind has been preoccupied w/ other things the past few days.My count is still the same:
Aug~ 2L
Sept~4L & 1CHow is everyone else doing? Just know that you can do anything you set your mind to. I can't wait to here how everyone is doing? I swear I won't hunt you down and beat it out of you. I may just hunt you down at conference. LOL

Last edited:
I decided I'm going to do some calls tomorrow evening. (Sunday) I usually don't on Sunday, but am going to try tomorrow.....still need 16 more!

I frequently make calls on Sunday ... will again this week. I find it's a great time to reach anybody who's not a pastor!

Realized yesterday that I FORGOT to call a host who asked me to call her on Wednesday, July 30 to get her schedule for August! I left her an apologetic message asking her to contact me, and promised to mail her info on specials and a mini catalog!

Also touched base with my MARCH host ... in March, she and her friend hosted my best show EVER ... her friend got the booking benefit from my June show (since the host was her aunt) and their friend was supposed to be the one who got the co-host HER booking benefit ... she was the one who never send me a guest list! I asked her to please contact her and let me know what is up ... if not ... I will find a way to get her something! Have to do something nice for my ONLY $1,000 hosts!

Mailing a bunch of stuff tomorrow ...

OH and Amanda ... I hope you're feeling better.

Nothing like what you've dealt with .. but I have been a bit under the weather ...

Just ran across this thread too and am going to jump on this bandwagon as I have nothing on my calendar except a booth in September!! I AM making calls tomorrow!!!!!

Di_Can_Cook said:
OH and Amanda ... I hope you're feeling better.Nothing like what you've dealt with .. but I have been a bit under the weather ...
It's not better yet. I will be calling the Dr. 1st thing in the morning. So I have not been doing anything. Sorry guys I am flaking.This sounds horrible but I would much rather deal w/ morning sickness, than this. DH thinks I am crazy, but it would be a lot stressful. I hope you feel better, being sick is no fun.

Last edited:
Oh, I hope you're all better in the morning Amanda! Try not to stress---only think POSITIVE thoughts;)

And no, you're not being flaky....you're the one that started this thread & threatened to hunt us...you're boosting us, not flaking!

So, how's everyone doing?
For Aug, I'm still at 2 cooking, 1 catalog, & my open house
For Sept, I have 4 cooking, 1 catalog & lots more still trying to get ahold of/people checking dates

Let's get geared up for a rockin' fall!

For August, I am currently at 3 cooking, and 2 catty shows (not sure if the catty shows will qualify :( .

For Sept, I have 7 cookings shows, and no catty shows, plus 1 booth at a street festival at the end of the month.

I have not done a thing (well I did book a Fundraiser for October) over the last 5 days, as I have had an awful cold that has exhausted me completely (and we went to my dad's near the beach for a long weekend.). I am trying to get back on track today, but the kids are driving me absolutely bonkers, and I can't concentrate on a thing!

Ha, maybe you'll have to lock yourself in a room by yourself to call Brenda! That's what I feel like doing sometimes!

Thanks Lacy for keeping this going!!!Not much new on my end, I don't want to even pick up the phone. Everything went to the machine today. Keep up the hard work, you'll enjoy your rewards in the end.

That's okay Amanda, you need to take a few days for yourself.

I added another Sept show yesterday.

Is everyone too busy getting bookings to check in here?;)
I added another Sept show yesterday, so now I have 6 cooking & 1 catalog. Still not enough yet!

lacychef said:
Ha, maybe you'll have to lock yourself in a room by yourself to call Brenda! That's what I feel like doing sometimes!

Nope, my 5 yr DS knows how to unlock the door. I could try to barricade the door, but then they just sit there and bang on the door. :grumpy:

Amanda, it is okay for you to take a few days to take care of yourself. Get some rest, and then when you are ready, you can come back to your business full swing.

In regards to bookings, my friday host just postponed her show last night, so it may become a September show (and 1 less August show, UGH!), and I may have a catty show for September in the works as well.

Slightly discouraged for me has turned into ready to give up. Everyone that said they might want a show in the last couple weeks has either gone MIA or changed their mind to NO. Plenty of people steal my catalogs at my booths, but I don't know if they get round-filed or used for bathroom reading, but I never hear from them either. I have 1 more show on my calendar for August (since my host from tonight has fallen off the face of the earth) and NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING for Sept. And I feel like I have no one left to call since I invited a whole bunch of people to my open house for next week. I haven't had a car for the last week, so I can't do any biz pampering either. I've been with it for 2 years now and this is my first August (I joined at the end of August in 2006 and took June - Oct off last year to have my baby) so I didn't realize how slow it gets. This is as bad as the 2 weeks after Christmas! And the economy is no help in the situation! I contemplated quitting today, but I just put in a big supply order, so I told myself I can't waste them. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I know we're all feeling it, I just can't help but take it personally.

I am frustrated on so many levels ... posted the non-pc stuff in the lounge .... but after my July fell apart, August is following suit:• My Aug. 20 host had the grace to call to reschedule ... it is going to be hard to work her around my booth schedule but I'm going to do it even if I have to "make" my friend watch the booth for me!• My Aug. 16 host has been dodging my calls. Ditto for the July 25 host who wanted to re-book before school started but never nailed down a date and the July 20 host who "turned her show into a book party" and the July 14 host who never gave me a guest list. I plan to call ALL these people by blocking the caller ID just to see if they answer!• Other than a small show I just turned in I am nowhere for August. (I do have a book party pending but no idea when it will close.) I am fearing that I will have to turn in an order for $32 just to stay active!If someone hadn't contacted me today to say they want to have a book party, I would consider quitting too!I have two shifts at a county fair in August and two fairs in September ... it is going to be hard to work my show schedule around them!

Jackie ... upon further reflection ... I have advice for all of us ... FIGHT DISCOURAGEMENT AS THE ENEMY IT IS! We have a great product and a great opportunity ... if people are discouraged in their own lives and can't see how great it is no matter what we say it is not our fault!Don't let anybody take a catalog without giving you their name and number!

Hang in there Jackie & Di! We all have tough months; some are tougher than others. Di, that's right....if someone isn't interested right now for whatever's going on in their life....just move on to the next---you'll find someone! I'm sure your booth will help you.

I actually booked another AUGUST show yesterday:thumbup: My MIL decided she wants to have a show next Saturday, so I was very excited about that!

Glad Lacy & Di pulled you all back to happy!

Things do get tough and sometimes there are moments when it sucks but if we want finicial rewards for our family we will keep going :)

Jackie, I see in your post that you are close to Director and that you have been doing this for 2 years. You sound like me, 6 month's ago.
I was inactive last fall and now....well, I am over the moon and proud of what I was able to do by not giving up.
Suggestions:
1)What would you tell someone on your team that was in the same situation?
2)If you really want to kick it up...Call ALL of your customers! You must have quite a bunch even with taking time off. Start calling them and offer them everything that PC has!
We all start with the same box of tools. If you want it, you will find a way!

***As for me, I have yet to do a show yet in August...Busy doing the county fair!
I have 6 left to do and should hit $4000 in sales
September is smoking I have 12 so far with more calls going out. I need 30 thousand points for Mexico and I will get it!!! ***
I read this thread all the time, you all are so supportive!

Well, at least tomorrow's host called to officially cancel .. he still wants to do a show but will check with his people to see what date works for him ...

I am doing a fair the last weekend of August and working too ... and I can squeeze in a fair that weekend if need be!

Sept. 6 is our fall kickoff
Sept. 11-14 is a four-day festival ... recruiter and I (plus maybe a clustermate) are splitting this one!
Sept. 20 is another festival in Ravenna.

I'm SURE I'll be stuck working the weekend following!

This makes it very hard to book shows but I am hoping to arrange some comp time off so I can schedule some week-night shows ... dare to dream! Sunday shows should work well too!

I'm off for a few days and hope to get some calls made ...

Nothing new on my end. Cheryl thanks for supporting everyone, you are a true inspiration.I did an ice cream social tonight, no bookings so far. I have a multi vendor event next Saturday. I am hoping to get some more bookings. I haven't had the motivation to pick up the phone yet.

Thank you sweetie :)

No worries, it will come.

Is it too late to join this challenge? I haven't had much time to be on CS and somehow missed reading what this thread was about . Ironically, I made the decision after conference to go for 20 shows in September (we must have telepathy Amanda!). I desperately want Paris but am short by around 40K. I've managed to completely rebuild my business since moving in Jan/Feb, but those first few months were tough.

Anyway, I currently have 10 cooking shows and 4 catalog shows scheduled. I've been letting my hosts know they can contact me with bookings from their shows now. They will get the booking benefit as long as I submit their show before their friends. (Hope I'm making sense; only one cup of joe so far.)

Amanda, thanks for starting this thread. I am so grateful for the support we give each other here.

Thanks for joining in Cheryl & Kris! You both inspire me so much:)I'm going to try making a couple calls today; as the next couple days I won't be able to. (won't be on here either) My girls & I are going with my mom back to school shopping out of town. I'm excited!
So good luck to you all while I'm gone! (oh, & I'll be wearing my PC shirt while shopping!)

pamperedalf said:
Wahoo, we can do it. As I am discouraged that I didn't get one live person today. Tomorrow I will get all of them! Ya that's it!!

Oooh ice cream sounds good, well not the kind you spit out, LOL! Can't tell I'm preggo, the food network is bad idea for me to watch. Anything I see on TV I want. DH likes it, because I am cooking more, although he will be back to frozen pizza in the next few months because I am going to be kicking some serious butt.

love this-tread----ok-Here is what I did---I kicked and screamed but am doing the power cooking parties in Sept---so of course I had to try them out--So my freezer is full----

GO FOR IT!!

pamperedalf said:
Maybe we can ask some of our Director friends, and I think I will send an email to my exec and see if she has anything like that. I know when she gives out picture frames of the phone as motivation.

I think the 100 is from OUTWARDIMAGE.COM-
E-mail them and ask for it---They will share---

MORFIA said:
I think the 100 is from OUTWARDIMAGE.COM-
E-mail them and ask for it---They will share---

Thanks Morfia, haven't had a chance to email them yet but I will get there.

Where is everyone??????????????Okay I know that I have been away and not w/ it for the last 2 weeks but I am trying to remotivate myself.

I realized this morning that Sept is fast approaching. I need to be director, want to be director and my show schedule is not even close to what it should be. I am currently sending out new minis w/ a letter to all my past hosts & VIP customers and will follow up in a few days.

Another way we can add a show to our schedule is hold our own. Why not, if you haven't done a fall show yet.

Come on ladies start reporting what you have, even if hasn't changed I want to make sure your alive.

Remember we can do anything we set our mind to. Dream Big & Achieve More!

Okay I need to call the Dr. to see what my levels were Monday, I swear I have been to that office more than I ever was when I had my son.

Well, I sent out about 150 invitations today to my "Fall Product Launch" I am having next Thursday. Already have 2 yeses from 2 friends at work, who had actually been talking about PC last week and were wondering when my next show was! I must have been sending out good vibes!! ;)

I have an RSVP date of Tuesday, but will get on the phone Monday and Tuesday and phone as many people as I can to follow up. Hopefully, I'll have a great turn out with tons of bookings....and sales! :)

PChefPEI said:
Well, I sent out about 150 invitations today to my "Fall Product Launch" I am having next Thursday. Already have 2 yeses from 2 friends at work, who had actually been talking about PC last week and were wondering when my next show was! I must have been sending out good vibes!! ;)

I have an RSVP date of Tuesday, but will get on the phone Monday and Tuesday and phone as many people as I can to follow up. Hopefully, I'll have a great turn out with tons of bookings....and sales! :)

Marie keep up those good vibes I can feel that it's going to be great success.

PChefPEI said:

I did the same thing, but closer to 200 invites. I got 1 yes, 2 nos, 2 can't make it but want a catalog, 2 "take me off your list!" and 190+ I haven't heard from. Mine is tomorrow nite, and I'm sending out a post call reminder tonight. This is my big make it or break it moment. I have called all my contacts and invited everyone. There is nothing else on my calendar, so if I don't get a good turn out, I think I'm done. I can't keep spending money and not making it back, so I have to get lots of bookings and sales. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

pamperedalf said:
Marie keep up those good vibes I can feel that it's going to be great success.

Thanks! :) I'm feeling really good about this one!!

linojackie said:
I did the same thing, but closer to 200 invites. I got 1 yes, 2 nos, 2 can't make it but want a catalog, 2 "take me off your list!" and 190+ I haven't heard from. Mine is tomorrow nite, and I'm sending out a post call reminder tonight. This is my big make it or break it moment. I have called all my contacts and invited everyone. There is nothing else on my calendar, so if I don't get a good turn out, I think I'm done. I can't keep spending money and not making it back, so I have to get lots of bookings and sales. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

I sure hope you get a good turn out! Keep the positive thoughts going!!! Maybe the two who want catalogs would host a show. And, don't dwell on the two "take me off your list!" as many of us do...it's only 2% of your contacts!! Get on the phone as much as you can today to all those you have not heard from. Sometimes these things just slip people's minds and they need (and appreciate!) the reminder.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! Please let us know how it goes!!

Hang in there Jackie...especially if you're so close to director! Keep following up; it'll happen!

Hope yours turns out well Marie!

Thanks for re-viving the thread Amanda! Glad to see you checking in...I was gone Sun-Tues, so I couldn't keep it going.

I'm still at 6 cooking & 1 catalog for Sept; gonna get on the phone more tonight. School started here today, so it's been a little crazy. I've got a show Sat, Sun, my open house next Tues, & show next Thurs....so I'm hoping...no I'M GOING TO GET!...bookings from all those:thumbup: Keep on chuggin'....we're starting our best time of year to be selling!

Oh yeah....different thread topic...but I've got a gal signing next week!:D

Good work, Lacy!! Good luck with all your up coming shows!!! YOU WILL get those bookings!! :)

Okay, so thought I would share the invitation I used for my show next week. Here it is! I printed them on nice bordered paper (well most of them, because I ran out! :rolleyes:). They looked really good...if I do say so myself! :)

Attachments

• Customer Appreciation invite-Fall 08.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 388
linojackie said:

Jackie, you can do this. I ditto what Lacy said. You can do this, don't give up. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Well, I had a show Friday night but she cancelled, her son is sick, but I was glad becasue we had some friends coming from out of town( didn't know when I shceduled the show), so it worked for both of us. I wouldn't have canceld her but noew we are both happy. I have 4 shows for September booked, 2 catty shows booked and 2 or 3 more possible shows. I h=am having a Fall Kick off at my house next Saturday for 1 to 4 and hoping for lots of Ocotber bookings. I have several people who have told me yes or no and I am having a special drawing for those people. I am also going to try and turn in an order for retireing items that day and a show for the new items on 9-1-08. I am doing 2 mystery host shows for these orders.....I decided if I had 10 people there it would be a great success. I am excited. Wish me luck

chefdiana2007 said:
Well, I had a show Friday night but she cancelled, her son is sick, but I was glad becasue we had some friends coming from out of town( didn't know when I shceduled the show), so it worked for both of us. I wouldn't have canceld her but noew we are both happy. I have 4 shows for September booked, 2 catty shows booked and 2 or 3 more possible shows. I h=am having a Fall Kick off at my house next Saturday for 1 to 4 and hoping for lots of Ocotber bookings. I have several people who have told me yes or no and I am having a special drawing for those people. I am also going to try and turn in an order for retireing items that day and a show for the new items on 9-1-08. I am doing 2 mystery host shows for these orders.....I decided if I had 10 people there it would be a great success. I am excited. Wish me luck

Diana we believe in you. You can do it. I currently have 2 catalog shows going for the retired items and the new items. I might add them to my sister's catalog show going on.

chefdiana2007 said:

You go, Diana!! You can do it! :)

PChefPEI said:
Okay, so thought I would share the invitation I used for my show next week. Here it is! I printed them on nice bordered paper (well most of them, because I ran out! :rolleyes:). They looked really good...if I do say so myself! :)

Nice Invitation, wish I could go! lol

TinaOuellette said:
Nice Invitation, wish I could go! lol

:) Wish you could too! You're so close, yet so far away!! :p

I'm sorry to be a Negative Nelly ladies, but I'm at the end of my rope here. I sent out 200 invitations and had 3 people show up. Only 2 ordered for a total of $39 in product. Now what do I do?

Jackie, that SOOOO sucks! What about getting on the phone to those 197 who didn't show?

Yes, get on that phone! Ask if they'd like to see a discontinued product list. Do you have a website? You could do like Janet did & send out an outlet email & see if that generates some orders that way too. I know it can be discouraging, but don't let it keep you down.

lacychef said:
Yes, get on that phone! Ask if they'd like to see a discontinued product list. Do you have a website? You could do like Janet did & send out an outlet email & see if that generates some orders that way too. I know it can be discouraging, but don't let it keep you down.

That's right! There will always be ups and downs...that's just the nature of this business...the nature of life, really! You just need to focus on your Why and your goals and keep pluggin' away! You can do it! NEVER EVER give up on yourself and your dreams!!!! I (and all of us, I'm sure!) believe in you! :D

linojackie said:
I'm sorry to be a Negative Nelly ladies, but I'm at the end of my rope here. I sent out 200 invitations and had 3 people show up. Only 2 ordered for a total of $39 in product. Now what do I do?

Did you personally call all two hundred to remind them to come?

If not it is time to do that. Pick up the phone, put on a happy face and tell them they missed a great time, but you would love to come to their house and show them one!;)

I really am curious if you were able to call them....

don't give up. get on the phone and call them and like the other gals said, we are 100% behind you. My director lieves in another state and the girl I signed up under is having a hard time staying active, (but I don't think she works her business).

<h2>1. What is the "Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challenge?"</h2><p>The "Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challenge" is a program where Pampered Chef consultants aim to book as many shows as possible within a specific time frame, usually 30 days. It is a great way to jumpstart your business and increase your sales and bookings.</p><h2>2. Where did the idea for this booking challenge come from?</h2><p>The idea for this booking challenge originated from Don Funt, a successful Pampered Chef consultant. He shared his strategy of doing 20 shows in 30 days to jumpstart his business and it has been adopted by many consultants with great success.</p><h2>3. Is it mandatory to do 20 shows in 30 days for the booking challenge?</h2><p>No, the number of shows you aim to book is up to you. The main goal of the booking challenge is to increase your bookings and jumpstart your business. You can set your own target number of shows that you feel comfortable with.</p><h2>4. How can joining the booking challenge help me achieve my business goals?</h2><p>The booking challenge can help you achieve your business goals by providing a sense of accountability and motivation. By joining with other consultants and setting a target number of shows, you are more likely to stay committed and focused on achieving your goals. It can also help increase your bookings and sales, which can ultimately lead to achieving higher ranks and promotions in your business.</p><h2>5. Can I participate in the booking challenge if I am a new consultant or have a busy schedule?</h2><p>Yes, the booking challenge is open to all consultants, regardless of their experience level or schedule. You can set your own target number of shows and work at your own pace. The important thing is to stay committed and motivated to reach your goals.</p>

1. What is the "Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challenge?"

The "Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challenge" is a program where Pampered Chef consultants aim to book as many shows as possible within a specific time frame, usually 30 days. It is a great way to jumpstart your business and increase your sales and bookings.

2. Where did the idea for this booking challenge come from?

The idea for this booking challenge originated from Don Funt, a successful Pampered Chef consultant. He shared his strategy of doing 20 shows in 30 days to jumpstart his business and it has been adopted by many consultants with great success.

3. Is it mandatory to do 20 shows in 30 days for the booking challenge?

No, the number of shows you aim to book is up to you. The main goal of the booking challenge is to increase your bookings and jumpstart your business. You can set your own target number of shows that you feel comfortable with.

4. How can joining the booking challenge help me achieve my business goals?

The booking challenge can help you achieve your business goals by providing a sense of accountability and motivation. By joining with other consultants and setting a target number of shows, you are more likely to stay committed and focused on achieving your goals. It can also help increase your bookings and sales, which can ultimately lead to achieving higher ranks and promotions in your business.

5. Can I participate in the booking challenge if I am a new consultant or have a busy schedule?

Yes, the booking challenge is open to all consultants, regardless of their experience level or schedule. You can set your own target number of shows and work at your own pace. The important thing is to stay committed and motivated to reach your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vsweet01
  • melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kdangel518